Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

"GROUP SUBMISSION III" - POPPAGE!!!

Comments

• CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I agree with Oakesy...send 'em their cards make and they can send them in on this month's special, IMO
  • ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I'll third the "screw them". However don't send them their cards back until they send you shipping money. Why should you be out the money? Three weeks after the due date is plenty of time for them to send payment.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    There are two payments in the mail to me, so there's only one person that I'm now waiting on for a response. If those payments arrive before I hear back from the third person, I'll hold his cards back and send in the submission without them.
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    As one of the guys whose payment didnt make it to Craig, I just offered him the option of pulling my cards. I sent the money order to him a few weeks ago (I know I know... in this case I really did) but it has not arrived yet. If need be...my cards can be pulled and held for the next submission. I dont want to be the one who holds up everyone else's submission and I apologize to everyone for being one of the one's who is holding this up.

So I guess this is my public apology to everyone for not sending cards and payment in the same package. If my cards need to be pulled...by all means.. pull them and hold them for next time.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    I agree that they have had plenty of time to pay. The original deadline has past and there is no reason to hold the rest of us back. This months special is the same price anyway. We need some poppage image
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Not to cause any issues here....but why would you send your cards and payment separate? Why not in the same package or just use Paypal?
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
    If Craig sends the cards back to the people that have not paid yet then they would still have plenty of time to send out their own sub this month for the same price as the group sub. I say we should send the group sub off asap because everyone has had plenty of time to get their cards to Craig and pay by now. No reason to slow the rest of us down that got the cards and payment to Craig by the original deadline.
    Ok, I understand that everyone wants the submission to be sent off. I have this under control and would appreciate it if the "screw those guys" and "leave 'em behind" comments would stop. I should have noticed that payments weren't received sooner, so I've decided that I'm going to give a few days for those payments to arrive.

If anyone has a problem with that, I'm sorry.
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.

We will leave no submissions behind.

Ohhhh, so it's all Craig's fault?

Man, I thought that guy was lame before, but now it's lameness to a new level!!!!

oh, wait...Craig handles the group sub info? oops, I mean, he's rad!
  • That Craig guy is a jerk.

<< <i>That Craig guy is a jerk. >>

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Troy told me Craig smells like cheese and beer. However, I really don't see what's wrong with that.

<< <i>Troy told me Craig smells like cheese and beer. However, I really don't see what's wrong with that. >>

I wonder why! image

• DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    Dude, that's a creepy a$$ photo.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    One day closer to lift off.
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I will not be able to maintain my level of informative posts next week.

I do apologize to you few who just can't wait to hear what juicy little nuggets I pass along.

My family and I will be spending a full week Orange Beach, Sunday to Sunday.

Since this will be a vacation, I will not be bringing either of our laptops, so I will be effectively going back to an era without the internet, like 1964 or something. Was Al Gore inventing it back then?

I may use sunblock or I may just burn, I'm not sure.

I may drink a few adult beverages or I may not. Wait, that last part was a lie.

I may try to accidently take pics of all the fine honeys without my wife noticing, however she does a dam* good job of noticing so this may not be an option.

I may eat some raw oysters only if they are fully cooked. I actually love raw oysters, I think that I like the horseradish even more, and how the he(( did they come up with a name like horseradish anyways? There has to be a more appealing name for that.

I may go watch the Blue Angels in Pensacola Tuesday and I may go back Wed. They are awesome!!!!!!!

I may go gamble in Biloxi and I may lose some money. Very likely.

With all of these mays it reminds me of Billy Mays. I think Vince (Sham wow) is behind this some how.

Can I make this post any longer? No
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
    Bye Crimson.

I hope;

You get severe sunburn.

You get alcohol poisoning (not to death, just like a good stomach pump).

You find your wife's stash of pics of all the fine young guys and her "Extra large back massage wand".

Oysters give you food poisoning.

You loose your whole bankroll in Biloxi.

The ShamWow guy picks you up mistakenly think you are a prostitute and ends up punching you in the face .

This is your last post ever.

But seriously, I hope you and yours have a great vacation.
    The ShamWow guy picks you up mistakenly think you are a prostitute and ends up punching you in the face .

Kinda like Marky Mark in Boogie Nights, but he had a few inches on me and by a few I meant like 10
    Has everyone paid yet?
    Does anyone know if everyone is paid up yet?

<< <i>Does anyone know if everyone is paid up yet? >>

All but one, but I've got it covered. Cards will be shipped out early this week.
    TTT
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    Since our boy CrimsonTider isn't here to bump this thread daily......
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    Do we have shippage?

<< <i>Do we have shippage? >>

I expect the package to arrive at PSA by Monday or Tuesday. image
  • Has group submission 4 started yet?? I will get my cards out in the mail.
  • richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    bumpin, hoping that will speed it up !!! lol !
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭
    random thought - how come every time I go to health club and look to see who's in the pool or hot tub it looks like a scene from cocoon?
  • goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭

<< <i>random thought - how come every time I go to health club and look to see who's in the pool or hot tub it looks like a scene from cocoon? >>

Maybe it's time to get a better hobby? image
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
    I'm back and I'm tanned
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this qualifies or not.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
    Has psa recieved our cards yet?

<< <i>Has psa recieved our cards yet? >>

Nope...I'll be sure to update the thread when they do.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    bump
    I have finally removed all of the sand from all of my delicate body parts! Yeah!

Another informative post! That brings my number up to like twelve informative posts
    Cards are at PSA and are awaiting login. Cards were logged in over the course of 3 days on the last group sub, so I'll update again once everything is logged in.

• artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    WOOHOO!!!

mathew

now we can all sit back and relax for the next 30 to 45 days!

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    and as a side...

Thanks Craig, for all the work on getting this together!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    sweet....

psa 10 dale murphy rev. neg errors - at least 10 of them !!!!
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
    Well, being that this is a giant July special, it should be logged and graded by next week?

<< <i>Well, being that this is a giant July special, it should be logged and graded by next week? >>

Hopefully before they leave for the National. image
    Man, you know that's right.
  • burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Great timing - and my July special of 26 cards just logged today too - should be a nice return in September(?)!!
    Thanks Craig!
    Pete
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
    I love the SEC!!!!!!

HOOVER, Ala. -- Recession? What recession?

The SEC just spat on the global economic downturn and went, well, global. Foreclosed on a convent. Lit a cigar with a $100 bill.

There are folks trying to make rent in these trying times. The nation's most powerful football conference is trying to keep from laughing all the way to the bank.

The announcement of the SEC Network on Wednesday at the conference's preseason media days confirmed a new reality. Never mind the SEC becoming a national brand. All things considered, SEC football just became the world's most popular sport behind soccer and the NFL.

• SB Nation: SEC media days | B/R: SEC's best of the last 25 years

That's what a 15-year, $3 billion contract with ESPN, CBS and others will do for a conference's profile. ESPN made a grandiose announcement here at the SEC preseason media days calling their piece a "network" but really all the rightsholders are partners.

There is so much content that ESPN can't fit it all on its family of networks. Through the year 2024, the Worldwide Leader will show an average of one SEC event per day. But Fox is also a partner. So is Comcast. CBS has had the No. 1 choice of the SEC game of the week since 2000.

Even with the over-the-top, overhyping that ESPN can provide, Mike Aresco sees it this way: Consider it all a weeklong lead-in for CBS which gets the choice of the No. 1 SEC game each week.

"People watch what they think is important," said Aresco, CBS Sports executive vice president.

And the SEC is important from Wall Street to Beale Street. That's quite a change from the 1990s when the league was seen as a passion in a nine-state region.

You can invest in gold, if you want. The networks have invested in the gold standard.

"[It is] a period that someday may be called the SEC's Golden Age," commissioner Mike Slive said.

Someday?

Now they all drink of the same bottle of Cristal in the worst economy since the depression. The league hit it just right, finalizing the deal last year right before the economy tanked. The challenge now is for the rightsholders to make their money back through ad sales.

Unless there are bread lines, they seem confident. If the economy does flat line, we're all in trouble and nothing else will matter anyway.

Either way the SEC will party the same way: Grab another beer and getcha some ribs off the grill. The game's about to come on.

The league has taken over college football, TV -- and our minds. All our babies from now on will be named Zeke or Bubba. A fourth meal was just added to the human diet -- tailgate.

If the SEC were a nation, it would have finished fourth at the Beijing Olympics. Fifty-one former or current SEC athletes won medals.

There are close to 1,000 media here this week chronicling a league that drew 450,000 -- for its spring games.

With the announcement, the rest of the sport has been put in a secondary position financially and athletically. The Big Ten has to be kicking itself. Its fledgling network now looks like a mom and pop. Pete Carroll ought to be sweating too. The deal proves that there are enough folks in Southern California that care about, say, LSU to make the Tigers' games more available in USC territory.

That's a snapshot. Starting this season, every SEC football game will be televised on some platform or another. SEC schools are going to average a BCS bowl payout each year from now until 2024, $17 million in rights fees per season. The entire ACC contract with ABC/ESPN is worth $75 million. Vanderbilt will surpass that number in five years with its split of the new deal.

Slive was asked how any other conference can now possibly compete with his league.

"I wish you could print the expression on my face," Slive said looking like a happy drunk.

BCS? The SEC freakin' is the BCS. This is going to do nothing to slow the momentum from three consecutive national championships and four out of the last six.

You know what's scary? Slive says the league didn't even need that recent success to seal the deal. It's the fact that there are a whole lot of people in, say, Seattle who care about Auburn.

There are GM workers looking for transmissions to build. They might want to think about retraining. Someone is going to have to manage all that SEC Digital Network web content. That's another vein of income in the deal waiting to be mined.

In the negotiations, SEC schools wanted to keep the rights to their archives. At a place like Florida that means, in theory, fans can now put on a bib to catch their drool while watching a 24-hour loop of Steve Spurrier highlights from 1966 on their laptops. For the SEC? Pure profit when they go to sell ads.

With money just floating around, Nick Saban is going to look underpaid at $4 million per year. There will be kids in Orange County, Calif., growing up South Carolina fans.

In the end, the league moves the needle. CBS found that out in the late 1990s when it started doing SEC games.

"We were criticized by a lot of people in the industry," Aresco said. "You can't take a regional conference like the SEC and do a national package. Your affiliates will balk, they won't want to do it. People outside the region won't care.

"We said, 'Look, this is really good football.'"

Throw in the BCS and suddenly it has become CSI: Tuscaloosa. A weekly drama with a familiar cast.

"The coaches are the stars," Aresco said. Even Lane Kiffin, the Tennessee titan who hasn't coached a college game but has lit up plenty of rivals with his mouth of the South?

"It's perfect in terms of TV," Aresco said.

You might hear a lot of talk about college football being recession-proof. Not entirely true. Universities are struggling to balance budgets even with sold-out stadiums. But after helping fund football and the money-sucking minor sports with this deal, every SEC football program will now be able to contribute money to the university side.

If that's a bit of the Tide wagging the dog, who cares? Because we believe that Bama will win six of the next eight national championships due to Saban utter awesomeness.

"It's going to be self-perpetuating for a while," Aresco said. "Nothing lasts forever, [but] three national championships in a row. Who knows?"

We've got until 2024, at least, to find out.

Sweet!! With the 50 cards I have in the group sub and the other 60 I sent in on the July special it should be a nice poppage in September for me as well!!!
    I just remembered that a few people asked to see the list of cards from the submission. I've created a google document here.

Enjoy!

Some may note that I don't have any of my own cards in the submission. I am sending in my cards separately because I bought some raw cards that hadn't arrived in time to include in the group sub. image
    Besides Gumby, who subbed the sweetest Gantner card in this one?

<< <i>Besides Gumby, who subbed the sweetest Gantner card in this one? >>

There were 2 Gantners on the order...83 OPC and 92 Stadium Club. image Both were minty fresh with shots at 10.
    I'm probably the only one to submit any Jeff Conine cards! They're 9s at best though.