Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

"GROUP SUBMISSION III" - POPPAGE!!!

Comments

• Nothing against Ryan, but are we really going to hold up this sub for 5-10 hockey cards? I was just assuming they were hockey if they are coming from Canada.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    lets all give craig an extra $1-2 and he can sub the last 5-10 cards seperately
    who knows when those will show up.. image
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Over 500 posts and the cards have yet to be sent in! Way to go guys, this thread may go over the 1000 mark. Add in a few more arguements and hurt feelings and this puppy may get over 2000 posts.

collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
    Its too hot to play golf, boooo!
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>lets all give craig an extra $1-2 and he can sub the last 5-10 cards seperately
    who knows when those will show up.. image >>

No need for that...if the cards don't arrive by the time I'm done getting everything added to the submission form, they won't make it onto the submission. I PM'd Ryan 3 days ago and haven't heard back...so I'm guessing he changed his mind about participating.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you've had a chance to look at the cards I sent Craig, but you don't even have to tell me, I already know...they're beautiful.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know if you've had a chance to look at the cards I sent Craig, but you don't even have to tell me, I already know...they're beautiful. >>

I basically told Craig the same thing about my cards. Man-love is something beautiful to behold image
    lol I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to get a few of these cards slabbed. I'll finally have a complete slabbed run of all of Frank's early cards...I'm just hoping I can get a a couple of 9s on a few of them...I'm expecting a lot of 8s though. They're all just tough cards.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>lol I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to get a few of these cards slabbed. I'll finally have a complete slabbed run of all of Frank's early cards...I'm just hoping I can get a a couple of 9s on a few of them...I'm expecting a lot of 8s though. They're all just tough cards. >>

I will be getting lots of 9's and 8's as well Ross. Most of them are low serial #'d cards and tough issues so I can live with anything 8 or above. Anything under an 8 I would rather not have in my registry
  • csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I subbed a few 1988 Topps lol
  • onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

<< <i>image >>

I was just looking for this to bump it back up to the top. image
    I eat raw oysters in months without a 'R' in it!!!!!

I'm a daredevil
  • If you have time to bump this thread, you have time to do some sub forms. Get to work!!

<< <i>If you have time to bump this thread, you have time to do some sub forms. Get to work!! >>

Haha...unfortunately, although I can get to the site while I'm at work, I think actually bringing cards here and adding them to the submission form would be pushing it a little too far. image
    Craig, you the man!!

Got my Sub II cards today. Always nice to see them waiting for me when I get home.
  • ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    This is my first group sub, so this may have already been addressed or thought of, but let's see what everyone thinks:

After Craig sends in the submission, would it be ok for him (if he's willing and it's not a problem) to post a list of the cards that were submitted? Just a list-not to include submitter names, or anything like that, but simply the card listing, so we as a group could see what each other are subbing?

I'd just be curious to know what everyone else is doing. If this is against some sort of subbing/collecting etiquette, then just say so. It was just an idea that I thought might be cool to see.

Rodney
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭
    I think it'd be cool but then again we'd be talking 2000+ cards for him to list here.
  • ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    That would be alot of work for him to list all those cards and still have time for the ladies image , but I'm sure no one would mind if we each posted our individual lists of cards that were submitted.

Dal

<< <i>I think it'd be cool but then again we'd be talking 2000+ cards for him to list here. >>

If he has a single spreadsheet with all of our cards, it could be uploaded to a google document. If not, we can certainly show off our contributions individually.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    I would think that Craig would just be able to cut and paste the entire list.
    That is if everyone is OK with him showing their sub.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    Here's my sub. Sorry if it's a little small.

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    Craig, when you do these large subs, do you enter the cards onto the actual sub sheets, or do you enter everything in an Excel file patterned after the sub sheet?

The last couple times that I sent in a large sub (large by my standards) I wrote "see attached spreadsheet" on the sub form, and I attached a printed spreadsheet that had the same format as the sub form. PSA never treated it any different than when I fill out the actual form. Obviously I filled in everything else on the form, but I just wrote the "see attached" note inside the "card listings" section.

I was just curious how you did this ridiculously huge task. I couldn't even imagine taking something like this on.

<< <i>Craig, when you do these large subs, do you enter the cards onto the actual sub sheets, or do you enter everything in an Excel file patterned after the sub sheet?

The last couple times that I sent in a large sub (large by my standards) I wrote "see attached spreadsheet" on the sub form, and I attached a printed spreadsheet that had the same format as the sub form. PSA never treated it any different than when I fill out the actual form. Obviously I filled in everything else on the form, but I just wrote the "see attached" note inside the "card listings" section.

I was just curious how you did this ridiculously huge task. I couldn't even imagine taking something like this on. >>

That's exactly how I do it. Everything goes onto an Excel spreadsheet that has the same format as the submission form. It's much easier that way and it's the same spreadsheet I use to determine who owns which cards. I'll plan to cut & paste the list here once it's all done and the cards are sent.
    I had my first ever thread locked! I'm moving up in the world!
  • MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    How is the sub coming along Craig? It really stinks for you since the July special is basically the same price as we got on this group sub. Oh well, I already sent out a 4.50 and a 6.00 sub for the July specials. It would be sweet if all 3 of my subs popped around the same time. I am going to try and be disciplined enough to not look at the grades until I have the cards in hand and do a live opening here on the boards. I hope all is well and thanks again for the hard work on this sub!!!!!
    It's getting there. Thankfully I have a long holiday weekend to get the last of the cards labeled and the package shipped out.
    Get back to page 1
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    hi craig, how'd ya make out filling in the sub this weekend?
  • BassPro77BassPro77 Posts: 1,152
    they sent yet?
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I bet they go out tomorrow.
    I celebrated the birth of our nation by handling high explosives while intoxicated. Once again, I woke up on the fifth with ten fingers!!!

VICTORY!!!!
    I just sent PMs to 6 people who I don't show as paid. Once those payments are received and cleared, the cards will ship out.

I had thought that everyone was paid up, but when I went to write the check this morning, I realized we were almost $1k short in overall payments.
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I realized we were almost $1k short in overall payments

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

<< <i>I celebrated the birth of our nation by handling high explosives while intoxicated. Once again, I woke up on the fifth with ten fingers!!!

VICTORY!!!! >>

I celebrated the fourth with a fifth...thus I had some difficulty going forth on the fifth.
  • I also celebrated the 4th with explosives and alcohol accept I did it with 10 small children running around.

<< <i>I also celebrated the 4th with explosives and alcohol accept I did it with 10 small children running around. >>

I hope you still have all 10 small children running around... image

<< <i>

<< <i>I also celebrated the 4th with explosives and alcohol accept I did it with 10 small children running around. >>

I hope you still have all 10 small children running around... image >>

...with all 200 fingers and toes.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15

• << <i>I hope you still have all 10 small children running around... >>

A few suffered minor bumps, bruises and burns but there was no need to call 911.
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭
    Was up in you area yesterday Craig to take the kids to Summerfest.
    It's much better than Taste of Chicago.
    I started going there 19 years ago with this girl I met who is now my wife.
    Now I'm taking my 11 and 12 year olds. I'm getting old.
    You had some great weather yesterday! I didn't make it to Summerfest this year, but work about 3 blocks from the festival grounds. Here are the common reviews I've been hearing:

Music was good.
    Beer was expensive.
    Food was tasty and affordable.

I actually like the higher alcohol prices...it keeps many of the drunks out and allows for a little more of a family atmosphere.
    I remember "Penny Beer" at Club South on Tuesday nights and at " TC's" on Wed. night when I was in college, Well, I remember that those were the nights that had drink specials. To be perfectly honest, I really don't recall most of those evenings, but I could tell that I had a good time because I often woke up next to some random girl. Which, by the way, is a HELLA lot better than waking up next to a random guy!

I have yet to tarnish this thread with an anti-Emmitt statement. I'm going to hold off for two weeks, then I will let go on 22.
    Patting my self on the back for another quailty post

Way to go Joey!!!
  • Did we ship yet?
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
    I was wondering the same thing. I'm sure Craig will update us soon.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I wonder if he got the $1000 in payments he was waiting for by certain boardies? I know that was his holdup
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    I'm still waiting on a few payments, so I'm sending out another PM to those individuals this morning.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I say screw em.. way more then enough time to get money to you..