Home Precious Metals
Options

Are ASE's mostly just bullion? I several to sell at an upcoming show - what do I ask for them?

Do I just walk up to dealers and let them by my five ASE's for $9/each? Are the worth $20? Should I put them on BST as a lot? What how would the folks on the PM forum get shed of these?

Comments

• Options
    The Precious Metals BST would be a good place if you just have five. I have been selling 5 at a time as one lot on ebay a couple times a month, but I have a lot I bought to resell.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭
    yeah, put them on the PM BST Thread as 1 lot. You ought to be able to get $75-$80 shipped for them. More than you would get at a show from a dealer.

-wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    APMEX has them currently listed for $16.80 for quantities under 20. I would think that a BST offer of $80 delivered for the 5 would sell pretty damn quickly!
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    I tried selling some stuff on the BST to no avail. I got low ball offers so I said let me see if I get any other offers in the next 24 hrs. They then said they didn't want them any more. I got 1 offer that I accepted, we exchanged a bunch of PM's, then the guy who bid on it totally disappeared. Never paid, didn't answer his PM's

Totally soured me to the BST. Will never do business there again. I would rather sell to a dealer and get cash in hand.
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Okay, I'll round them up tonight and put them on the BST. I think there were 5. I'll know tonight. Thanks fellas.
  • Options
    Id consider Ebay. I also have tried to sell on the BST and everyone seems to want a "rip." They will offer you spot or less.

People who spend a lot of time on the boards and around coins have a lot more opportunity to buy/sell at market than JQ Public. They often only open thier wallets for a steal.
  • Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489

<< <i>I tried selling some stuff on the BST to no avail. I got low ball offers so I said let me see if I get any other offers in the next 24 hrs. They then said they didn't want them any more. I got 1 offer that I accepted, we exchanged a bunch of PM's, then the guy who bid on it totally disappeared. Never paid, didn't answer his PM's

Totally soured me to the BST. Will never do business there again. I would rather sell to a dealer and get cash in hand. >>

BST link

If this is the BST listing you are talking about.. It is obvious you need a lesson at listing coins.

Your links are to Teletrade auctions from as far back as 4 years ago. I buy weekly from the BST. The items
    that seem to go quick are the ones with decent pics and a price listed.

I have never had any issues from BST sellers.. And I have sold a good amount and never had an issue with a buyer...

zeebob, just list your ASEs for what you want and see what happens. It's not gonna cost ya a dime to list or sell..

16 bucks seem to be a quick selling price...

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    yes, that was the listing. I said someone would give me $1250 each in hand. So why do some bother to offer $1300 thru paypal? So I reject those offers. Then a guy offers $1350 thru paypal and I accept. Give him my name and paypal id and email address. Then I never hear from him again.

I concur that the BST is for people who want a rip. There must be a thousand threads about how dealers are scum cause they rip off people and then the same people try to do the same thing.