Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1952 Topps MANTLE Rookie PSA 3 - POOF!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

And like sellers can sell offline, potential bidders can choose not to bid with such sellers.

for every person that chooses not to bid with the seller there is an equal number that will because he will end his auction early...

like someone else posted...we are not talking about a "modern card"...

we all here really really really respect you because now you will block him and let us all know continually throughout the thread

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Stop acting like a troll.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    come down off of your perch...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya wanna play the ebay game, then ya play the ebay game and part of that game is the "risk" of the seller ending the auction early...if ya really want a card bad enough and are willing to pay the price, then ya "play the game" and make him a good offer hoping he'll accept it and end the auction early...if ya wanna just use open bids hoping you'll beat the "normal" bidders with their bids and snipes, then ya play that game.
  • Options
    Get off your soapbox...................

Agree with ya Stevek.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

for creativity...

CHOMP!

- uncut

• Options
    Careful you don't want to bite off more then you can chew...................

Get the last word in and lets put this thread to bed.

Make it something witty or at least make an attempt.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I know that I won't be popular saying this, but I have no problem if a seller ends an auction early. I've bought quite a few cards via off-line E-Bay purchases and have no regrets. On the flip side, several auctions have ended over the years which I was bidding on - which did upset me, however all is fair in love, war and E-Bay.

Several weeks ago, I offered a seller $100 for a PSA 5 YA Tittle rc that he just listed on E-Bay. He refused to end the auction and I ended up buying it for $35. Are you telling me that the seller should be proud that he didn't end the auction early - and was happy that he left $65 on the table? I just don't buy it.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know that I won't be popular saying this, but I have no problem if a seller ends an auction early. I've bought quite a few cards via off-line E-Bay purchases and have no regrets. On the flip side, several auctions have ended over the years which I was bidding on - which did upset me, however all is fair in love, war and E-Bay.

Several weeks ago, I offered a seller $100 for a PSA 5 YA Tittle rc that he just listed on E-Bay. He refused to end the auction and I ended up buying it for $35. Are you telling me that the seller should be proud that he didn't end the auction early - and was happy that he left $65 on the table? I just don't buy it.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

I've never ended an auction early because of accepting an offer. I've had many offers, but never have accepted one - I've always let the auction play itself out and have always gotten more than any offer. I guess it's just a question of knowing your market prices and basically knowing around what the items will sell for. But then again, I'm not selling individual cards for around 10K whereby the market can be a bit less certain than much lower priced cards...and if ya need to come up with some money "quickly" then ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    It just happened to me in my current auction and I will not end an auction early on someones request.I will obviously end an auction early if I screw up the description or someting very pertinent.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Ending an auction early is a financial no-no...chances are, the auction has been bid up substantially, has many watchers and will go higher.....ending early, you take out the competitive nature, and the only thing you save is fees.....but you 8 times out of 10, you would have attained alot more money had you let the auction run its course.