Home Precious Metals
Options

Poll: Who is Manipulating the Price of Gold?

OK conspiracy theorists, lets find out what you really think. And you can do so anonymously so that no once can laugh and call you crazy.

Comments

• Options
    I am.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    you failed to put in an option for "all of the above" and an option
    to abstain. I guess i will click the silliest one so i can see the results.
  • Options
    Yes, I too was looking for the Noone option but couldn't find it so guess its the Jews for me lol
    Its all relative
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    you anti semite Cars! image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Although its my belief that the Fed is the manipulator, to not have an option for "no one" make this a very tainted poll.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, I too was looking for the Noone option but couldn't find it so guess its the Jews for me lol >>

lol. i picked that option also. that is so 19th century. the typical boogieman
    used by hitler and others to explain all the woes of the country and people fell
    for it hook like and sinker by the millions and millions across many
    countries.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking for MoneyLA as a choice. Just call me crazy!

Interesting day where even the GDX "index" moved over 14% today from bottom right before 2:00 pm to peak near 4 pm. Gold moved about 7.5% from trough to peak ($882 to $950). Noteworthy is that the $882 number I've seen listed before as the peak of the 1980 market (though I've seen $887, $875, and $850 used as well).

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    Which way do you think its being manipulated? Up, Down or sideways?image
  • Options
    I despise anti-Semites. image
  • Options

<< <i>I was looking for MoneyLA as a choice. Just call me crazy!

Interesting day where even the GDX "index" moved over 14% today from bottom right before 2:00 pm to peak near 4 pm. Gold moved about 7.5% from trough to peak ($882 to $950). Noteworthy is that the $882 number I've seen listed before as the peak of the 1980 market (though I've seen $887, $875, and $850 used as well).

roadrunner >>

and To think I almost re-shorted GDX about 1;00 PM EST! I got distracted by a phone call and never got back to it....image
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    Elvis!!
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
  • Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    Smotis, in conjunction with the Russians.

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Not me image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not me either .... but I know for a fact it's the "Atlantian's" or the Knight Templars or both.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and To think I almost re-shorted GDX about 1;00 PM EST! I got distracted by a phone call and never got back to it....

I guess we chalk that one up to "dumb luck"?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking for the option: the price of gold is indirectly manipulated by the feds with the USD.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    it was just weird that it was falling like a feather in a vacuum then all of a sudden an atmosphere and then an updraft of "news".

is that "normal"? i doubt it

• Options
    the posts came in as expected...

calgold.. are you not convinced now?
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    roadrunner, you are a smart guy. Ive been trying to manipulate the price of gold with my web site, but darn it... it hasn't worked so far. So far, the market has been too strong for me to manipulate. In fact, I think the market is stronger than all would-be manipulators.

funny thing is, with a market this large, what chance would any manipulator have?
  • Options
    Well, since the largest gold and silver short positions on the comex are the big money center banks they are the most obvious manipulator's, however you can also add the fed as they have a vested interest in keeping the fiat currency charade going and the means at their disposale via the printing press and monetary policy. With all the fraud going on amongst the wall street firms, insurance companies and hedge funds who's to say the fed isn't funnelling money to the big money center banks to enhance their naked short positions in gold and silver?
  • Options
    funny thing is, with a market this large, what chance would any manipulator have?

Obviously they have fared better than MoneyLA.

Doesn't take much at all to move gold, esp. when the FED/Treasury tell you they will support you and then to naked short all you want since the CFTC won't bother with you either. These same guys can scarf up 20-100 tons of bullion at key points such as price peaks and dump it on the market. They did that in March 2008 following the BSC failure by dumping 220 tons in one shot and something similar in July 2008. Then toss in JPM having created $100 BILLION in 50-1 leveraged gold short derivatives (equivalent value of 3000 tons of gold) and I'd say you have some pretty cheap methods to keep gold from getting too far ahead of itself. These guys DO want gold to go up and the dollar to go down over time, but at their own pace so they can profit fully by it......and end up with most of the gold, all while letting the balloon deflate slowly. That's the game.

My vote goes to the guys with the $100 BILL in gold derivatives on the books.

roadrunner
  • Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    At first blush it appears that none but a few can spot a Masonic plot when they see one. On the other hand, if the Fed itself is a Masonic plot (RR—as our resident Fed phobic please feel free to chime in here), the numbers squeek past those who, seeing no conspiracy at all but having no “no-one” choice in this poll, stick with tradition (so 19th century as FC put it) and blame it (even if there is no it) on the Jews.

CG
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, since the largest gold and silver short positions on the comex are the big money center banks they are the most obvious manipulator's, however you can also add the fed as they have a vested interest in keeping the fiat currency charade going and the means at their disposale via the printing press and monetary policy. With all the fraud going on amongst the wall street firms, insurance companies and hedge funds who's to say the fed isn't funnelling money to the big money center banks to enhance their naked short positions in gold and silver? >>

What do you mean by manipulate. Banks hedge themselves by being long and short. No one in my estimation can manipulate the price for more than a day.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    "Banks" do not hedge themselves.

Since only 2-3 Banks are listed on the Comex with 60% of the gold position as of Feb 20th. What you really should have said was that out of thousands of banks in the world, 2-3 take a hugely significant hedge. The next question is why just 2 or 3? Why not dozens or hundreds or even thousands if this was so critical? I could see dozens or a hundred to represent the major trading desks of the top 100 banks/corporations. I'll bet my regional bank has no such hedged position and obvously no need for it. Why do only 2 banks control up to 80% of the Comex silver short positions? What are those 2 banks hedging from and why aren't dozens more involved in such an obvious necessity? Why shouldn't a group of silver producers/miners be the ones with the 60%-80% hedged position rather than 2 banks? Whose market is it, the silver producers and silver manufacturers or the banks? Were those future's markets created for the banks so they could hedge against currencies or for the miners so they could hedge production variables? Maybe it's just me, but the whole thing just smells. Why are no other major Comex commodity, metal or currency markets hedged to that extent by just 2-3 major banks? What is so "special" about gold or silver to deserve extraordinary treatment? If you were a member of the CFTC would you be concerned about just 2 players (and banks no less) having an 80% say in "freely" traded price discovery? What did the CFTC/SEC do when Bunker and Nelson hunt took a majority long stake in the silver futures back in the late 1970's and then legally demanded their right to have it delivered?

Calgold, have you ever read detailed versions of the machinations required to create the FED (ie the inner-workings between all the major players, brokers, politicians)? Excellent reading, esp. with the major insiders years later coming out with their accounts of what they did and why. It is interesting to find that Teddy Roosevelt came out of "nowhere" as a late candidate before the 1912 election to take votes away from the other Republican candidate who up to that point was the probably winner. Wilson won an election he should not have won. The bankers put their money behind Wilson (and TR) and got what they wanted...an easier route to the FED by 1913.

If the FED is so benevolent and helpful, why can't WE the People know who the true owners are and who profits by the FED's actions? The govt claims we should know such details about AIG since we own 80% of them. We technically own 100% of the FED because every penny they have created into existence came off our backs. What is the advantage to having a private corporation owned largely by other major bank owners (JPM, GS, etc.) run our money supply while earning interest on creating that money? Why not just do it all ourselves and save on the interest and the intrigue? Does any other major industrial nation have a Central Bank that is owned by a private corporation rather than the govt itself? Why do we even call it the Federal Reserve since it is not a federal entity (100% private) and they have no true reserves of their own?

roadrunner