Home Precious Metals
Options

Estate Sale finds today. Silver.

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was definately NOT looking for an estate sale today but I can't resist and I always ask if they have any coins. This time they said no, they'd already sold all the coins to a dealer about 30 miles from here (dealer gave them 5K) but they had found another bag with cents in it.

I offered and we agreed on $100 (after getting home I figured it was worth about $120 max) oh well. Included were about 25 circulated IHC's, an 1856 Large Cent in G, some misc foreign and U.S. silver.

These two bars and the eagle were part of the deal and I paid 15 each for the bars and 10 for the ASE. The eagle was colorized but that came off well with acetone.

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    very nice, you paid them a fair price
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    I always like buying colorized eagles for way less than market.. Then a quick soak and you just
    increased your value by 3 or 4 bucks.... I did this for a while at my local B@M until they caught on..

They would sell these for .50 over spot. And sell the regular ASEs for 5 dollars over spot..

I would buy all they had and go home to soak them.. I would sell them back for 2.50 over spot..image

That didn't last very long....image
  • Options
    Rodney Dangerfield... cool!!! image