Home Precious Metals
Options

buy and sell prices at B&Ms around the country??

could we have an ongoing thread with local buy and sell prices for various generic bullion coins, so we can see the differences at B&Ms around the country?

Im talking about one ounce eagles, maples, krugs, plats, and silvers?

B&M only... we can't see that on the web.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea but it may not be practical since there are thousands of B&M dealers and their prices fluctuate quite frequently. I usually go to the APMEX web site to get up-to-date prices on PM's.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, we raised our premium on gold eagles this morning, because MTB told us this morning that they will not be able to sell us any for the foreseeable future.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

My local B&M pays 90% back of spot on Gold and Platinum Bullion. He currently pays 8-9X Face for 90% silver and $10-$12/oz for 1 oz. Silver rounds/ASE's/etc.

-wes

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My local B&M pays 90% back of spot on Gold and Platinum Bullion. He currently pays 8-9X Face for 90% silver and $10-$12/oz for 1 oz. Silver rounds/ASE's/etc.

-wes >>

Sounds like he's ethically challenged.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    fishteethfishteeth Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold to my local guy at 10.5 X face last weekend, he was having a hard time getting any in and said he had buyers at 12X for any he got.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A local pawn store has SAE's for $17.50 today.

Bullion still for:

10 cents over spot per ounce on silver

$10 per ounce on gold

I don't want to find out what they're paying. It can't be much.
  • Options
    I was at my local B&M Today, ASE $6 over spot, they choose dates. 100 oz bars $2 over/oz Anything less $2.50 over. Few months ago it was $8 for ASE and $3.50/$4.50 on bars. Kinda funny how that works, Guess they don't want you to purchase silver under $15/oz in any form.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    my guy says he'll sell me 90% at 8.40/dollar face
  • Options
    MoneyLAMoneyLA Posts: 1,825
    I was in a local B&M today that was selling silver maples at $18.50 each, and was paying $88 for each 1/10 ounce AGE. After I heard those buy and sell prices, I didn't bother with anything else.
  • Options

<< <i>My local B&M pays 90% back of spot on Gold and Platinum Bullion. He currently pays 8-9X Face for 90% silver and $10-$12/oz for 1 oz. Silver rounds/ASE's/etc.

-wes[/

image What a CROOK!!! The local B&M's that I deal with always pay over spot on Gold, Platinum and Palladium usually 3-5% sometimes more. As for Silver they were paying 10.5 times on 90% the last time I was in there, .999 Silver ranged from generic at spot for bigger items with 1 oz. items at 50 cents over, 1 oz. Maples were $1.50 over while Eagles were $2 over.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>my guy says he'll sell me 90% at 8.40/dollar face >>

Step #1....run to your bank!

Step #2....withdraw all funds!

Step #3....run to that "guy"!

Step #4...buy as much 90% at that price as you possibly can!

Step #5...list it all on the BST at just 9.5x face and watch it all sell within minutes!

At $12.90, that 90% melts down at 9.22x face. Sounds like you have QUITE a buying opportunity there!
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think that is bad, the shop across town is paying spot minus 20% on American gold eagles, 8.00 on silver eagles and 5x face on 90% and buying it up like no tomorrow.

jim
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I always thought, man Jdimmick is giving such good deals on the BST, he must be really ripping customers off, but I was wrong, you are offering them MUCH more than the stores in the area.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.