Home Precious Metals
Options

Would you buy a 2008 1/10 gold buffalo right now for....Updated :)

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
$278.

Plus tax would make it. $295.

I can get one for this price in the original packaging but I'm not sure about the future upside/downside.

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way I'm spending $300 on $95 worth of gold but I'm looking at it from a bullion persepctive. If you're buying it for bullion I'd say pass. If you are buying it as a "collector" because it interests you then maybe it's worth the premium...only you can decide.

When I pay $400 for 21 grains of 89% silver (half dimes) I'm sure not buying them for bullion value. image
  • Options
    Definately not a bullion buy. But I wouldn't mind trying to get in a good thing before its too late.

I passed on one of the 1995 W proof Silver Eagles when they were $1000 and thought this one might be a similar situation.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    no WAY!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$278.

Plus tax would make it. $295.

I can get one for this price in the original packaging but I'm not sure about the future upside/downside. >>

Good price if it is the W & not the regular bullion strike ... The $5 W 2008 are selling in the $300 - $350 range... & don't forget, it was a one year issue & will not be produced any more ...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Well, I was wrong. It was 249. So I got it....It is the W.

The silver bars were spot plus 10 cents so I got 8 of them too.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I was wrong. It was 249. So I got it....It is the W.

The silver bars were spot plus 10 cents so I got 8 of them too.

image >>

You dun good ... image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."