Home Precious Metals
Options

Apmex

Placed my first order with them today. Was surprised by the high shipping cost. Added 7% to my total. Didn't bother me much however as I picked up some $25/oz silver for $15/oz.
Its all relative

Comments

• Options
    the 9.95 is the lowest but not too bad really, plus they are reliable.
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't bother me much however as I picked up some $25/oz silver for $15/oz. >>

What is $25/oz silver? Spot is no where near that?
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    Never had a problem with APMEX butttt their shipping charges are definatly geared toward larger orders!
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay with a check instead of a credit card and shipping charges are more reasonable.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Didn't bother me much however as I picked up some $25/oz silver for $15/oz. >>

What is $25/oz silver? Spot is no where near that? >>

They had some Credit Suisse bars which sell everyday on ebay for $25-40. & JM 5 oz bars which bring $100-$125. Now that I think about It must have been b/c of credit card. Shipping was somewhere around $20 then it raised up to $30 something when I started checkout. I didn't realize they charged extra for CC payment. O well, Now I know.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pay with a check instead of a credit card and shipping charges are more reasonable. >>

If you pay by Cashier's check/MO and not CC you get a 3% discount on the TOTAL, otherwise they charge you 3% of your order.

It is a pain though, I just spent half of my lunch break standing in line to get a Cashier's check. If I just sent a personal check, they would hold it for a full week or two.

Then I've got to mail it.

But on a larger order, I think it is worth saving the $.

On a different note, while I was at the bank I depositied some of the new Native American $1 and they looked at each roll and the teller told me that it was because people were trying to turn in quarters in the new dollar rolls.
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    Received my order today. I Didn't receive what I expected tho. I ordered a batch of 5 oz bars which they said would contain JM, Engelhard, Silvertowne and other well known names.

I ended up with NWT 5oz, Silvertowne 5oz and I'm fine with those names then I got some APM unsealed bars.

I also placed an order for a lot of 1 oz bars which were supposed to be Credit suisse, Clearly stated this when I purchased them. They ended up being Pamp Suisse, All sealed in original package. I guess I'm fine with this as well as they sell around the same price if not better than credit suisse. I just assumed I would receive what I ordered. I wasn't aware they had the authority to send whatever they like.

I did receive the credit suisse 5 gram bar however lol.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Received my order today. I Didn't receive what I expected tho. I ordered a batch of 5 oz bars which they said would contain JM, Engelhard, Silvertowne and other well known names.

I ended up with NWT 5oz, Silvertowne 5oz and I'm fine with those names then I got some APM unsealed bars.

I also placed an order for a lot of 1 oz bars which were supposed to be Credit suisse, Clearly stated this when I purchased them. They ended up being Pamp Suisse, All sealed in original package. I guess I'm fine with this as well as they sell around the same price if not better than credit suisse. I just assumed I would receive what I ordered. I wasn't aware they had the authority to send whatever they like.

I did receive the credit suisse 5 gram bar however lol. >>

I'd take the Pamp over the Credit Suisse anyday ... you did good.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make it a point not to order from their random lots. I like to know what I'm going to get.
  • Options
    yes, I'm happy with the pamp, Just thought I should get what I ordered. I would have been ticked if I had received A-mark or similiar bars.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd take the Pamp over the Credit Suisse anyday ... you did good. >>

Why? Is one better than the other?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    A-Mark, Englehard, JM, Pamp, etc. to me it's all Silver.
  • Options
    Well, to others some are woth $15/oz and others are worth $50 oz. Have some you want to sell me? I'll pay $20/oz for credit suisse or pamp suisse and many others. I'll send you a list if you like.
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>Well, to others some are woth $15/oz and others are worth $50 oz. Have some you want to sell me? I'll pay $20/oz for credit suisse or pamp suisse and many others. I'll send you a list if you like. >>

I know what you're saying, some people collect bars and I have a few I'll never sell but if it comes from a reputable company I consider it all good Silver.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would make some people scared to order from Apmex because you didn't receive what you ordered though!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Is there some type of a problem with A-mark bars?
    On the 16th I ordered ten 10 oz A-mark from Apmex.
    I just wanted a little more silver bullion.
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Amarks are good. Cars is talking about some very collectible bullion which fetch a premium on ebay.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>Is there some type of a problem with A-mark bars?
    On the 16th I ordered ten 10 oz A-mark from Apmex.
    I just wanted a little more silver bullion. >>

Nothing wrong with A-mark bars at all. I had placed an order for Credit suisse 1 oz bars and Johnson Matthey/engelhard 5 oz bars. These bars sell quite a bit higher, 50%-100% higher than A-mark bars b/c they have collectible value as well as the silver content. A-mark bars are just bullion unless they are USVI ingots.
    Its all relative