Home U.S. Coin Forum

Unbelievable....you may want to block this guy.......UPDATE 4/23/09 in first post...WE WIN

13»

Comments

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    101!

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• << <i>101! >>

Whoop-dee-do! image
  • TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>With the auctions I have up they will get the rest in a couple days, there is nothing I can do about that , I'm just working on getting this low life and getting my $$$ back. >>

You could close and cancel all your outstanding auctions so that no new money comes in. >>

Most of us like new money coming in. You don't cut off your nose to spite your face. --Jerry >>

The problem being, that the new money coming in goes directly to the paypal claim of this scammer.
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!
  • TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tavern Treasures: "I wonder if the silver value of these 61 ASE's went down significantly since they were bought in May of 2008? "

Of course it has. Silver was about $7/oz. higher in May of 2008 than it is right now. But the present premium on 1 oz. A.S.E.'s narrows that difference by a substantial amount. That does not justify the scam being attempted here regardless. >>

I agree it doesnt justify the scam. And if the scammer does return the 61 ASE's and gets his money back. He is getting it back at the silver rate of May 2008. He has cut his silver loss and put it onto the OP.
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theft by deception

HE>I

• coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree it doesnt justify the scam. And if the scammer does return the 61 ASE's and gets his money back. He is getting it back at the silver rate of May 2008. He has cut his silver loss and put it onto the OP. >>

Maybe I misread the OP, but I don't believe the buyer is returning anything at all, is he? He's keeping the merchandise *and* getting his money back. At least that's the way I interpreted it.

If the buyer is returning the merchandise (which is what is normally required with SNAD) then the seller is only out the difference between the price sold and the cuurent value, which isn't as bad, but I don't believe the credit card company is making him return the merchandise.

A "not as described" claim on bullion is just beyond stupid IMO, unless it's fake/plated.

My read on this situation is outright theft.
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    This is so transparently BOGUS!
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Paypal screwed me the same way for a 7+ month old transaction.

Seems the only way of protecting yourself (absent getting a lawyer) is to have multiple accounts you use for PayPal (although that can get quite cumbersome).
  • YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>theft by deception >>

Theft By Reception.image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Paypal screwed me the same way for a 7+ month old transaction.

Seems the only way of protecting yourself (absent getting a lawyer) is to have multiple accounts you use for PayPal (although that can get quite cumbersome). >>

BINGO, have at least two of everything.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• SUMORADA, how did it play out for you? I hope you received your money back.
  • I like the idea of clearing the Paypal account daily into checking account A... then moving it to checking account B.

Just make sure A+B are not linked by the same bank as one may be used to offset the other...

I just set it up this way. Checking account A has $50. ATM Cash out and either spend it, deposit it into another bank, or use it to fund my great obsessive Star note and Wisconsin quarter search.
  • SUMORADA, how did it play out for you? I hope you received your money back.

The jury is still out......

• Update in the first post..........2/10/09
  • Have you been able to make any contact with the buyer?
  • RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The consensus here is that the buyer is a scammer. I agree with that conclusion. The only way to get him to return the silver, or drop the SNAD claim, is to hit him with so much legal stuff that he finds that it is better for him to return the silver or drop the claim, than put up with all of the legal stuff. So you need to hit him with everything you have, including filing a crime report with his local police department, filing a mail fraud claim with the postal service, filing all of the complaints listed by Commoncents123, etc. You absolutely need to make it more of a pain to deal with all of these complaints and other actions, than to return the silver or the money. Otherwise the scammer will do nothing. Hit him as hard as you can! Good luck!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a hoot if the party that instituted the chargeback had a lot of similar problems when that party was selling on Ebay.

Just a fleeting thought....... image
    Have a nice day
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    some credit card companies trying to get their money back from delinquent accounts tell the cardholder to do this

(we don't care if you commit fraud if we get our dollars back)

• 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i remember you selling these as the "leftovers" from the 08/07 hype.

i sure hope it works out

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>some credit card companies trying to get their money back from delinquent accounts tell the cardholder to do this

(we don't care if you commit fraud if we get our dollars back) >>

exactly ... I believe PayPal could refuse the charge-back because of the elapsted time frame (180 days) to initiate a charge back, and they would be on solid ground. ( reg cc ... FDIC )
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • some credit card companies trying to get their money back from delinquent accounts tell the cardholder to do this

exactly ... I believe PayPal could refuse the charge-back because of the elapsted time frame (180 days) to initiate a charge back, and they would be on solid ground. ( reg cc ... FDIC )

I have been trying not to think about this because it really pisses me off, what this clown is doing is so obvious that it makes me wanna scream,
    they took my money and my silver.......and the only thing I can do is hope that paypal wakes up...soon!

25.95 x 61.00 is what they cost......1582.95
    paypal took 1460.00........................1460.00
    -------------
    $ 3042.00
    Then I shipped them insured for free..............................

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>some credit card companies trying to get their money back from delinquent accounts tell the cardholder to do this

I have been trying not to think about this because it really pisses me off, what this clown is doing is so obvious that it makes me wanna scream,
    they took my money and my silver.......and the only thing I can do is hope that paypal wakes up...soon!

25.95 x 61.00 is what they cost......1582.95
    paypal took 1460.00........................1460.00
    -------------
    $ 3042.00
    Then I shipped them insured for free..............................

image >>

I guess they would not feel bad if you did it back to them, right? Maybe you would get your own coins back! image
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news?
  • Any news?

I received all of the shipping documents from the uspo this past week that prove the items were delivered and forwarded them to paypal,
    they replied that it could take up to (75) days before I get an answer.......
  • SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

Btt ..........update in first post....................we won image
  • Way to go. You never gave up. image
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭
    image...........Good news for a change from PP........Now, you need to be paid in some way for the time and trouble . File some complaints and have this investigated by "others".
  • SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

I just checked my paypal account.......got the $$$$$$$$ and withdrew the $$$$$$$$$$$$ image
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news! I wonder how many more chargebacks are blowing up in this guy's face.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good news! I wonder how many more chargebacks are blowing up in this guy's face. >>

How many chargebacks can a customer do before his CC company kicks his ass OUT. It costs the CC plenty to defend this nuisance crap.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Great news! PP still sucks though!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats... I had a chargeback that should have been open and shut (my evidence was a postmarked/signed copy of the package and contents I received in a return (silver, not platinum) and PayPal wouldn't even plead my case...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had any doubt that you would win. The credit card company was in violation of Reg cc by initiating this claim after the 180 day period to file a claim had expired.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Eric!!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, persistence is a good thing. image
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent news!
  • lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    Hey Congrats on getting your money back after 4 months of hassle. What a joke.
    At least they came to the right conclusion this time!

Why does it take 4 months to investigate this crap though? Seems pretty cut and dried to me.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • I am so happy for you. There really is justice in this crazy world once in awhile!
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Congrats on getting your money back after 4 months of hassle. What a joke.
    At least they came to the right conclusion this time!

Why does it take 4 months to investigate this crap though? Seems pretty cut and dried to me. >>

Saving his Receipt would have helped by one month.

I save all mine.

• anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!

Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 for the good guys. i thant E-bay should do it just like all the auction house that I go to " where is as is " pay and go away no if what of buts you bid you pay it's yours.

Hoard the keys.
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric - good job of persevering with that turd. I hope he lost at least $500 on the deal, but my instincts tell me that those A.S.E.'s were sold the day after he received them. And IMHO, PayPIG should compensate you with fair market interest on the principal that they tied up for all of these months.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file