Home Precious Metals
Options

Dow, Gold, Silver price on 12/31/09....Yeah another prediction thread

What's your guess for 12/31/09........Numbers only please......no long winded BS please...

12/31/09:

Gold: $925
Silver: 14.75
Dow: 11,575

I will bring thread back after each quarter......

edit for spelling

Comments

• Options
    Gold: $1215.00
    Silver: $16.22
    Dow: $5800
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    Gold $745
    Silver $8.25
    Dow 7955

• Options
    For the archive, the 2008 closes: $881 gold, $11.40 silver, 8786 Dow.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold $1027
    Silver $15.40
    Dow 8240
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Gold $900
    Silver $13
    Dow 7800
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gold $1125
    silver $18.75
    Dow 7350

roadrunner

MX-1 and M.E-1, AS chart on MSI

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Gold; 911

Silver; 11.15

WOD; 7210
    Pecunia in arbotis non crescit.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    Au 667.38
    Ag 6.23
    Dow 7135

DILLIGAF
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict gold, silver and the dow will have 30% trades during 2009. Another great year to be nimble and a trader.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    gold: 625
    silver: 6.25
    dow: 6250
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold 1325
    Silver 24
    Dow 6800
  • Options

<< <i>Gold 1325
    Silver 24
    Dow 6800 >>

I'm with you
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>Gold 1325
    Silver 24
    Dow 6800 >>

Here's why:

No one knows what BHO, Madam Pelosi, Prince Harry Reid will do during their first 100 days. I don't think even Barry knows what he will do. He doesn't know who he is. Look at the cabinet picks. The uber-libs are furious with him. The conservatives are scratching their heads.

Also, I would like to add some other possible factors: Gaza/Israel/Iran, California and other states go bankrupt, Auto Makers bankrupt, the Russia and China connection, Putin's ego, realization Treasuries aren't safe, Pakistan-India-Nukes, a few more trillion $'s printed, BHO's green-shirts lead by RFK Jr., Hillary Clinton, US soil terrorist attack, Biden speaks, civil unrest...

After last year predicting a benign gain or loss seems wishful thinking. I think 2009 will be as volatile as 2008. The difference will be 2009 will affect the common man...2008 affected Wall Street and investors.

Dow 6800 is only after a huge sell off in March or August. Today's action above 9,000 will probably continue higher "hoping" for "change." When reality sets in..."gut nacht Marie."

Renimage
  • Options
    Gold: $ 1433.00
    Silver: $ 22.80
    Dow: 9744
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon you lurkers.......come out from the shadows and let your feelings flyimage
  • Options

<< <i>C'mon you lurkers.......come out from the shadows and let your feelings flyimage >>

that would mean long winded BS, though

• Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Gold: $1275
    Silver: $21
    Dow: 11,000

Inflation due to the increase of the money supply should start to be evident this year if the present course is continued.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    gold around $1200, silver $25, and the Dow mid-6000ish during the year.
  • Options

<< <i>Gold: $1275

Inflation due to the increase of the money supply should start to be evident this year if the present course is continued. >>

i am on the wagon now that believes money supply has zilch to do with the price of gold, you need higher interest rates to REFLECT the increase in money DEMAND, right now that is not happening.
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Combine decreasing real GDP with ever increasing money supply result is inflation. Dollar loses buying power for all products domestic or imported.
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    Gold $845
    Silver $10.50
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    I want to play. I have many powers, but none with predicting the future.

Gold: 963.
    Silver: 12.25
    Dow: 7909
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon you lurkers.......come out from the shadows and let your feelings fly image

Okay, I'm a lurker over here occasionally image

Here's my WAG, with plenty of volatility in between

Gold 985
    Silver 12.65
    Dow 9920

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    Well based on my many years of experience prognosticating price moves, it appears that gold should be moving up soon. Unless of course it corrects and then the trend will clearly indicate downward action taking place. If it hits the resistance points then the trend should reverse to the upside or is that the downside where it will consolidate before reversing. Now if the upside is interrupted before it can complete then the price may make a lateral move sideways until it can consolidate. At that time we can expect a signfiicant breakout move.

You can get more detail if you subscribe to my newsletter, FOOLUWEDO for only 19.95.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold -- $903
    Silver -- $12.05
    Dow -- 9,248
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    Gold: $1350
    Silver:$25
    Dow: 7900, I think the Dow peaks sometime in March-April at roughly 10,500 then sells off with a bottom in October around 6,000.
  • Options
    gold: $1075
    silver: $32
    dow: 8250
    what does the winner receive?

I prefer quiet scholar to lurker, thank you
  • Options
    Half the year is gone.......check out your guesses.......
  • Options
    I wouldn't change a thing....image

roadrunner
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    My crystal ball doesn't appear like it was working that day, but then again, there's still 5 months left!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't post a prediction, because I had no clue - and I still don't.

How could I go against the grain vs. all those really smart people running Washington who say that we've turned the corner and that things are getting better, a little bit at a time?

Dec. 31st close, I say:

Gold - $1,185.00

Silver - $16.45

Platinum - $1,325.00

Dow - 10,016
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I normally don't like prediction threads a year out other than to say higher or lower. But, I figure we can all make educated guesses on what we think the most probable trend is. So I found a french curve chart on the Kitco gold forum that one of the more accurate sooth-sayers had posted and extended it out to Dec. 2009. The numbers seemed reasonable and that was that. The DOW number I pulled out of my you know what.

roadrunner
  • Options
    I predict gold, silver and the dow will have 30% trades during 2009. Another great year to be nimble and a trader,

We'll so far we've gotten two 30% moves in the DOW. Three 30+% moves in silver and only a 25% move in gold. Come on gold, get 'er in gear!!

Since gold has closed higher the last 8 years, I think it entirely possible it closes lower this year. That would imply at least a $70-80 drop from here.

If it closes higher this year, then that makes 2010 an even better bet for a down year. Me thinks a down year in 2009, would be preferable to a down year in 2010.

• Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

> If it closes higher this year, then that makes 2010 an even better bet for a down year

Being a believer in hats and rabbits, I wouldn't be so bold as to predict anything but it does make sense our current reigning powers in D.C. will try to have everything looking nice and tidy pre 2010 mid term elections = stable boring gold $
  • Options
    Gold $540. Silver $5.08
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    Since gold has closed higher the last 8 years, I think it entirely possible it closes lower this year. That would imply at least a $70-80 drop from here.

If it closes higher this year, then that makes 2010 an even better bet for a down year. Me thinks a down year in 2009, would be preferable to a down year in 2010.

It's actually been a pretty well-managed rise because of the FED/Treasury/Banks. If not for that we'd have already hit $1500-$2000 and the correction would have ended the 8 yr streak back in 2006-2008. The 25 years of manipulating the gold price downwards throws a big wrench into the equation. I doubt we'll see a down year for 2010 because 2009 probably won't be all that much higher than it is today (ie $882-$1250). 2010 will blow that away for sure. I would look towards the 2011 for the first possible chance to break the then "10 year streak." Manipulation ends badly, just like it did for the London Gold Pool from 1961-1968 when the top 10 or so economic powers finally threw in the towel of trying to keep gold weak and the dollar strong. Once gold was let to float in 1971 it was all over. I don't see any differences from here once the paper boys lose their cellulose grip and the some sheeple/investors finally figure out that alternatives to fiat are a good place to be. Its one think for a market to have 30 manipulators playing it. It's a different story when only 2 or 3 insolvent banks are the manipulators. Besides, the banks gave it their best paper shot in the 2nd half of 2008 and still couldn't keep gold from coming back and setting an end of year price record. Remember that massive increases in July 2008 when they increased paper shorts by factors of up to 6X on silver and gold just days/weeks before they crashed it? How much more paper are they gonna toss at it in the next few months to make a difference this time? Who's gonna give up their physical when/if they stage a repeat tantrum?

roadrunner
  • Options
    Oopps.....two weeks late but the 3rd quarter is over.......how's everyone doing?? The Dow haters are taking a beating!!!
  • Options
    I'll wait until Dec 30 to post my prediction. image
  • Options
    gold $1125
    silver $18.75
    Dow 7350

I think I'm still in the thick of it for gold and silver, but my Dow number is bailing water. I doubt very much that the Dow pulls back that far by end of year. There is a still a strong 10 year cycle peaking this year that is helping to propel stocks. It should end only stronger.

And it sure looks like gold will close higher for a 9th year in a row. And once again Gold will probably stay higher than Google (lol).

The bullish numbers have far outnumbered the bearish ones in this poll. So far it looks like the crowd has been getting it right.

roadrunner
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    gold $1020
    Silver $17.80
    Dow 8900
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Gold 1325
    Silver 24
    Dow 6800 >>

Here's why:

No one knows what BHO, Madam Pelosi, Prince Harry Reid will do during their first 100 days. I don't think even Barry knows what he will do. He doesn't know who he is. Look at the cabinet picks. The uber-libs are furious with him. The conservatives are scratching their heads.

Also, I would like to add some other possible factors: Gaza/Israel/Iran, California and other states go bankrupt, Auto Makers bankrupt, the Russia and China connection, Putin's ego, realization Treasuries aren't safe, Pakistan-India-Nukes, a few more trillion $'s printed, BHO's green-shirts lead by RFK Jr., Hillary Clinton, US soil terrorist attack, Biden speaks, civil unrest...

After last year predicting a benign gain or loss seems wishful thinking. I think 2009 will be as volatile as 2008. The difference will be 2009 will affect the common man...2008 affected Wall Street and investors.

Dow 6800 is only after a huge sell off in March or August. Today's action above 9,000 will probably continue higher "hoping" for "change." When reality sets in..."gut nacht Marie."

Renimage >>

Don't forget the world is running to the doors to get away from the dollar while Washington fiddles. It is a sorry state, but I have to agree with you.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    Happy New Year!! How'd you do with your predictions?? Some Dow Haters really missed the Boat! Thanks for playing everyone.....

Dow 12/31/09- 10,428
    Gold 1090
    Silver 16.78

• Options
    Calling these numbers from back in January was taking a leap of faith back when gold was still in the mid-$800's.

At $1125 gold and $18.75 silver I came within a few weeks of hitting those targets. Like most everyone else my Dow number of 7350 was out to lunch. But I did good on the two we spend more time on. I assumed a gold to silver ratio of 60 but we ended up at 65 which made me about 10% too high on silver.

With gold closing at under $1100 it marks the 9th consecutive year of closing out higher and leaves room for 2010 to build back up towards that $1300+ figure. At this point I don't see how 2010 won't close higher still vs. 2009 as gold still has to make up ground to published CPI inflation figures from 1980.

roadrunner
  • Options

<< <i>Gold 1325
    Silver 24
    Dow 6800 >>

I was way off, good thing I kept my day job. image
  • Options
    My 6800 in March (or August) was close though.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Inflation due to the increase of the money supply should start to be evident this year if the present course is continued. >>

Wow. Not bad for January 3rd, 2009!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats! This prediction is pretty close.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

<< <i>I predict gold, silver and the dow will have 30% trades during 2009. Another great year to be nimble and a trader.image >>

Turned out to be a better buy and hold market at least for the last 1/2 of the year. All moved at least 30% though. image

Probably look for 1/2 those returns--if lucky--in 2010.

• Options

Looks like the best of the prognosticators, except for the inflation prediction.image

This is Walmanns prediction by the way.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I trust that all of you have a regular paying daytime jobs, because as fortune tellers you stink.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."