J.R.
Needs'
1972 Football-9's high#'s
1965 Football-8's
1958 Topps FB-7-8

Comments

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    uh oh...do you have a scan?

tread softly if you are looking to buy...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    Already bought,waiting for mailman.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    J.R.

PSA 9 Pop on the Fleer Legacy Pujols is:

102 Albert Pujols 31 PSA 9's of 59 Graded
    102 Albert Pujols Ultimate Legacy 6 PSA 9's of 24 Graded
    102 Albert Pujols Autograph 39 PSA 9's of 55 Graded
    Thanks scott,picked up the legacy.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
    what number is it?

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Please post a scan of that card if you dont mind!

<< <i>Please post a scan of that card if you dont mind! >>

Don't have it yet.

#331/799
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8

• << <i>

<< <i>Please post a scan of that card if you dont mind! >>

Don't have it yet.

#331/799 >>

I'm sorry to inform you, but that is another one of the worthless forgeries. I would try to get a refund if I were you.
    Is it now,how can you tell?
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8

• << <i>Is it now,how can you tell? >>

The signature is a forgery on the one you purchased. There are many of those forgeries out there.

Here is a legit/authentic Pujols signed Legacy card.

already left feedback...

if I learned only one thing from this board...

it is the fakes of this rookie card...

sorry to hear this...

- uncut

Is that one yours?Why would psa pass it,I thought thats what
    we paid our money for,take the guess work out of it.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it now,how can you tell? >>

The signature is a forgery on the one you purchased. There are many of those forgeries out there..... >>

He asked how can you tell.
    I actually did not buy it yet,my buddy called me and told me about it,
    I told him throw a bid on it for me,when i got home he sent me an email saying i won.
    I will see him at his shop saturday,check it out then.Thanks

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
    Still would like to hear your opinion on how it's a fake?
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it now,how can you tell? >>

The signature is a forgery on the one you purchased. There are many of those forgeries out there..... >>

He asked how can you tell. >>

And I told him because the sig is a forgery. It's very obvious to anyone who knows Pujols authentic signature. I even provided the example of an authentic one to help him out.

I know, you can't resist everytime you get a chance to stir the pot with me a little bit. I would expect nothing less.

so what you are saying is...

You do not know whether or not the auto is real based on the serial number (without seeing the card)...

"You" only know if "you" see the card and make your own personal judgement...

- uncut

• << <i>Still would like to hear your opinion on how it's a fake? >>

I guarantee you that it is a forgery. If you send it for PSA/DNA authentication/certification, it will fail.

PSA authenticated/slabbed/graded these cards before they found out that many blank copies got out and were forged after Fleer went bankrupt. PSA assumed they were all real, but found out differently later on.

<< <i>so what you are saying is...

You do not know whether or not the auto is real based on the serial number (without seeing the card)...

"You" only know if "you" see the card and make your own personal judgement... >>

If this question is for me,no it doesn't matter if
    I see it or not,I just figured being slabbed by psa was good enough for me.
    I did not know the story behind all these fake slabbed auto's.
    If you know something more,I would love to hear it,thanks.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    JR, your friend owns a card shop who sold this card on ebay?

the way you worded it is that your friend (the seller) also bid on it for you... I hope not with a shill account.
    Maybe I am confused.

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

<< <i>And I told him because the sig is a forgery. It's very obvious to anyone who knows Pujols authentic signature. I even provided the example of an authentic one to help him out....... >>

Stop avoiding the goddamn question.

<< <i>

<< <i>so what you are saying is...

"You" only know if "you" see the card and make your own personal judgement... >>

If this question is for me,no it doesn't matter if
    I see it or not,I just figured being slabbed by psa was good enough for me.
    I did not know the story behind all these fake slabbed auto's.
    If you know something more,I would love to hear it,thanks.

J.R. >>

Sorry should have been a little clearer...

directed to STMM

- uncut

<< <i>JR, your friend owns a card shop who sold this card on ebay?

the way you worded it is that your friend (the seller) also bid on it for you... I hope not with a shill account.
    Maybe I am confused.

John >>

John,

My friend owns a card shop here locally,he called me and told me about the card,
    I asked him to throw a bid on it for me,he then emailed me later on and told me it was mine,I won.
    I called him today and he told me to come by and pick it up,I told him i would be there saturday,like always.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

This card has been discussed a bunch on here and people are well aware of a lot of fakes out there yet the OP seems to not give a damn. image

• << <i>

<< <i>And I told him because the sig is a forgery. It's very obvious to anyone who knows Pujols authentic signature. I even provided the example of an authentic one to help him out....... >>

Stop avoiding the goddamn question. >>

First off, that language is not appropriate on a message forum. If you want to talk like a fool, do it towards your own family. Go talk like that to your wife and kids and see what they think of it.

The card the op bought has a forged/fake Pujols signature on it. Period....

I will lay down a $1000 guarantee on it, that it WILL FAIL PSA/DNA authentication. You want take me up on it?

<< <i>This card has been discussed a bunch on here and people are well aware of a lot of fakes out there yet the OP seems to not give a damn. image >>

Who doesn't give a damn?Who are you again?I asked for a pop. report
    then got news it could be a fake,I'm asking if other's can help that would be great.
    No need to be confused.
    Scott,
    Thanks for the info.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8

• << <i>so what you are saying is...

Yep, the serial number means nothing on these cards, since they were not sequentially # signed. There is no serial number pattern to base whether the sig is legit or not. But... anyone that knows Pujols authentic sig can pick them out fairly easy. I know JSA OR PSA/DNA will not pass the copy the op purchased, since it is a forgery.
    thanks for that info...

I thought I was noticing all the cards under #249 seemed legit ...but I guess not...

- uncut

• Despite the icon on my username, I have nothing against Pujols or the Cardinals, just liked the Icon. With that being said, As a completely unbiased bistandard, these Pujols forgeries are actually pretty easy to spot. The forged signatures aren't even close to those on the real Fleer cards, as well if you in doing a quick comparison on the Bowman Chrome Auto or SP Chirography, The signatures are not even similar.

• << <i>thanks for that info...

I thought I was noticing all the cards under #249 seemed legit ...but I guess not... >>

You're welcome.

Yeah, evidentally, they just sent Pujols a bundle of random numbers, enough to meet the redemptions that they needed filled. There are not many legit copies out there. I doubt if there are more than 40-50 authentic signed examples, imho. A great looking card, if a person can find one that is authentic.
    smart people: So, how do you know its a fake auto?
    stan: because I know.
    smart people: No, really, how do you know?

Not speaking about the specific characteristics of the auto that leads to you believing it may be a fake makes you sound dumb. You cant just keep repeating "because I know" and expect to be taken seriously. Also, if you don't like the goddamn words i type then don't read them.

• << <i>smart people: So, how do you know its a fake auto?
    smart people: No, really, how do you know?

Not speaking about the specific characteristics of the auto that leads to you believing it may be a fake makes you sound dumb. You cant just keep repeating "because I know" and expect to be taken seriously. Also, if you don't like the goddamn words i type then don't read them. >>

Just keep on trying to stir the pot. The more you talk, the bigger the fool you appear to be.

You wanna take me up on the $1000 offer? If not, then you need to shut your mouth, nam. After a while, you would think this childish garbage from you would stop. I don't go into posts behind you, and troll around, so why must you continue this with me? I never reply to any of your posts, except when you pop off at me.

The op and I are on the same page. I replied to this thread to help him out. He appreciated the help, and we discussed even further outside of this thread(not that it's any of your business).

All you done was come in and try to troll around and instigate something with me once again. You done nothing to help goraiders. I came into this thread with sincere interest in helping the guy not get ripped off. Far better intentions that what you wanted to do in this thread.

Like I said, go talk to your kid or wife like that, and ask them if they like that tone and mannerism.
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    To answer Nick's question, the fake auto just doesn't look right. It's too big on the card, and everything is a little too "swoopy" and clear. I've seen quite a few certified Pujols autos in my time, and the alleged fakes never do look right to me. To try to put it in layman's terms, Pujols probably spent under 2 seconds signing each card. The fakes look like someone took their time (5 seconds or so?) and tried to get the general characteristics all in there. Compare the "A" in each auto. The fake just doesn't look like the way he normally signs it.

<< <i>To answer Nick's question, the fake auto just doesn't look right. It's too big on the card, and everything is a little too "swoopy" and clear. I've seen quite a few certified Pujols autos in my time, and the alleged fakes never do look right to me. To try to put it in layman's terms, Pujols probably spent under 2 seconds signing each card. The fakes look like someone took their time (5 seconds or so?) and tried to get the general characteristics all in there. Compare the "A" in each auto. The fake just doesn't look like the way he normally signs it. >>

Thanks for not saying "because I know" Jeff. Your response is clearly how a smart person would answer, and I really appreciate it.

• << <i>

<< <i>To answer Nick's question, the fake auto just doesn't look right. It's too big on the card, and everything is a little too "swoopy" and clear. I've seen quite a few certified Pujols autos in my time, and the alleged fakes never do look right to me. To try to put it in layman's terms, Pujols probably spent under 2 seconds signing each card. The fakes look like someone took their time (5 seconds or so?) and tried to get the general characteristics all in there. Compare the "A" in each auto. The fake just doesn't look like the way he normally signs it. >>

Thanks for not saying "because I know" Jeff. Your response is clearly how a smart person would answer, and I really appreciate it. >>

Now, you think you are the judge of who is smart and who is not, just because I did not go into fine detail as to why it was a forgery? Wow, what an idiot..

JFYI, I have obtained Pujols' sig in person my fair share times over the last 8 years, whether in person at the ballpark, or when I do/have done volunteer work for The Pujols Family Foundation events over the last 2+ years. Not to mention, I have every major autographed Pujols rookie card from 2001 in my personal collection. I know Pujols' sig about as well as anyone on this forum.

And for the record, there is not one member of this forum who can say I ever steered them wrong when I told them a sig was bad. I don't pass out opinions unless I am sure as to what I am saying on autographs. I have helped many people of this forum from being ripped off. A few have doubted my opinions and sent them to PSA anyway, only to find out I was accurate with my opinion, and that they wasted money on authentication fees for something that was bad. Some have emailed or pm'ed me to admit this.

I just want to help people if I can. I don't make a dime from it, nor do I expect anything in return. I thought that was part of what this place was for(to help fellow collectors). Maybe you can just stop the ignorance, nam, so we can both co-exist on this forum. The trolling or picking to see what can be stirred up between us is beyond old. If you leave me alone, I will never say a word to you. It's that simple.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks for not saying "because I know" Jeff. Your response is clearly how a smart person would answer, and I really appreciate it. >>

Now, you think you are the judge of who is smart and who is not, just because I did not go into fine detail as to why it was a forgery? Wow, what an idiot..

JFYI, I have obtained Pujols' sig in person my fair share times over the last 8 years, whether in person at the ballpark, or when I do/have done volunteer work for The Pujols Family Foundation events over the last 2+ years. Not to mention, I have every major autographed Pujols rookie card from 2001 in my personal collection. I know Pujols' sig about as well as anyone on this forum.

And for the record, there is not one member of this forum who can say I ever steered them wrong when I told them a sig was bad. I don't pass out opinions unless I am sure as to what I am saying on autographs. I have helped many people of this forum from being ripped off. A few have doubted my opinions and sent them to PSA anyway, only to find out I was accurate with my opinion, and that they wasted money on authentication fees for something that was bad. Some have emailed or pm'ed me to admit this.

I just want to help people if I can. I don't make a dime from it, nor do I expect anything in return. I thought that was part of what this place was for(to help fellow collectors). Maybe you can just stop the ignorance, nam, so we can both co-exist on this forum. The trolling or picking to see what can be stirred up between us is beyond old. If you leave me alone, I will never say a word to you. It's that simple. >>

Just to muddy the watters, STMFMan has a point about the fake Pujols autos, and IMHO, is correct. I just wanted to state my opinion on his sig style.

CHICHEN SOOP FTW

<< <i>.....I thought that was part of what this place was for(to help fellow collectors)....... >>

It is exactly what this place is for, but you didn't help. Why should the OP should just take your "so called" word for it? I'll put it in the same way for you like I would for a child to understand.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

You chose to give the OP a fish instead of teaching him how to fish for himself. Why leave him to be ever dependent on your "so called" expertise? The short answer - because you have none.

Edited to fix the quote.

• << <i>

<< <i>.....I thought that was part of what this place was for(to help fellow collectors)....... >>

It is exactly what this place is for, but you didn't help. Why should the OP should just take your "so called" word for it? I'll put it in the same way for you like I would for a child to understand.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

You chose to give the OP a fish instead of teaching him how to fish for himself. Why leave him to be ever dependent on your "so called" expertise? The short answer - because you have none.

Edited to fix the quote. >>

That is where you are completely wrong. I am more than qualified to give a sound opinion to the J.R.. I understand, because you just want to continue to be a jerk towards me. I guess that is just how it will stay, since you can't just stop the vendetta, and make the effort to get along.

I am not going to teach someone how to spot a forgery, because this is not the place to do such. Besides, there is more than a 5 minute explanation involved in the process. Some folks can be told, and they say they still can't tell the difference between a forgery and an authentic signature. It's not something everyone can pick up on. We all have different abilities in life. What I can do is provide the examples of what is legit, and what is not. I done exactly that for J.R. in this thread, to help him.

I have had several people in this thread say I was accurate, so it only makes you looks even more silly to say I have no expertise. Obviously, I do know what I am talking about, whether you want to swallow it or not. Besides, what have you offered up in this thread? You didn't want to help anyone, you just wanted to pick at me, to see if you could stir up a response.

<< <i>.....I am not going to teach someone how to spot a forgery...... >>

That's what I thought, and that was my reason for posting in this thread. Those 12 words you said right there just got my 2009 off to a great start.

In your defense I will say that this is the internet, so you can pretend to be anything you want I guess.

• << <i>

<< <i>.....I am not going to teach someone how to spot a forgery...... >>

That's what I thought, and that was my reason for posting in this thread. Those 12 words you said right there just got my 2009 off to a great start.

In your defense I will say that this is the internet, so you can pretend to be anything you want I guess. >>

Once again, you're the moron that twists a person's words to come up with some crock of bull.

The only reason you posted in this thread was to start trouble. That is what you live for.

My $1000 offer stands. Are you willing to put your money where your big mouth is?

Does God still like you when you call people names?

Only $1,000 cheapo, this is the internet, lets make it a bajillion dollars. image
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Give STM a break, he has a problem answering simple questions.

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>Give STM a break, he has a problem answering simple questions.

Steve >>

Or maybe you have a problem reading exactly what I said? I thought we had put this to rest already? Guess not..
    Seems like I'm not the only one.

I think you need to take a course in communications.

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>Seems like I'm not the only one.

I think you need to take a course in communications.

Steve >>

Steve,

Whatever you think. You failed to read the exact words I typed, and I even put it in bold black letters to make it as simple as pie. Maybe you need to take a course, if you can't read a statement that was that clear.

EDIT: spelling
    Actually, and for the 10th time in case it has yet to sink in your head I saw what you initially said.
    That was what made me ask the question! So ,instead of simply saying "YES" ANY CARD again, you
    decided to answer in a way that created only more questions.

Understand yet?

Steve
    Good for you.
    To be even more concise:

Had you simply answered: YES ANY CARD EVEN A WAGNER, the question would have been answered.

The problem here is you seem to think that you answered my question before i asked it!

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>Actually, and for the 10th time in case it has yet to sink in your head I saw what you initially said.
    That was what made me ask the question! So ,instead of simply saying "YES" ANY CARD again, you
    decided to answer in a way that created only more questions.

Understand yet?

Steve >>

And I said as clear a day:

<<I can submit a card of any value to BGS, and the charge is the same to grade it no matter what it is, and I don't have to pay any membership fees. That makes sense.>>

That quote above ^^ is the exact comment I stated. How can there be any question or confusion in such? Not sure how much more clear it could be laid out.