Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A little population help?Pujols auto

2»

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    lol you still don't get it. Yes it was clear as day, it was understood and digested. it was then that I asked my question.

lol surely you must now understand?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Forgive me for jumping into this mess, but StantheMan has helped me out on autographs. I'm not quite sure what he has to explain, why he has to explain it or if it's 100% possible to explain it. I do know if it was between him and anyone else and he told me an auto was fake, I'd go with him.
    I've asked him about an autograph that looked WAY off from one that was authenticated by PSA and he said without hesitation it was good. I thought the loops were too high, the letters looked different and he assured me it was okay, from a picture! I later found out that signature was also authenticated by PSA as well.
    I think he's an invaluable resource and I'm thankful he's given me his opinion, I value it greatly.
    Thanks again!
  • Options

<< <i>lol you still don't get it. Yes it was clear as day, it was understood and digested. it was then that I asked my question.

lol surely you must now understand?

Steve >>

I don't think you get it, or maybe you could not believe what I said was accurate, since PSA would not do the same thing with their grading fees? Also maybe the fact that you was not familiar with how BGS operates, might have added to your doubts/confusion?

<<I can submit a card of any value to BGS, and the charge is the same to grade it no matter what it is, and I don't have to pay any membership fees. That makes sense.>>

What is not clear with that statement ^^ , no matter in what order it was stated in that thread? Geez..
  • Options
    To not now want to understand, means you simply are being hard headed and frankly
    nothing I say will penetrate.

So in closing, yes what you said was clear, i guess I wanted CLARIFICATION, which many here (Including you)
    have asked for in the past. Instead of simply giving clarification you decided to answer in ways that made no sense
    if taken in context to your clear and bold statement.

Then again that seems to be a recurring theme in many of your posts.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mphilking No doubt he is.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Also maybe the fact that you was not familiar with how BGS operates, might have added to your doubts/confusion?

Bingo, and thus I asked my question so you could clarify, something you never did.

Yayyyyyyyyyyy You finally got it!!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Forgive me for jumping into this mess, but StantheMan has helped me out on autographs. I'm not quite sure what he has to explain, why he has to explain it or if it's 100% possible to explain it. I do know if it was between him and anyone else and he told me an auto was fake, I'd go with him.
    I've asked him about an autograph that looked WAY off from one that was authenticated by PSA and he said without hesitation it was good. I thought the loops were too high, the letters looked different and he assured me it was okay, from a picture! I later found out that signature was also authenticated by PSA as well.
    I think he's an invaluable resource and I'm thankful he's given me his opinion, I value it greatly.
    Thanks again! >>

I appreciate the support, Michael.

I have about 3 decades of autograph experience that I don't mind sharing to help members who need it. Free of charge. A certain few want to doubt the knowledge I have compiled over the years, simply based on some hard feelings, personal hatred, or vendettas that get in the way of them wanting to admit I might know what I am talking about. I don't know it all, and will never claim to, but I do know a great deal about baseball autographs. If I can help, I will do what I can. That's more than some of them contribute to this forum.

• Options
    Just don't ask him for clarification on any statement he makes.

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    A+ thread, would read again.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can submit a card of any value to BGS, and the charge is the same to grade it no matter what it is >>

Untrue

Jumbo cards submitted to BGS are charged an additional fee due to size. Therefore the charge is not the same to grade it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I can submit a card of any value to BGS, and the charge is the same to grade it no matter what it is >>

Untrue

Jumbo cards submitted to BGS are charged an additional fee due to size. Therefore the charge is not the same to grade it. >>

I was not talking about jumbo cards. Personally, I was talking about regular cards, and the fact that they did not have grading fees based solely on what a card was worth, unlike PSA. The jumbo holders is a fairly new thing for BGS, and they have their own price category. But, the same basic thing with them..... they grade for a fee based on turnaround times/size, and the cost of grading does not have anything to do with what the card is valued at.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Untrue

Jumbo cards submitted to BGS are charged an additional fee due to size. Therefore the charge is not the same to grade it. >>

I was not talking about jumbo cards. Personally, I was talking about regular cards, >>

That's fine but using the terms "card of any value" and "no matter what it is" means jumbo cards as well.

A jumbo card has value and is a card, making your statement untrue.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Untrue

I was not talking about jumbo cards. Personally, I was talking about regular cards, >>

That's fine but using the terms "card of any value" and "no matter what it is" means jumbo cards as well.

A jumbo card has value and is a card, making your statement untrue. >>

Point being that BGS does not charge a fee based on what the card is valued at, unlike PSA does. We can pinch words and such, but that was what I was getting at.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Untrue

Point being that BGS does not charge a fee based on what the card is valued at, unlike PSA does. We can pinch words and such, but that was what I was getting at. >>

You are correct about the fees based upon the cards value, they are the same. However, in regards to the other part of the statement :

<< <i>and the charge is the same to grade it no matter what it is >>

Again, that part is untrue. I am not pinching words here. I am pointing out what is false.

If the card is jumbo sized the fee is not the same. It is more.

Using the "no matter what it is" statement lumps every card ever made into your reasoning.

If you're gonna make such a bold statement to cover such a wide variety of cards, you need to get it right.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Untrue

Point being that BGS does not charge a fee based on what the card is valued at, unlike PSA does. We can pinch words and such, but that was what I was getting at. >>

You are correct about the fees based upon the cards value, they are the same. However, in regards to the other part of the statement :

<< <i>and the charge is the same to grade it no matter what it is >>

Again, that part is untrue. I am not pinching words here. I am pointing out what is false.

If the card is jumbo sized the fee is not the same. It is more.

Using the "no matter what it is" statement lumps every card ever made into your reasoning.

If you're gonna make such a bold statement to cover such a wide variety of cards, you need to get it right. >>

Yada, yada, yada.. I know what you are trying to do here. Some of you got a game going on behind the scenes via pms. I have been tipped off to it, so I am not going to play along. Just remember, the people on here you think you can trust, sometimes can't keep their mouth from leaking. image

I was talking about the card's actual value not affecting the price that BGS would charge to grade it, unlike with PSA, who charges grading fees based off of a card's value. That is all there is to it. No need to keep a juvenile issue a going, by pinching and pulling words to stir up something for no reason. I have clarified for the last time what I meant. Good day, sir.
  • Options

<< <i>I was talking about the card's actual value not affecting the price that BGS would charge to grade it, unlike with PSA, who charges grading fees based off of a card's value >>

That is all great and true what you said above. However to someone not knowing any better, going by your statment below, they would think any card no matter what the size would all be the same price if graded by BGS.

Do you not see that?

• Options
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    We can close this thread now, Fandango has spoken!