Home Precious Metals
Options

I watched Jimmy Grestell last night...!!!

I watched Jimmy last night and he said.."sell everything and buy gold"...
I mean every thing ..your house your dog your car he said .."live in a tent"..
He's a funny guy !!!...Good for a few laughs ...image
......Larry........image

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I watched Jimmy last night and he said.."sell everything and buy gold"...
    I mean every thing ..your house your dog your car he said .."live in a tent"..
    He's a funny guy !!!...Good for a few laughs ...image >>

I guess it's time to sell gold if he's hawking it...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    beacuse we are the only ones with any money left, they have to hawk to those who have some cash and aren't banks...image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched Jimmy last night and he said.."sell everything and buy gold"...I mean every thing ..your house your dog your car he said .."live in a tent".. He's a funny guy !!!...Good for a few laughs ...

Funny, but his advice is probably spot on. Gold will outperform your house, your dog, your car, your growth stocks, and most everything else going forward (except shorting stocks and currencies). In fact this advice was discussed at length here back in 2004 and some people actually did it (sold the home and bought silver and/or gold)...and made out very well. I knew it was the right move for me then as well (and still is) but I couldn't get past the inertia of packing up and moving somewhere. So I fact the facts that the house will drop in value 5-10% or more per year for a few years longer all the while taxes and maintenance costs far exceed a similar rental. Now Grestell doesn't seem so funny. Maybe he should he start a financial blog instead with his sound advice.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I watched Jimmy last night and he said.."sell everything and buy gold"...I mean every thing ..your house your dog your car he said .."live in a tent".. He's a funny guy !!!...Good for a few laughs ...

Funny, but his advice is probably spot on. Gold will outperform your house, your dog, your car, your growth stocks, and most everything else going forward (except shorting stocks and currencies). In fact this advice was discussed at length here back in 2004 and some people actually did it (sold the home and bought silver and/or gold)...and made out very well. I knew it was the right move for me then as well (and still is) but I couldn't get past the inertia of packing up and moving somewhere. So I fact the facts that the house will drop in value 5-10% or more per year for a few years longer all the while taxes and maintenance costs far exceed a similar rental. Now Grestell doesn't seem so funny. Maybe he should he start a financial blog instead with his sound advice.

roadrunner >>

<< <i>Maybe he should start a financial blog instead with his sound advice. >>

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    << I watched Jimmy Grestell last night...!!! >>

That is so sad
  • Options

<< <i><< I watched Jimmy Grestell last night...!!! >>

That is so sad >>

Everyone has a hero ya know..!!...image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    Isnt it Gerstel?
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I can understand selling the house the dog and the car.......

But what about the wife?????????image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can understand selling the house the dog and the car....... But what about the wife?????????image >>

What do you think you could get for her?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I can understand selling the house the dog and the car....... But what about the wife?????????image >>

What do you think you could get for her? >>

Depends...are we talking a 1 time payment for complete ownership, or am I renting her by the hour? (Thank god my wife doesnt read this stuffimage)
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I'm a gonna keep Mrs Bear. I seem to

be rather fond of her.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm a gonna keep Mrs Bear. I seem to

be rather fond of her.image >>

I'm guessing that she reads this forum. image