Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A Message from the President - Collecting Sports Legends

Hello All,

I hope all of you are enjoying the holidays with your family and friends.

I just wanted to give everyone an update on our book project - Collecting Sports Legends.

After a very lengthy delay, they are FINALLY here! They arrived today.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, these books were supposed to arrive several months ago and I cannot tell you how sorry I am for the ridiculous wait. The original print run was (in our opinion) of unacceptable quality so we had the entire order of books reprinted at another facility.

In case you are not aware, these books will be sent as a gift to anyone who signs up for the PSA Collector Club (this includes all of you who have renewed or signed up since this offer began in the summer).

Next week, in our e-newsletter, we will include a substantial story about the book and include several images so everyone can get a feel for what the book looks like.

Our staff, while frustrated with the delay, is very satisfied with the quality and excited to distribute them to our great customers. These books will begin shipping Monday of next week.

In addition to being sent to our CC members, the book will be available to the public through our publisher. The books will be available online and in books stores such as Barnes and Noble, etc.

We hope to raise awareness about our hobby and get current collectors to consider expanding their horizons.

Take care and thanks so much for your patience,

Joe Orlando
President
Joe Orlando
CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Joe !

I look forward to the book.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Joe. I'll be renewing my membership once I get paid next week image

Steve
  • Options
    hey Mr Orlando, dump the membership fee. You are losing MANY valued customers to BGS. No offense I do not want your book, or need the service of your "free" submissions. I just want to be able to submit my cards.
  • Options

<< <i>hey Mr Orlando, dump the membership fee. You are losing MANY valued customers to BGS. No offense I do not want your book, or need the service of your "free" submissions. I just want to be able to submit my cards. >>

Pay your membership fee's, use the free submissions to off set that fee and then you will be able to submit your cards. I really don't think they care what you want or think. You probably don't/won't submit any cards anyway, just want to P*** and M*** about something, beings there aren't any group rips to cry about getting shut on. JMIO.
  • Options
    Thanks Joe and ignore skilow. He's a moron that only posts if he has something to complain about. What do you expect? He's a stillers fan.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    Thanks Joe!

Merry Christmas to you and your family,

PoppaJ
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    He's a stillers fan

whats wrong with the stillers.??? I enjoyed something about Mary... " what the hell is Brett Favre doing here"???
    and Jerry stiller was great on Seinfeld and King of Queens..

Merry Christmas to all.. look forward to the book
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Merry Christmas Joe and thanks for a great site!

Kevin
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I don't think PSA should have a membership fee. Does that make me an moron too?
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Skilow has a very good point. Personally, I just can't see paying a membership fee to have someone grade my stuff. They are already going to make money when they earn my business, so I don't see any reason/need to pay a membership fee.

I'm not the biggest fan of Beckett the company, but they have received plenty of hobbyists money/business due to PSA having a membership fee in order to have cards graded, since BGS will grade your cards, and not make you pay to be a member of anything. I know right now I have between 400-500 additional cards that need slabbed, and if PSA did not have the membership fees, they would have already been slabbed in PSA holders. Instead, they are sitting raw, and will stay that way, unless PSA re-thinks the idea of a membership fee.

• Options
    when psa is grading cards at $5 as a monthly special and you are saving $3 or so per card and grading 100 cards then you are saving $300 on that submission alone. if one is a regular submitter to psa and takes advantages of the monthly specials then the membership fee is well worth the price.

plus, when it comes time to sell, your psa graded cards are almost always going to out sell your sgc or bvg graded cards. save a few dollars today using other grading companies and lose hundreds years or months from now when it's time to sell.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, I don't think PSA should have a membership fee. Does that make me an moron too? >>

Nope, just skilow.

<< <i>I know right now I have between 400-500 additional cards that need slabbed, and if PSA did not have the membership fees, they would have already been slabbed in PSA holders. Instead, they are sitting raw, and will stay that way, unless PSA re-thinks the idea of a membership fee. >>

Are you serious? 500 cards at $5/card (January special) is $2500 plus shipping cost. Beckett is $7/card for bulk orders is $3500 plus shipping. So for 500 cards counting paying for membership, you would pay $2599 plus shipping. Plus you get 6 free subs, plus access to the pop report, copy of the SMR, and the free book that is being shipped next month. Sounds like a savings of $901 for 500 cards.

In other words, you have 400-500 cards that you want slabbed but refuse to send them to PSA only because of a $99 membership fee that allows you to take advantage of special discounts and gives you 6 free subs. That makes a lot of sense.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey, I don't think PSA should have a membership fee. Does that make me an moron too? >>

Nope, just skilow.

<< <i>I know right now I have between 400-500 additional cards that need slabbed, and if PSA did not have the membership fees, they would have already been slabbed in PSA holders. Instead, they are sitting raw, and will stay that way, unless PSA re-thinks the idea of a membership fee. >>

Are you serious? 500 cards at $5/card (January special) is $2500 plus shipping cost. Beckett is $7/card for bulk orders is $3500 plus shipping. So for 500 cards counting paying for membership, you would pay $2599 plus shipping. Plus you get 6 free subs, plus access to the pop report, copy of the SMR, and the free book that is being shipped next month. Sounds like a savings of $901 for 500 cards.

In other words, you have 400-500 cards that you want slabbed but refuse to send them to PSA only because of a $99 membership fee that allows you to take advantage of special discounts and gives you 6 free subs. That makes a lot of sense. >>

Sorry man, I'm not going to be one of the sheep. Others can, but I just simply won't do it. I'm not paying to be a member of PSA to have my cards graded.

If PSA keeps the same policy of having to be a member to have cards graded, eventually, I figure I will have to JSA/BGS slab most of the stuff.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    f PSA keeps the same policy of having to be a member to have cards graded, eventually, I figure I will have to JSA/BGS slab most of the stuff.

Then according to the math above you will not only pay more you will not have your cards in the strongest possible slab.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>f PSA keeps the same policy of having to be a member to have cards graded, eventually, I figure I will have to JSA/BGS slab most of the stuff.

Then according to the math above you will not only pay more you will not have your cards in the strongest possible slab.

Steve >>

Don't think so..

JSA/BGS slabbed autos will sell in the same range as anything in a PSA slab.
  • Options

signed card at psa authenticated and encapsulated valued at $500 or less - $20

jsa/bvg - signed card at $150 or less value - $30
    jsa/bvg - signed card at $151 or higher value - $85

those prices are a no brainer to go with psa plus the jsa/bvg slab for auto cards is not the most attractive slab out there

• Options

<< <i>signed card at psa authenticated and encapsulated valued at $500 or less - $20

jsa/bvg - signed card at $150 or less value - $30
    jsa/bvg - signed card at $151 or higher value - $85

those prices are a no brainer to go with psa plus the jsa/bvg slab for auto cards is not the most attractive slab out there >>

I realize this is a pro PSA board. I really do.

With that said, I honestly like the JSA/BGS slab much better than the PSA/DNA slab. I just don't care for what Beckett has become.

I will stick with my beliefs on having to pay and be a member to have stuff graded. I just won't do it. I have met many folks feel the same way. I talk to them at shows all the time. To each their own, and nothing against anyone in particular.

P.S. For the ones tossing out the numbers with the $5 special; I don't do bulk gradings, because I don't like to wait around the extra time for my stuff to get back.
  • Options
    it's not a matter of pro psa board or anti psa board. it's a matter of doing the math and seeing that if you actively submit to psa and take advantage of the psa specials or use the daily offering of $20 for a licensed autographed card valued at $500 or less to be authenticated and slabbed for $20 that the membership is well worth the $100.

the $89 annual fee to psa SAVES you money. one can live on principle and go elsewhere but at the close of day, in this case at least, living on principle costs you more money.

it's like my rewards credit card - I can get lots of credit cards for no annual fee but I pay a yearly fee to get cash back and the yearly fee pays for itself many, many times over.
  • Options
    Sure, this is pretty much about a pro PSA board. And that is fine, but not all of us see it the same way. That's just the way it will remain I guess. No hard feelings to anyone.

Why can PSA authenticate autographs for non-members, but they won't grade/slab the cards unless you are a member and pay the membership fees?

The membership fees to grade cards is just a sales tactic for PSA to make additional money, and that is fine. That is their right to do such.

PSA is a good and very reputable company, but I just don't agree with this tactic of having to be a member to get cards graded. I have many quality cards in my collection that they have slabbed, but I bought them already slabbed, or piggybacked them to PSA for grading.
  • Options
    you can't get the $20 price because you are not a psa member.

do you belong to Costco? I can get a large soda and a big hot dog (all beef at that) for $1.50. I can get that price because I am a member of Costco and pay my yearly membership fee. or I can walk around and eat free samples all day and pay nothing. and again, I can get that because I am a member at Costco and paid my yearly fee.
  • Options

<< <i>you can't get the $20 price because you are not a psa member.

do you belong to Costco? I can get a large soda and a big hot dog (all beef at that) for $1.50. I can get that price because I am a member of Costco and pay my yearly membership fee. or I can walk around and eat free samples all day and pay nothing. and again, I can get that because I am a member at Costco and paid my yearly fee. >>

Your comparison is not all that accurate. I do not expect/want anything free from PSA. Just card grading fees based on turnaround time, just like Beckett and SGC does, without the cost to join anything. It's that simple. I don't need special offers, sales pitch marketing, or any of that stuff. I don't care for all of that to be honest with you.

I would not doubt that PSA would see a spike in sales, if they dropped the membership fees. At this time, they are leaving out a chunk of the hobby that they could capitalize on. Maybe Mr. Orlando could at least think about it.

• Options
    the comparison is accurate because when you pay the psa membership fee you are getting special pricing.....just like you receive special pricing at Costco for paying their membership fee.

you are being thick headed regarding the psa membership fee. if you do submit a lot of cards to be graded and submit signed cards then it is costing you money to go elsewhere...even with factoring in the membership fee.
  • Options

<< <i>the comparison is accurate because when you pay the psa membership fee you are getting special pricing.....just like you receive special pricing at Costco for paying their membership fee.

you are being thick headed regarding the psa membership fee. if you do submit a lot of cards to be graded and submit signed cards then it is costing you money to go elsewhere...even with factoring in the membership fee. >>

It's my money, and I have a right to do what I want with it. Thick headed? How about just standing my ground, and not playing along by being one of the sheep? Maybe that too?

It would not hurt PSA to accept grading submissions from folks who are not members. They do it for autographs, so what is the difference? Please tell me?

Why do I have to pay to be a member, just to get my cards graded, and then pay additional funds for the actual grading of my cards? That does not make any sense. Sure, they can toss out the occasional specials, or a few free gradings, but that's just more sales pitch to me. Give me a flat rate you will accept to grade my cards, so I can send stuff in to be graded, whether it's one card, or 500 cards. That will earn my business, as well as many other's business.
  • Options
    it is their business and they can run it however they want to. stand your ground or whatever you prefer to call it but it's costing you money to do so. (plus most cards and autos in other holders are worth less money so it's costing you more money, again). thing about Spence...well he's good and knows his stuff...but he moves around too much. few years back he was with psa/dna, then only his own company, then with sgc and now bvg. who will Spence have a partnership with next week?

obviously you have your views and those aren't changing and this is going nowhere but nice discussing this topic with you.
  • Options
    Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
    ---- Alfred Pennyworth
  • Options

<< <i>it is their business and they can run it however they want to. stand your ground or whatever you prefer to call it but it's costing you money to do so. (plus most cards and autos in other holders are worth less money so it's costing you more money, again). thing about Spence...well he's good and knows his stuff...but he moves around too much. few years back he was with psa/dna, then only his own company, then with sgc and now bvg. who will Spence have a partnership with next week?

obviously you have your views and those aren't changing and this is going nowhere but nice discussing this topic with you. >>

Spence is as good/qualified as anyone over at PSA, when it comes to signature knowledge. Who cares where he has moved around to? He has worked or partnered with 3 very reputable companies(PSA, SGC & BGS), so what is the problem? Just a bias shot at card/auto values, if they are not slabbed by PSA? Come on..

It's not costing me any money. They are pc cards, that will probably be with me until the end. It's costing PSA money, because there is a chunk of the hobby that feels like I do. Yep, it's PSA's business on how they want to run it. I never said it wasn't. PSA is a good company, no doubt, but they are hurting their pockets by shutting out potential money.
  • Options
    Thanks for the discussion, earlycalguy. At least we can talk/debate without it getting out of hand. I can appreciate that. image
  • Options
    i'll say this and then I am out...

it's not that spence does not know his stuff as I said in the previous post that he does. it's that his name IS the company and with psa you have a generic name with a bunch of authenticators behind that name. say 3 years ago you invested in spence/sgc autos. now you can't get those anymore...you want to add to your collection so now you go with spence/bgs. many people want all one look to their collection for display and storage purposes. with spence plastering his own name on everything and moving around a good bit, to me it devalues Spence authenticated items which were done at companies he no longer partners with.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i always thought it was kinda aggrivating myself that the do the blue flips for autos to on reg cards, im finding that out now, i gotta flip em to red to get em in my 52 slabbed set for the registryimage
    its thier biz,i just live hereimage
  • Options

<< <i>i'll say this and then I am out...

it's not that spence does not know his stuff as I said in the previous post that he does. it's that his name IS the company and with psa you have a generic name with a bunch of authenticators behind that name. say 3 years ago you invested in spence/sgc autos. now you can't get those anymore...you want to add to your collection so now you go with spence/bgs. many people want all one look to their collection for display and storage purposes. with spence plastering his own name on everything and moving around a good bit, to me it devalues Spence authenticated items which were done at companies he no longer partners with. >>

To me, it does not matter. I have cut sigs of many bigger named HOF'ers in the SGC/Spence slabs, and that is where they will remain. It does not devalue them in any way because he went over to partner with Beckett, because they are slabbed by James Spence. There are pretty much 2 names in the sports auto authentication business, and that is James Spence and PSA/DNA. Both are very reputable, and that is what people buy their brands for... because they trust those names..

The folks that want a collection to all look the same does not make sense to me, but if it's that big of a deal, they can always cross them over.
  • Options

<< <i>i always thought it was kinda aggrivating myself that the do the blue flips for autos to on reg cards, im finding that out now, i gotta flip em to red to get em in my 52 slabbed set for the registryimage
    its thier biz,i just live hereimage >>

You're a hoot, rube. image
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently StanTheMoran and Skilow can't do simple math, so I will do it for them:

The cost of a Platinum Membership is $179.00.

With your Platinum Membership you receive (among other things) 12 Free Submissions with a 7 Day Turnaround.

The standard cost of a TEN day turnaround submission is $15 each. This is 3 days longer than the turnaround time of the free submissions, but we'll still use the $15 number so I won't confuse you.

Now brace yourself, here's the math part... 12 Submissions that have a $15 value each, adds up to... wait for it... a $180.00 Value!!!!

That's right folks, the cost of your TWO YEAR MEMBERSHIP is COVERED by the 12 FREE SUBMISSIONS!!! Holy cow!!!

Membership Info

Submission Fees

Now, Mr. Stan, I know you're some sort of Master Debater, but even you can't refute that fact.
  • Options

<< <i>Apparently StanTheMoran and Skilow can't do simple math, so I will do it for them:

With your Platinum Membership you receive (among other things) 12 Free Submissions with a 7 Day Turnaround.

The standard cost of a TEN day turnaround submission is $15 each. This is 3 days longer than the turnaround time of the free submissions, but we'll still use the $15 number so I won't confuse you.

Now brace yourself, here's the math part... 12 Submissions that have a $15 value each, adds up to... wait for it... a $180.00 Value!!!!

That's right folks, the cost of your TWO YEAR MEMBERSHIP is COVERED by the 12 FREE SUBMISSIONS!!! Holy cow!!!

Membership Info

Submission Fees

Now, Mr. Stan, I know you're some sort of Master Debater, but even you can't refute that fact. >>

There are always classy people like yourself who have to resort to name calling, instead of just having a simple conversation. I would expect nothing less of you.

P.S. The word you was trying to spell was moron, I do believe. image
  • Options
    I spelled it that way on purpose, a play on words, Moran/Man, get it? I guess not.

I never claimed to be classy, I don't have the patience that most people possess. I get angry when people like you and skilow hijack a thread that was intended to bring positive news, especially from a guy like Joe Orlando, who really owes nobody an explanation but finds the time and courtesy to explain why this book has been delayed for so long, and you find some way to make it about yourself. If you want to complain about something in which you have no idea what you're talking about, how about making a separate thread for it next time.
  • Options

<< <i>I spelled it that way on purpose, a play on words, Moran/Man, get it? I guess not.

I never claimed to be classy, I don't have the patience that most people possess. I get angry when people like you and skilow hijack a thread that was intended to bring positive news, especially from a guy like Joe Orlando, who really owes nobody an explanation but finds the time and courtesy to explain why this book has been delayed for so long, and you find some way to make it about yourself. If you want to complain about something in which you have no idea what you're talking about, how about making a separate thread for it next time. >>

Skilow and I done nothing but state our honest opinions, and maybe Mr. Orlando can at least read them and think about it. He does run a business, and when you do that, it pays to listen to people who potentially want to spend money with your company.

I know exactly what I am talking about, so I don't need your continued insults. Yeah, I understand it's more fun to make insults and call people names instead of just having a civil debate or conversation about something.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I understand it's more fun to make insults and call people names instead of just having a civil debate or conversation about something. >>

That's true, it is easier, that's probably why I do it.

So, what do you think about the membership fee after I walked you through the math? Do you still think it's not worth buying a membership, even though it's free?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, I understand it's more fun to make insults and call people names instead of just having a civil debate or conversation about something. >>

That's true, it is easier, that's probably why I do it.

So, what do you think about the membership fee after I walked you through the math? Do you still think it's not worth buying a membership, even though it's free? >>

Jeff,

I honestly don't need you walking me through the math. I can do just fine on my own. Thanks.

You are missing my point and reason why I feel like I do. I detailed that in a previous reply in this thread.

• Options
    By reading your posts, I gather that you don't want to "pay" to be a member, just to have the ability to submit cards. The reason why I say "pay", is because you do have to front some money to become a member, but they give it back, and then some, with vouchers, an SMR subscription, and random books or whatever.

The only reasoning I can see PSA doing it this way, is maybe to keep out the riffraff. I mean, it is free, but I guess you do have to put up a chunk of change in the beginning, that you eventually get back. I dunno man, if you don't like PSA it's one thing, but to not want to pay to be a member even though it's free, that just doesn't make any sense. Just my opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>By reading your posts, I gather that you don't want to "pay" to be a member, just to have the ability to submit cards. The reason why I say "pay", is because you do have to front some money to become a member, but they give it back, and then some, with vouchers, an SMR subscription, and random books or whatever.

The only reasoning I can see PSA doing it this way, is maybe to keep out the riffraff. I mean, it is free, but I guess you do have to put up a chunk of change in the beginning, that you eventually get back. I dunno man, if you don't like PSA it's one thing, but to not want to pay to be a member even though it's free, that just doesn't make any sense. Just my opinion. >>

I DO like PSA. A good deal of my Musial collection is housed in PSA slabs. I just don't like the idea of having to pay to be a member, then have to pay again for the actual grading of my cards. Money leaves my pocket twice. Personally, those free gradings, memberships and all that are just a sales pitch, and I don't like that stuff. Some might, I don't. We are all different, but I have met my fair share at shows who feel like I do. By PSA doing it this way, they are missing a valuable part of this hobby. That is all I am trying to get across.

I just feel it should be as simple as with BGS and SGC. I don't have to pay BGS or SGC a dime to be a member of anything, and I can get my cards graded whenever I feel like it, for a specific rate depending on turnaround times. No joining anything, no sales pitch, just cut and dry.
  • Options
    t's my money, and I have a right to do what I want with it. Thick headed? How about just standing my ground, and not playing along by being one of the sheep? Maybe that too?

You are right it is your money just don't say "I don't think so' when I say you will be paying more.

People were just saying it was cheaper to use PSA even with the 99 or 89 fee.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

News Flash!

If you want to eat at Burger King, you must now pay a $99 Burger King Membership fee!

Membership is great!

*** You get a monthly Burger King mag, full of fun things, including lots of advertisers.
    *** You get a monthly sales report called "The Whopper", a cool periodical, all about burger sales!
    *** Burger King Members can go online to view "The Whopper"!
    *** Burger King message boards: Membership is not required!
    *** Plus! Each membership includes 20 Value Meal Vouchers, worth up to $119, wow!

You say, You're not buying a Burger King annual $99 membership?

Well that's ok!

Then just go eat at McDonald's, Wendys or Checkers! image

rd

P.S. Happily holidays to all at CU!

• Options
    stan the man, i think you need to work on your math skills.....

first for $99 you get 6 submissions for cards valued under $500 in 10 days, thats like a $13 special....so

6 X 13 = $78.....so you are prepaying for 6 submissions.....

so they collected an extra $21 dollars from you......you dont think the free gift, the SMR online, and mainly the POP REPORT is worth $21 a year?
    POP report is worth $200 a year for serious collectors....

when people say they wont send in to PSA because they have to be a member and they wont pay the $99 fee, they SOUND SO FOOLISH

not to mention as a year long member you can be patient and submit your big subs when they have a special that fits you...

come on stan, stop being so stubborn and think about it for a second.....

PS JOE.....cant wait for the book!

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Apparently StanTheMoran and Skilow can't do simple math, so I will do it for them:

Membership Info

Submission Fees

Now, Mr. Stan, I know you're some sort of Master Debater, but even you can't refute that fact. >>

This really should have been the end...

but no...

lets keep beating the horse....

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I just read this whole thread.

You guys must have been bored as hell yesterday.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow! I just read this whole thread.

You guys must have been bored as hell yesterday. >>

• Options

<< <i>Wow! I just read this whole thread.

You guys must have been bored as hell yesterday. >>

And who might be bored today? image
  • Options

<< <i>News Flash!

If you want to eat at Burger King, you must now pay a $99 Burger King Membership fee!

Membership is great!

*** You get a monthly Burger King mag, full of fun things, including lots of advertisers.
    *** You get a monthly sales report called "The Whopper", a cool periodical, all about burger sales!
    *** Burger King Members can go online to view "The Whopper"!
    *** Burger King message boards: Membership is not required!
    *** Plus! Each membership includes 20 Value Meal Vouchers, worth up to $119, wow!

You say, You're not buying a Burger King annual $99 membership?

Well that's ok!

Then just go eat at McDonald's, Wendys or Checkers! image

rd

P.S. Happily holidays to all at CU! >>

See, that analogy doesn't work on me, because I love cheeseburgers!! I would buy that membership in a second!! image

Another hole is, when you're looking into getting a PSA membership, that usually means you have a few cards that you're looking to get graded already. Once you buy the membership, you're most likely going to use your free vouchers right away, thus getting your money back right away.
  • Options
    And those can be cards valued at 500.00 or less.

It is a no brainer why anyone would think otherwise is beyond me.

Of course people have reasons and that is fine, just don't say we are sheep and fools
    for doing it.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Besides that, BGS and SGC slabs are inferior to PSA, in quality and reputation. This is just my opinion though. To me, buying a card in a non-PSA slab, is like buying a raw card.