Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver BUY price???

Have a chance to buy about 50+ ounces of silver.
What would be fair price per ounce??? (For seller and buyer in today's market)
There are 3--Troy Pound rounds and the rest are assorted 1 OZ bars and rounds.
Spot was about 10.00 a few minuites ago.

Thanks Silversmyth

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like generic type stuff. For that, at $10/oz spot, I'd be comfortable paying $13ish/oz.
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like generic type stuff. For that, at $10/oz spot, I'd be comfortable paying $13ish/oz. >>

I agree.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For generic cr@p like that, I would not even pay spot. A.S.E.'s might trade at $13 in that weight range, but not generic private mint widgets.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For generic cr@p like that, I would not even pay spot.

<< <i>

If the generic crap is .999 fine silver, I think its worth at least spot? image
  • Options
    You must not trade often. Generic is rather illiquid compared to govt. bullion coins or globally recognized assayers, like Engelhard, Johnson-Matthey. Rots 'o ruck.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options

<< <i>For generic cr@p like that, I would not even pay spot. A.S.E.'s might trade at $13 in that weight range, but not generic private mint widgets. >>

Can't remember the last time I found any silver under spot or at spot.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    Do you really think that the producers of 1,000 ounce bars which are available now at spot + .39 per ounce are paying spot for their silver? image

• Options

<< <i>Do you really think that the producers of 1,000 ounce bars which are available now at spot + .39 per ounce are paying spot for their silver? image >>

Try to buy them and get delivery.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options

<< <i>Do you really think that the producers of 1,000 ounce bars which are available now at spot + .39 per ounce are paying spot for their silver? image >>

The big boys get to play by different rules than we do.
  • Options
    Sure can't buy at spot around my neck O the woods!!!
    Most of the .999 (crap) bars ARE-- Engelhard.
    I always thought they were as "GENERIC" as it comes in .999
    I havn't had the chance (MONEY) to but any silver for several years.
    From everything I read, it seems to be in somewhat short supply.
    (Except for the dude on ebay selling 500,000 ounces.)
    Just wasn't sure how much over spot it was going for these days.

Thanks for input guys!!!!!!!!

DUECE--how many ounces can you sell me for under 10$ a ounce????
  • Options

<< <i>

Try to buy them and get delivery. >>

Just purchased one 10 days ago and delivered last week. Next.

• Options

Next time I walk into a shop and ask for 50+ oz assorted silver and he offers a price I don't like I will try this.

• Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just purchased one 10 days ago and delivered last week. Next. >>

Now try selling the 1000 oz bar and see if you get much over .39 per ounce.... or even close to 3.00 to 6.00 dollars on a smaller oz item. a 100 oz bar is a very different item in the silver bullion market as compared with 100 oz,10 oz bars as well as 1 ounce rounds and certainly ASE's, Maples and the such. These will always be easier to sell at a far greater per ounce premium than a 1000 oz bar.. Very simple fact!image
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i like them at 10 an ounce up to 11. that is a feel good purchase.
    once past 11 to 12.. i start thinking twice. I want ASEs at 12 a round.

and yes... i just bought at those prices... using live.com discount
    and ebay coupon.

patience is the key with all things it seems. good deals will come your
    way if you keep looking. Don't get emotional over PMs. Big mistake.
    Rush rush rush is a good way to overpay.
  • Options
    and if that dealer offers you 50+ oz. ASW in the form of sterling forks, spoons and knives at spot or below, what will your answer be?

• Options

<< <i>and if that dealer offers you 50+ oz. ASW in the form of sterling forks, spoons and knives at spot or below, what will your answer be? >>

Pass the butter please. I'am referring to what the op said in his first post. 50+ oz of assorted bars and rounds.

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    another good reply would be whatever the local dealers are paying.. as in the honest ones. buck or two over spot seems to be their buy
    prices lately as they will admit they can easily sell it for 14+.

my trust worthy local dealer told me just that a while ago on the
    phone. he would easily pay a dollar over spot without thinking as
    he knows he can flip it in hours for a profit.
  • Options
    And hours can be like a lifetime in the world of precious metals trading. Even when premiums were 1/5 of what they are now for silver bullion, many dealers would have to sell within a matter of minutes just to maintain a margin. Think about it. Would you want that daily risk?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just purchased one 10 days ago and delivered last week. Next. >>

Riiiight.......

Sure.

Add in a few more details and it might sound a bit more believable.

Just purchased and delivered in 7 days or less is a bit of a stretch for those of us who know the market.

In nearly a decade I've only had the opportunity to buy them a handful of times. Nearly always, I'd stick to 100 ouncers usually at 15-20 cents over spot, back when spot was the real price that wholesalers and dealers used to base their buy-sell structure on. Sure, I've paid less than spot many times as well, on both silver and gold, but opportunities like that aren't around anymore.

For someone who has 1,000 ouncers delivered, you'd think you might spend a bit more time around here. It's odd that you seem to sound like the trolls that bop on over here from the other forums and try to stir the soup. You see, "delivery" is the is the key word here in this day and age.

I'm not waving the BS flag, but I'm not exactly sold either.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
  • Options
    The 1000 ounce bar was purchased on the C.C.E. from another dealer and resold to a private investor. And they are available for immediate delivery from a number of sources to dealers. You want to know more, pony up the C.C.E. subscription fee, have verifiable references and you can be a player. image

• Options

<< <i>The 1000 ounce bar was purchased on the C.C.E. from another dealer and resold to a private investor. And they are available for immediate delivery from a number of sources to dealers. You want to know more, pony up the C.C.E. subscription fee, have verifiable references and you can be a player. image >>

In this case, the end buyer, the investor paid more than 39 cents over spot.

I am aware of the CCE, I was wondering if you were.

• Options
    Hi Guys,

I didn't mean to start a BREWHAHA here!!!!!image
    I have been away from buying bullion for some time and just wanted to check on what the bullion market markup was??
    1000 ounce bars are so out of MY ballpark right now------IT AIN'T EVEN FUNNY!!!!!!!!
    50+ is a BIG size deal for me right now..

DUECE!!!! COME ON!!
    I am NOT a "PRODUCER----DEALER----or a FRIGGINNNNNN "PLAYER"
    I am just a small time (LONG TIME--40+ years) coin collector ,
    who likes to buy a few"GENERIC" ounces of silver when I have a few extra bucks.
    And i do recall ( IN MY YOUNGER DAYS!!!! )when you COULD buy at spot OR less.
    BUT--Don't believe those days are still around right now.

BTW--You didn't tell me how many ounces you will sell me for spot "OR UNDER" ( about 9.82 today i believe)????
    Come on----Prove me wrong.

Thanks ALL, Silversmyth,
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Guys,

I didn't mean to start a BREWHAHA here!!!!!image
    I have been away from buying bullion for some time and just wanted to check on what the bullion market markup was??
    1000 ounce bars are so out of MY ballpark right now------IT AIN'T EVEN FUNNY!!!!!!!!
    50+ is a BIG size deal for me right now..

DUECE!!!! COME ON!!
    I am NOT a "PRODUCER----DEALER----or a FRIGGINNNNNN "PLAYER"
    I am just a small time (LONG TIME--40+ years) coin collector ,
    who likes to buy a few"GENERIC" ounces of silver when I have a few extra bucks.
    And i do recall ( IN MY YOUNGER DAYS!!!! )when you COULD buy at spot OR less.
    BUT--Don't believe those days are still around right now.

BTW--You didn't tell me how many ounces you will sell me for spot "OR UNDER" ( about 9.82 today i believe)????
    Come on----Prove me wrong.

Thanks ALL, Silversmyth, >>

You are correct Smyth.. Duece did not comment/reply on my post which pretty much explains the huge difference between a 1000 oz bar and anything else in silver bullion [including 5000 oz of ASE's in one buy]. They are very different items and maybe he just wanted to make you feel like he know's better than you... However you are right on with you post. Silver in smaller quantitites of anything less than 100oz bars has a hefty premium of many times 39 cents.image
  • Options
    Allas, if you keep looking you can see the sky through the clouds.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Silver is 13.50 in my area for generic. 16 for new maples and 18 for ASEs.

I've been looking through the generic and looking for odd and neat art bars because some art bars seem to fetch a little bit more on ebay. One day when I sell, perhaps they will be worth even more.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    DEUCEY,

I still would like to buy some off you for "SPOT or LESS"!
    Help me out here!image
  • Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    Geez. Coindeuce who is in business of dealing in coins and bullion tries to clue you in on what the real market is, and what kind of pricing makes sense in purchasing silver bullion as an invesment and he gets dumped on by those whose position in the market is paying excessive retail mark-ups for small size fabricated items. $18 for an ASE when spot is $10? That's the kind of "investment opportunity" that gets sold on HSN and boiler rooms.

CG
  • Options
    I'M BACK,

Coinduece:,
    "FOR generic cr@p like that, I would not even pay spot. A.S.E.'s might trade at $13 in that weight range, but not generic private mint widgets. "

Calgold:

"Geez. Coindeuce who is in business of dealing in coins and bullion tries to clue you in on what the real market is, and what kind of pricing makes sense in purchasing silver bullion as an invesment and he gets dumped on by those whose position in the market is paying excessive retail mark-ups for small size fabricated items. $18 for an ASE when spot is $10? That's the kind of "investment opportunity" that gets sold on HSN and boiler rooms."

CG

HI GUYS!!!
    I asked about price for 50+ ounces (I ended up with 67 ounces of "GENERIC CR@P)).
    All of a sudden the "PLAYERS" are buying 1000 ounce bars!!
    I am HAPPY for you both if you can swing 1000 OZ. deals!!!!
    A LOT of us PO folks on here CAN'T!!
    That would be the ones--" whose position in the market is paying excessive retail mark-ups for small size fabricated items"
    Many here can ONLY afford --" small size fabricated items"!!!!!!! (Sounds like that includes US Mint ASE's to me)
    That's why I thought that if DUECE ( WHO is in the BUSINESS) can buy the "GENERIC CR@P at SPOT or LESS" he might sell at SPOT or a little MORE to some of us PO folk.
    LIke I said before, to some of us a 50 or 100 OZ deal is as big to us as a 1000 oz. or more deal is to the--"PLAYERS"

BYE BYE for now!!!

P.S. Please forgive the Board Member that is trying to sell "GENERIC CR@P "(SILVERTOWN) 10 oz. bars for 148$.
    I don't think you have clued him in on what the real market is YET!!!image
  • Options
    No generic crap for sale at spot or under??????
    Engelhard--J/M--Silvertowne--A/Mark--Utah Mining--Granny Doright's????image
    Come on PLAYERS!!!
    Help us out....(PLEASE!!!)
  • Options
    Still would like to buy some at spot or less.
    (GENERIC or whatever.)

Once again --Help us fellow members out.---PLEASEimage
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still would like to buy some at spot or less.
    (GENERIC or whatever.)

Once again --Help us fellow members out.---PLEASEimage >>

At spot or less, not at this time. Maybe some Chinese auctions..image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    "SILVERSMYTH is a certified idiot"

Any stickers image
  • Options
    I did see some "famous chinese ounce bars" on ebay..im sure they will go cheap...even the NWTM and PANAM silver bars are going for above spot..if anyone knows where to get real silver for less than spot, post it or hush.
  • Options

<< <i>Engelhard--J/M--Silvertowne--A/Mark >>

I don't consider these to be generic stuff but name brand, respected silver getting a premium. Generic in my mind means silver like those 1oz buffalo rounds, the 1oz rounds that are copies of classic US coins and the myriad of christmas/graduation/commemorative silver rounds and bars.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas COINBOYL!!!!!!
    Missed you sweet heart.
    See you didn't make it to the drug store yet.
    Still LOVE YA kid!!!!!image

TrustNO1---AMEN to that!!!
    And you know that it ain't going to happen.

• Options

<< <i>

I don't consider these to be generic stuff but name brand, respected silver getting a premium. Generic in my mind means silver like those 1oz buffalo rounds, the 1oz rounds that are copies of classic US coins and the myriad of christmas/graduation/commemorative silver rounds and bars. >>

Yeah....what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    ANYWAY:
    What I ended up with :

3 --- Troy Pound rounds
    21--Engelhard 1OZ bars
    10--mixed Silvertowne rounds and bars.
    Gave him 12.00 an ounce.

Did I pay TOO much?---Maybe
    Could I have got it for less?--Maybe

BUT:
    He was happy.
    I was happy.

Now if COINBOYL would get to the drugstore---MAYBE he would be happy!!!----(NAH no way)image
  • Options
    "Now if COINBOYL would get to the drugstore---MAYBE he would be happy!!!----(NAH no way)"

Why you gotta be so bitter ?
  • Options
    One last note before COINBOYL gets back:
    In first post I never said what brand the silver was.

<< <i>There are 3--Troy Pound rounds and the rest are assorted 1 OZ bars and rounds. >>

And this was the 3Rd. reply

<< <i>For generic cr@p like that, I would not even pay spot.
    A.S.E.'s might trade at $13 in that weight range, but not generic private mint widgets >>

Are these not private mints?????

Yes --(at least) Engelhard and J/M sell for more than most.
    But are they or are they not still private mints?????

AND--A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ain't a BITTER bone in my BODY!
  • Options
    NEXT!!!!