Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

First Spouse: "Buck" Liberty to complete subset, now w/ pics.

124»

Comments

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>using both the am and pm fixings, the average is over $1250 and the wed. pm fix is outside the current range.

that would indicate a price increase if my calculations are correct. >>

thanks madame
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are the quality of the coins that folks are getting delivered already?
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>using both the am and pm fixings, the average is over $1250 and the wed. pm fix is outside the current range.

that would indicate a price increase if my calculations are correct. >>

Price would go up on thursday?

I feel like I am the only 12:01 order that didnt get shipped yesterday. >>

The prices of the Platinums went down on the Wed. around Noon.

If that holds, it could be any time now....

• Options
    I placed my order just now for the proof at 779.00...........
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got my proof and my unc in the mail. Order number was XXXX7929.

Both look pristine and flawless.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received mine and made a quick pass through all. Based on my small sampling size (3 of each), it's going to be hard to nail a PR70. There is so much "smooth" detail (cheek, neck, flat surfaces, etc) that there is a lot of space for frost breaks/hits/specks - whatever you call it when the frosting is interrupted. Virtually the entire reverse is frosted detail - there is only a very small field area. Only one of my proofs has a shot at 70 at best. The Uncs, on the other hand, look a little better. Only one of mine had minor nicks on the reverse that would knock it down to a 69. JMHO.

Sorry, no pics today. Too busy to set up...

*** Also posted on the other "Buck" thread
  • Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭
    My UNC arrived Today. I am very happy with the quality of it.

imageimage
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When able, can someone please post a pic of all four Liberty's together....MS and/or Proofs. >>

How about a pic of both???

Just got my Buchanan Liberty coins in the mail today... not the best shot, but they are pretty all together image

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭
    I got my proof and uncirculated today, and the quality was horrible. They are going back to the mint, and I'll buy them on eBay or from MCM.
  • Options
    The price has not changed. It must be right on the cusp.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a quick upload of the four Liberty Uncs. The cheek mark on the Buck Lib is in the plastic.

Full set minus one proof.

r95
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I placed my order for the Old Buck Liberty on 09/02 at 12:58 p.m., and received it today. This completes the 4-piece Liberty set, all in OGP.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    One of my proofs has a very distinct machine doubling. Any one else?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One of my proofs has a very distinct machine doubling. Any one else? >>

Is yours obverse or reverse? Nothing here.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭

Pics?
  • Options

<< <i>

Is yours obverse or reverse? Nothing here. >>

Sorry about delay. They are obverse. My camera is not working well. See what I can do.
  • Options
    Ok, here is the best my old camera can do.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does not look like machine doubling to me. I think you may have a coin that shifted position after the first strike, so the next strike was in a slightly different place. A portion of the first strike gets flattened during the second strike, but is still visible in the field. If so, this is a legitimate error, and definitely has added value. I'd like to see better pics when you get a chance!

BTW, if the coin is what I described, then there is a possibility that there may be more out there, since the die was 'loose' or had excessive play during the minting.

I think you may have a nice find, from what I can see with the pics.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coinsponge, is the 'doubling' portion raised slightly from the field? Or... is it totally flattened and pretty much part of the field? The answer to that would be a clue whether you have machine doubling or the more desirable 'shifted second strike' that I referred to earlier.
    ----- kj
  • Options

<< <i>That does not look like machine doubling to me. I think you may have a coin that shifted position after the first strike, so the next strike was in a slightly different place. A portion of the first strike gets flattened during the second strike, but is still visible in the field. If so, this is a legitimate error, and definitely has added value. I'd like to see better pics when you get a chance!

BTW, if the coin is what I described, then there is a possibility that there may be more out there, since the die was 'loose' or had excessive play during the minting.

I think you may have a nice find, from what I can see with the pics. >>

Do we now have Buchanan DDR01 now? image)
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Coinsponge, is the 'doubling' portion raised slightly from the field? Or... is it totally flattened and pretty much part of the field? The answer to that would be a clue whether you have machine doubling or the more desirable 'shifted second strike' that I referred to earlier. >>

It looks like the secondary image is in the field. At first I thought different but after looking at an extreme angle (almost flat) I do not see a secondary shelf. I have 2 others that show some of this but not as dramatic as the one pictured. It is interesting that the ones that have a shift also have a slightly "rubbed" spot in the hair above the ear where the "frost" is thinner. I have one other that shows none of the characteristics of the others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file