Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Revised GENUINE service

13»

Comments

• Options
    i've got myself an obscure key variety with some corrosion. i'd rather get an anacs "net xf details, corrosion" (which tells ya it's genuine anyway, without saying it) than a simple 'genuine' from pcgs with some goofy number system that everyone is supposed to look up with their pcgs decoder cheat sheet.

i say it's about time, but hopefully this will evolve. why not just do what anacs does.. you'd get their business. isnt that what its all about?

and i dont get the holed/plugged thing..

good start, but work on it.. my coin is still going to anacs
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Gription, you don't "get" much do you? This is no way to address the President of PCGS.

Get it?image
  • Options
    hey dunce, go take a look at the guy who started this thread..
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Maybe you should look, genius!

DonWillis
    President, PCGS
  • Options
    how did you even manage to turn that computer on? are you serious?
  • Options
    ah ok i'm a moron, i thought you said there's no way to address him

'my bad' - you get a point
  • Options

<< <i>This is no way to address the President of PCGS. >>

i'm a consumer, i'm telling him what i think.

it's not like i insulted him... relax

• Options
    Don - what if a coin is already graded genuine? I have a 1795 dollar that is in a genuine (.gn) holder. It has XF/AU details, and I believe would get a code of cleaned or possibly altered surfaces. Having the code would help to reassure a poyential buyer that it is not plugged or tooled. Can I send in to get a genuine code instead of the .gn? If so, what is the best way? Thanks.

merse

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS is suppose to be a special brand...a more conservative brand, a brand set apart from its competition....there is nothing special about 'genuine' coins in a pcgs holder.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The revised Genuine service will apply to all types of submissions as well as service levels. >>

Maybe I missed it somewhere in this post, but can a Genuine Service coin be placed in the PCGS registry sets?
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The revised Genuine service will apply to all types of submissions as well as service levels. >>

Maybe I missed it somewhere in this post, but can a Genuine Service coin be placed in the PCGS registry sets? >>

Yes. Just not a lowball set.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file