Home Precious Metals

Where is the cheapest place to buy silver 1 oz to 1000 oz's

Where online can I buy and take possession on silver at the best price. Seems everyone bought high and wants high prices to sell. Like any other market, when silver is $10 an oz. how can you ask and receive $17 an ounce. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comments

• teletradedirect.com... There are a few sellers on the BST with decent pricing.

9.5 to 10X's face for 90% seems to be the going rate...

• MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Where online can I buy and take possession on silver at the best price. Seems everyone bought high and wants high prices to sell. Like any other market, when silver is $10 an oz. how can you ask and receive $17 an ounce. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff >>

Again the same old story. You WONT find any quantity [other than 100 oz bars] of Silver Bullion at Near $10.00...... And "take possesion".. yeah! not at paper price... JMHO. but good luck anyway.image
  • Okay, I am not talking 1 oz bars, where can I get 100 oz. bars and take possession somewhere near spot, sorry for the same old story, but I am looking for the best price on take possession of 100 oz bars. Maybe 500 or 1000 oz. bars. Not talking silver eagles here.
  • JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    100 oz Silver Bars .999 Fine - Engelhard or Johnson Matthey (Live
    As low as $2.99 per oz over spot! These bars are Live. When buying this item, you will be guaranteed to receive ONLY Engelhard... More | Buy Price

Apmex has these now. Sorry for the double post. jws
    TexasNationals; if you come up with something better please let me know. TIA. jws
  • I have come up with something better, but they only have 1000 oz bars, at .28 over spot plus shipping. It is not the money, but the size, I would rather pay a little more to have 10 100 oz. bars than 1 1000oz. bar. Plus I run into storage problems.
  • MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭
    The difference between 1000 oz bar premiums and 100 oz bar premium at this time is going to be about $3.00 per ounce more fro the 100 oz bars. thats pretty consistant and I have not seen any number of 100 oz bars available for much less than $300 over spot. Thats that current physical market. I'm sure there would be more than ENOUGH buyers at even $2.00 over spot.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    for 1000 oz bars when you sell them aren't they harder because you have to get them assayed???

try teletrade, apmex, BST, etc. Have patience and you will build up a good size collection. Silver will go up in time.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • 1000 oz. bars cost alot to ship and insure. That IS the only way to pay spot price on silver, however when you add TOTAL delivery to your door then the charges to ship later to a buyer they don't work. The 1000 oz. bars are only good for industrial use, unless you're Dan Carr and you melt, smelt, and strike your own rounds.image
    For individuals that want to "hoard" silver, small bars (up to but no more than 100 oz.) and 90% silver coins are the logical choice. In the real world they trade at a varying rate over spot at any given time. On 11/1/08 that "spread" above spot is 30%-45% over. When spot was $20+ this past spring the spread was much more narrow, about 5%-15% over then and I saw some trades go at spot + 0.
    OLDER IS BETTER