Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Received a box from the US MINT. NO COINS but some paper and my invoice??

I contacted the US MINT and told them I did not receive my (1) platinum 1/2 proof and (1) 1/2 platinum uncirculated coins.

I received a sealed box, large packing paper , invoice, that's it.

They told me I had to wait (30) days??

I am sending them back today a photocopy of the invoice along with the sticker on outer box for return with original remit marked, did not receive.

The mint told me they would send me some paperwork to describe issue and return..
They told me I have to wait (30) days from delivery of the box until they would address this.

I told them I want the coins but cannot afford to buy them again and have 2 charges on my card while they work on this.

How do I get them to step it up??

I told them 2-3 weeks from now there may not be any coins for them to send me as replacements.

Help!image
Ships are safe in harbor but thats not what ships were built for.

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    wow that stinks! Do you think maybe someone tampered with the package and stole the coins? Weird how the box had nothing!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thought when I opened my package ... but I did locate them wrapped up inside the brown paper.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    since 2006 and 25+ purchases I have had the following happen:

1 received a 2006 Legacy set empty, no coins received a refund

was shipped a 1/4 oz unc buffalo usps, no signature and never received. I tracked it and it was hung up in Hebron, KY for several days but never received it.

The other day I found (2) plat proof 1/10 coins inbox in rain.

Apparently it shipped out for @299. I guess they don't ship with signature under $300.

My fedx normal delivery man is no longer with fedx. the new driver did not know the normal methology for delivery to my home.

Maybe my dog scared him off...

But with gold and platinum it ALWAYS gets expedited shipping wether you request it or not.

I told the US MINT I WANT TO SIGN FOR ANYTHING I EVER BUY!!

Other than this I have never lost anything from anybody, company, etc, in 13 years.

Ships are safe in harbor but thats not what ships were built for.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if you fill this out and send it they will get on it. Says only if a rep tells you to fill it out but what will they do?

Link to form.

**Please allow approximately 4-6 weeks for review and processing. image
  • Options
    I ordered a 1/4 ounce Buffalo gold uncirculated when they were first available.

The first one arrived USPS, but there was a 1/10th ounce instead of a 1/4 ounce (totally incorrect order).

I returned that, and they sent another USPS. It never materialized from the shipping partner warehouse.

I dutifully waited the 30 days they required and then filed the appropriate form.

A coin arrived within the next couple of weeks via FedEx Overnight.

The bottom line is the Mint will take care of you. It might take a couple of months, but they will make it right. The only thing that irritated me about the whole thing (other than having to go through it in the first place) was that after talking to the customer service rep for 15 minutes I had to talk to a supervisor and repeat the entire story over.

There's nothing in the rule book that says an elephant can't pitch.

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    That's exactly why you don't buy unopened sets of anything from the mint on Ebay. You maybe paying a premium for a box. If your the seller and the buyer uses Paypal with a CC you maybe the seller maybe the loser and think he's been ripped off since it can work both ways.
  • Options

<< <i>That's exactly why you don't buy unopened sets of anything from the mint on Ebay. You maybe paying a premium for a box. If your the seller and the buyer uses Paypal with a CC you maybe the seller maybe the loser and think he's been ripped off since it can work both ways. >>

I wouldn't sell a sealed box on eBay because I don't want the buyer to have the packing slip/invoice. I would send a sealed box to PCGS for grading because they return that stuff to me.

ttown is right, buying one could cost you if it is empty.
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file