Home Precious Metals
Options

Ebay item "Roll" of Troy LB Eagles Very Deceptive

Nowhere does this seller mention a troy lb would only be 12 Eagles, he shows a picture of a couple of opened rolls. Am I wrong to think this is pretty low?

"Roll" of Eagles
GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

Comments

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    "We request NO Coin Dealers purchase this lot. We want this to fun for everyone!"

ROTFLMFAO !!!
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    it is somewhat deceptive. He should let people know that they aren't gonna get 16 eagles but instead 12 eagles

I've noticed some sellers on ebay selling those large rounds that say 1 pound fine silver.......some people are probably thinking they will get 16 ozs or something like that.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    This sort of stuff has been going on since the first day of eBay.

Actually, it's been going on for all of history, but it's certainly nothing new on eBay.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Deception by omission. Not saying anything that is not fact, Just leaving out details which could fool some new collectors. I think I will send them an email.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is now a question and answer that says the buyer will receive 12 one ounce coins.
    Doesn't explain why this is a "roll."
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like eBay pulled the listing....good for them.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like eBay pulled the listing....good for them. >>

//////////////////////

He has a bunch more still going with the bogus title/description.

EBAY loves him.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.