Home Precious Metals

ASE's Flying at $15 an ounce.

Well I had a lot of extra time yesterday and I had an idea. Maybe I could sell 50 of my ASE's at $15 each and use that money to buy 60 Maples for $12+ at you know where, and still have about $20 left over. SO I posted this ad.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/clt/892205962.html

Sold all 50 in less than 5 minutes, and this morning I check my email and I had 42 different people saying they had the cash and wanted to buy all they could for $15 each.

Comments

• fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    yup. that is the case. dealers are selling for 15 easy.
    maples are nice rounds to me. good value.
  • Yes. I will gladly trade 50 ASE's for 60 Maples and $20. Just very surprised to get 42 responses in less than 24 hours. Probably should have asked $16 each, they still would have sold.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I love maples as well! I hope to get some more sometime.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • I felt a little lazy.. So I copied and pasted your ad for the tulsa area..image

I listed for 320.00... Let's see how the Tulsa market is doing.. Our local B@M is selling them for 18 or 19 dollars.

I had a roll listed on the BST for 330.00.. But it cost close to 10 bucks to ship priority insured...

I might see how the Maples do as well. Teletrade has them for 12.90 in roll qty. That's 13.50 shipped..

I will post the results if I get any..
  • Sweet. I bet you get at least 10. I am in a high cost of living area ( Seattle), but I bet $16 each gets a good response anywhere. Let us know.
  • You sure dont have any competition on there. All I see is an ad for a gold Krug at $950 and another ad for 1990 silver eagles at $30 each.
  • I didn't check for that...image

There is a guy from Muskogee (small town to the east) that puts ads up about once every month or so.

400 a roll... image
  • Well he has the $30 each guy beat. But those 1990 ASE's at $30 are FINE. All in Caps in his description FINE, like that is a good thing.image
  • The flaggers will probably get me before sunrise....image

Everytime I posted a WTB for 90%. It was flagged within 1 hr.. Yet the guy who post almost everyday
    seems to always stay up...imageimage
  • So, Did they sell ?

I have 4 more emails asking about it this morning. And they aren't just asking, they are saying I will buy all you have. Probably helps that the B&M's in this area dont have any ASE's. I might try this with the maples at $15 each, can always replace them at you know where for $12.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    interesting to note.....the 2009 prices and 2010 prices.

it seems that the "futures" for silver going up in price is not very strong...or can they cancel deliivery?
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i bought 700 silver dollar morgans and peace at 5.00 each a couple of years ago when silver was low-then sold em when silver was not much higher- that suckedimage