Home Precious Metals

Availability of Silver in your area?

mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, whats the availability of silver in your area?

Last week there was nothing, I will check the stores in my area tomorrow BUT I have already heard that one store will stop selling any they get and put it on EBAY!!!!! Basically they are saying that they can make more selling the silver on ebay instead of walk in customers!!!!
Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Comments

• All the silver and gold you want is available..........at market price. If you want to buy at the phony futures market prices they you will be out of luck. Why should any dealer or anyone else sell silver at 14 and ounce when they can get 19 on Ebay.

Forget KITCO.

The real price is on Ebay, Bullion Direct and other buyer to seller locations where trades are ACTUALLY being closed. If you want to buy Gold or silver then PM me, I have silver eagles, gold eagles, 100 oz, 90% and Krugs I can sell. Of course I won't sell for less than I can get from Ebay just like you wouldn't.

There are no free lunches or "discounted" PM sales.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My local dealer, who is normally very active in silver, was doing some stumping around the state to try and find some. Seems like it has dried up. Previously, he could hardly keep up with what was coming in to the shop.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    coynlecter, I know of a person here that would sell me some silver just a bit above spot. He isn't gonna charge me 30 an ounce like some people are bidding on ebay. I'm trying to save up to buy some, I think ebay prices are very ridiculous!

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've been able to tell, gold in the form of Libs and Saints has become REALLY tight.
  • coynlecter, I know of a person here that would sell me some silver just a bit above spot.

Then why don't you buy it and make a quick resale on Ebay. Heck of a good opportunity
    Coynlecter, I don't think that person would appreciate me buying silver at a great price from them and turning around selling it for more profit. He is trying to help me out and so offered me silver at a great price.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From what I've been able to tell, gold in the form of Libs and Saints has become REALLY tight. >>

Mainly in the $20's. I am amazed at what I am getting for circ. $20's.

The $10's are strong, but the $5's are hardly changed. Might be an opportunity there.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • I sold all my extra eagles on the bay, $20+ an ounce!! Your right, that's what people are willing to pay. So i'm gonna sell it!!
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!

<< <i>I sold all my extra eagles on the bay, $20+ an ounce!! Your right, that's what people are willing to pay. So i'm gonna sell it!! >>

I think you'll come to regret that move unless you can replenish your stash for less than you sold for.
  • I was at the ciny show and they had %90 for 11 times face.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've been able to tell, gold in the form of Libs and Saints has become REALLY tight.

You can say that again. I just saw Heritage's sell prices on $20's today (9/28) and they've gone up something like 10% essentially since end of last week. MS64 Saints are now a whopping $1300 or 86% of MS65 prices. That's the lowest MS65 premium I've seen since I started tracking these back in 2002. MS63 $20 Libs that were unwanted just weeks ago are now pushing $1600 each. I sold all that I had back at FUN in the $1500+ range thinking they were high enough. They fell back nearly $200 but now........an amazing turnaround. In comparison some of the 63-64 smaller sized gold looks to be awfully cheap. You couldn't buy some of this stuff this cheap since gold was back at $500-600:

Something is indeed going on - what, I don't quite know.

My favorites:

$1 gold Type 3 in MS64 around $925-975
    $2-1/2 Libs in MS64 - these are the same price as when gold was at $650 in summer of 2007 (these are give-aways imo. They peaked in
    March at $1475 and fell back a ton).
    $2-1/2 Indians in MS63/64
    $5 Libs in MS64 at around $1175-1200 - again, less than they were in August 2007. Someone has been pushing up the price of 63's to the
    point where they were 10% cheaper than the $10's in 63.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
    no silver at the B&M stores here and no gold too!!! not a good day

• DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I have seen 1 lonely Maple leaf for $20.....I passed.
    Becky
  • MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All the silver and gold you want is available..........at market price. If you want to buy at the phony futures market prices they you will be out of luck. Why should any dealer or anyone else sell silver at 14 and ounce when they can get 19 on Ebay.

Forget KITCO.

The real price is on Ebay, Bullion Direct and other buyer to seller locations where trades are ACTUALLY being closed. If you want to buy Gold or silver then PM me, I have silver eagles, gold eagles, 100 oz, 90% and Krugs I can sell. Of course I won't sell for less than I can get from Ebay just like you wouldn't.

There are no free lunches or "discounted" PM sales. >>

What He Said!.. very well put. I dont see many people selling HERE period let alone at 9x face, 13.50 per oz or $16.00 per ASE.image

BTW if you are let me know!!!image
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    From Teletrade Direct:

1 oz. Silver 2008 Vancouver Olympics
    Qty 1-9: $14.80 ea.
    Qty 10-49: $14.73 ea.
    Qty 50+: $14.51 ea.

1 oz. Gold 2008 Vancouver Olympics
    Qty 1-9: $928.10 ea.
    Qty 10-49: $923.52 ea.
    Qty 50+: $918.95 ea

Regards, John

Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
    people were dumping their silver? Why????

Teletrade has some great prices!!

• << <i>people were dumping their silver? Why???? >>

Because during a recession silver should drop.... Industrial metals should all drop...

Then again, no one has been able to figure the markets out anymore.. The fundamentals are gone..
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>people were dumping their silver? Why???? >>

Because during a recession silver should drop.... Industrial metals should all drop...

Then again, no one has been able to figure the markets out anymore.. The fundamentals are gone.. >>

But are we in a recession, a depression, 70's style stagflation, or just another economic crisis that we will buy our way out of by printing more worthless currency?

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
    Inflation affects the prices of just about everything though. And since silver is often mined as a by-product, production for silver will fall as the production of other metals falls (and the costs of mining those materials rises). The demand and supply of silver are tight. In a recession industrial demand for silver may fall, but as already discussed, production will also fall. And industrial applications for silver also keep expanding (new uses).

You also can't ignore the fact that silver is gold's affordable little brother. If gold ever takes off, silver will follow simply because investors will see and embrace silver as an alternative to gold as the price of gold rises. The biggest downside to silver as an investment is its size and bulk.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I purchased some 100 oz englehardt bars with deferred delivery. What can ya do?

On the other hand a customer is meeting me on thursday to sell me a few 100 oz bars and I'm tickled to get them image