Home Precious Metals
Options

Is $8 over spot for 1oz 2008 silver pandas a decent deal?

Dealer had about 25, I bought 5 @ $21.50 each and wondering if I should have bought more.

Comments

• Options
    For 21.50 each I'd be glad to sell you 1 oz silver eagles. I assume you want silver cause I see no "scarcity premium" for bullion Panda coins.
  • Options
    When I say pandas I mean PANDAS. I'm sure you'd sell me generic rounds also. Could someone that knows reply, Thanks.
  • Options
    Just PM gecko109 he is the Panda guy... At least for Gold Pandas.. I have noticed they do carry
    a higher premium than ASEs and Maples. I'm not sure about the 8 bucks but that would be close.

A search of closed Ebay auctions has helped me in the past find a general value..

James
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    A very "decent" deal for the seller.

And, a fine deal for the buyer, if the buyer is happy.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I figured probably close and not cheap, no need to buy more but if you think that's high I just paid $45 for a 1oz silver 2009 Kangaroo.
  • Options
    just paid $45 for a 1oz silver 2009 Kangaroo

didn't realize they were out already. i better go have a look.
  • Options
    am i seeing things or does that coin come brand new with a hole in it? image
  • Options
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck...I paid $31 + shipping ... for: The 2008 UK Britannia One Ounce Silver Bullion £2

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Just got a chance to check ebay ended auctions for 2008 pandas and $21.50 is an ok deal (most sell for more plus shipping) but not a great deal.

The 2009 Kangaroos are out and there's a guy on ebay selling them although I purchased mine from a dealer in Australia for AU $56ppd came to about $45US. Mintage is only 20K. That does look like a hole in that pic but it's not.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those kangaroos, pandas, britannias', etc. I've bought a few of each from APMEX over the years just for the novelty of having them. Really beautiful looking coins. Congrats on your purchases.image
  • Options
    GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    I think wholesale on them is like +6 or +7 so plus 8 retail is fine