Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver Bar selling for 30 an ounce!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    I just sold 7 of those for a bit over a dollar an ounce over spot.

That's just absurd. $9 for shipping and no insurance allowed?

eBay bidders are whacked!

Basides, I'd never bid on anythng from a seller with that low of feedback.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    heh. things are going well for ebay silver sellers. i can only hope i get
    a few kooks like that!

deadhorse, i will have you know that the norm for such bars is 80+
    dollars. i rarely see one go over 100+. That ebay auction is a new
    high to me. Never saw one go for that much before.
  • Options
    And to think I bought one a few weeks ago from SilverEagles92 for 65 dollars....
  • Options

<< <i>deadhorse, i will have you know that the norm for such bars is 80+
    dollars. i rarely see one go over 100+. That ebay auction is a new
    high to me. Never saw one go for that much before. >>

I'm sure you're right.

I don't follow eBay silver sales, save for a few links to them.

I do know that eBay bidders often pay way too much for precious metals and have done so for many years.

Could be that silver is becoming rarer and rarer on the Bay, that could explain it.

17 bidders with 29 bids, that's amazing to me right there. Still 18+ hours to go.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
  • Options
    Here's a similar BIN for $130. Reasonable shipping and insurance available.

eBay link

Makes me think I should sell on the Bay............. nah! Don't have the time and I don't need the hassles.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check eBay, rolls of *any date* silver eagles are going tonight for around $400 plus shipping. That's $20 per coin!

Plus sales of bullion buffalo gold has been "temporarily" suspended.

Link

There's serious demand for physical bullion.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    this is crazy, ebay bidders are nuts!!!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Well, it is shiny after all.
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Hey the seller says silver is expected to $30 AN OUNCE..................................................image
  • Options

<< <i>Hey the seller says silver is expected to $30 AN OUNCE >>

He's right about that, but he's making up the "expected" part to hype his auction.

I'd like to know his source for this.
  • Options
    Well I guess the seller can now quote his own auction for $30/oz figure.