Home Precious Metals

Comments

• adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    LINK

<< <i>"BAR SAYS 5 OUNCES BUT WEIGHS 5.5 OUNCES

I BELIEVE THAT COMES TO 6.05 TROY OUNCES" >>

Hm.

I get the first bit. It weighs 5 ounces. That would be the weight in troy ounces.

I get the second bit. On your kitchen scale, it's going to say 5.5 ounces of avoirdupois weight.

Unfortunately, I don't understand the intellectual leap of the third bit. Where did 6.05 come from? We were doing great up 'til that point.

• She took the normal ounce weight of 5.5 ounces and converted 5.5 troy ounces to 6.05 ounces. image I sent her an email and advised her:

Hello,
    I believe there is an error on the stated weight. Englehard is known to be very accurate in weighing their product also when silver bars are marked 5 oz they are refering to troy ounces already. If you take the 5.5 ounces that you weighed and convert it to troy(ounce to troy ounce) you get 5oz. 5.5 regular ounces = 5 troy ounces. This is only a 5 oz bar.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Ebay member for a month. 0 feedback. I guess everyone starts somewhere. (just not with my money )
    Molon Labe
  • Got a response from the seller:

Dear metalman109,

I have to thank you for correcting us. My daughter thought it said 5 ounces, but it say's 5 T.Ounces which is indeed 5.5. I had to end it and relist it with the correct information.THANKS !

- littlegirl51

Hmmmm....I wonder if they get it right on the relist?
  • Looks like I won't have to pull out the Caped Crusader on this one....image

• << <i>Got a response from the seller:

Dear metalman109,

I have to thank you for correcting us. My daughter thought it said 5 ounces, but it say's 5 T.Ounces which is indeed 5.5. I had to end it and relist it with the correct information.THANKS !

- littlegirl51

Hmmmm....I wonder if they get it right on the relist? >>

I sent her an eBay note as well. She didn't respond to me. Perhaps she got enough of them that she realized she was the one who was wrong.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff

• << <i>Got a response from the seller:

Dear metalman109,

- littlegirl51

Hmmmm....I wonder if they get it right on the relist? >>

Simular to the response I received:

You are right. My daughter thought it said 5 ounces, but it said 5 T.ounces.I had to relist it with the correct information. SORRY & Thank you for the heads up

Obviously this girl is convinced that this weighs 5.5 ounces, it's back up.

Back up at 5.5 ounces