Home Precious Metals

Boys, its getting tough to find Gold on EBay & BST

Just my observations:

There is NOTHING for sale on BST, No Gold!

When I see Mitch 'shaking the trees' on the BST for AGE's I know its getting tight.

On EBay, finding a graded $50 Gold Coin or even a raw Eagle, $50 Gold Buff, 1 Troy Oz.Krug or $50 Gold Maple for under $975 delivered is down right impossible.

Delivered, everything is almost $1,000 and the numebr of listings is down.....

Comments

• adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Notice how Apmex has pretty much been stripped of silver off and on for the past few weeks. They have ASEs right now, but I wonder for how long.

I'm not certain if they ever ran out of those Philharmonic coins. Those seem to have one of the ugliest designs ever made. I do not like wide-angle distorted string instruments. Bizarre.

Apmex has as much gold as you want to eat and it's within your price range.

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    ebays silver prices are just crazy.........waay too high for me.

I guess everyone is holding onto their silver! I mean just about a month ago it wasn't like this. People were selling silver and all the stores in my area were only charging 75 cents above spot. Now they are charging 2-3 above spot!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
    oh yeah when silver is up for sale, within minutes its sold. very frustrating!

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been buying up a few junk silver lots here and there, they do go w/in minutes. Sometimes I'm just the lucky one that sends the first PM! Gold on the other hand can still be found and doesn't seem to move nearly as quickly. Or doesn't move at all if it has a former first lady on it image
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    "nobody's got nothin' anymore

even them silver war nickels are sellin'
  • CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    When prices are volatile dealers do not want to hold inventories, and they increase their spreads to account for the risk and any associated hedging costs.

CG
  • jdimmick sold a 1oz Gold Panda for 900 delivered.... That took a whole 25 minutes.

That wouldn't include the PMs sent without a post to the thread...

Right place at the right time.....

• << <i>ebays silver prices are just crazy.........waay too high for me.

I guess everyone is holding onto their silver! I mean just about a month ago it wasn't like this. People were selling silver and all the stores in my area were only charging 75 cents above spot. Now they are charging 2-3 above spot! >>

You missed the good old days.

B&M shops around here used to charge 15 to 25 cents over spot depending on the size of the bar/rounds.

Silver Eagles have always had a premium, but now they are absurd. Used to be around 50 cents on older ones and 75 cents on the current years. Less in full rolls.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
    wow thats really crazy Deadhorse!!! I wish I was around buying silver during the time period you were talking about!

• << <i>wow thats really crazy Deadhorse!!! I wish I was around buying silver during the time period you were talking about! >>

It wasn't that long ago, 4-5 years at most.

Ebay was still higher though, eBay bidders were crazy even back then.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>wow thats really crazy Deadhorse!!! I wish I was around buying silver during the time period you were talking about! >>

It wasn't that long ago, 4-5 years at most.

Ebay was still higher though, eBay bidders were crazy even back then. >>

lets hope so. i am counting on it ;-)
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, ye of little faith. The intrepid ones will find nice goodies on the BST and scarf them before anybody else gets them.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • jdimmick just listed an AGE for 900 shipped....image
    in like 1 minute.....

• Those who hold bullion know the prices on COMEX are pure manipulation. A couple of major banks have sold huge short positions to push down the price at the command of the FED and show that the dollar is strong and PMs are not a good alternative. They might take a loss but its part of the price they pay for thier FED fixes. Read some Ted Butler articles and GATA..

I recently sold 2 rolls of silver eagle at 7 bucks over spot on Ebay within 24 hours. A silver or gold default on COMEX deliveries in the next year is a real possibility. Most likely they will change rules in a way that requires long positions to sell and bail out thier short parties.

In the end the only way to avoid these manipulated market ripoffs is to hold the physical. The public is wiseing up.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up this PCGS MS63 1922 Saint on Ebay last night with 8% cash back for a total price of $1058. Did I do OK? I think it was a pretty decent snag since most BIN's are pretty high priced.

Link
    proofcollection, I think you did great!

Also nice doing business with you, you are a great seller.

• RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    It's all about the metals and treasury bonds. I would assume that people are waiting it out, hoping that precious metals climb a few more dollars before they release their death grip on all of those gold and silver coins.
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • so is this a good time to sell my silverware collection lol.