Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone here like the Engelhard Prospector rounds?

mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, I know were to get some 1 ounce Engelhard Prospector rounds.....do they carry a premium like the Engelhard bars or ???

Mike
Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Comments

• Options
    konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    A shop owner ask me this morning if I had any of those when I brought a bunch of rounds in for trade, so they probably have a small premium.
  • Options
    I bought 10 off the BST for melt. And within the 4 days they took to get here I had already lost 25 dollars...image

I think they SUCK.....image
  • Options
    thanks for the answer guys! Just trying to see if anything marked Engelhard might have extra value and might be worth it for me to pick up.

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey guys, I know were to get some 1 ounce Engelhard Prospector rounds.....do they carry a premium like the Engelhard bars or ???

Mike >>

They are as good as any other name/generic rounds. The ENGELHARD brand name can never hurt. Bottom line here is.....price you can get them for. If near spot....go for it...if there is a hefty premium.....remember...you can easily say...no thanks and walk away.....sometimes it is good to penny-pinch and to let a seller know you can turn and walk away.

So base it on your gut feeling...and of course.....the current price of silver.image

RAH1959
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do not charge extra for them vs. other silver rounds when we happen to buy them in over the counter, but they do always sell fast.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Does Juno Alaska really close on Sundays?? If so, I am soooo moving there when the kiddos leave the nest..image
  • Options
    thanks Cpt Henway. That saved me some money.

As always gotta thank this board! Some very nice and helpful individuals! image

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does Juno Alaska really close on Sundays?? If so, I am soooo moving there when the kiddos leave the nest..image >>

We had to walk about eight blocks up from the waterfront before we could find a place that was open for lunch. Everything by the capital was closed.
    The salmon was excellent!
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i have been watching ebay and the premiums paid for engelhard
    rounds is very wild. a few auctions they fetch a very nice premium and
    the next they are selling the same as a santa claus .999 fine rounds.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Does Juno Alaska really close on Sundays?? If so, I am soooo moving there when the kiddos leave the nest..image >>

We had to walk about eight blocks up from the waterfront before we could find a place that was open for lunch. Everything by the capital was closed.
    The salmon was excellent!
    TD >>

I am so moving there when i'm old....image I love the cold. I love the darkness... I love smoked salmon...

sounds like my place to be....image
  • Options
    I've got two 5 gallon buckets of them. 500 in each bucket.

They are nice and seem to go fast but I paid no premium for them. Actually, I bought them at 100 ounce bar spreads back in the good old days.

Closed on Sundays sounds like the old "Blue Laws". It was like that in Houston Texas until the early eighties.

Some parts of the country still have them.

They were started originally as part of religeous beliefs, no business on Sundays. A long time ago the entire country was like that.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff