Home Precious Metals
Options

Quick question about Canadian Silver maples leaf coins

mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
Guys, just a simple question

Did the silver maples originally come in shrinkwrapped packages or as loose coins? I've seen people on ebay selling ones in rolls that they say are unopened and then ones that are wrapped in some kind of package.

Thanks
Mike
Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Comments

• Options
    I have seen them in long plastic ribbons....in thick plastic pouches and in tubes....All from the Canadian mint.
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    thanks a bunch silverbaron!

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Just remember when bidding on an un-opened roll of maples, they come in tubes of 25.. Not 20 like the ASEs
  • Options
    ooooh, good tip cinman! Thanks, really appreciate your advice.

• Options

<< <i>ooooh, good tip cinman! Thanks, really appreciate your advice. >>

Cinman is a good guy......always willing to help.....and has very much knowledge in the dark world of silver hoarders......

.....and BTW Cinman.........that icon makes me laugh everytime I see it....do not change it!imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

EVER!
  • Options

<< <i>.....and BTW Cinman.........that icon makes me laugh everytime I see it....do not change it >>

I will use it until some higher authority deletes it like my Jesus icon.. One day I had Jesus.

The next minute I was promoting a Wheat penny.....imageimageimage

• Options
    I have bought them as a sheet of 10
    2001 was the year
  • Options
    jamakin, yeah I've seen them in the sheets as well. I guess perhaps in small quantities they sell them in sheets and large quantities they are loose in the roll holders?

• Options
    Ooopppsss... nothing here.. image
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    Any of you guys see canadian maples for sale in your area? If so, whats the price?

Mike

• Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    I sold 5 lots of 20 each on ebay over the last 2 weeks and got $310 to $320 for each 20 lot, plus $10 shipping.

• Options

<< <i>I sold 5 lots of 20 each on ebay over the last 2 weeks and got $310 to $320 for each 20 lot, plus $10 shipping. >>

You did well. They used to carry a premium but no more, same with gold Maple leafs.

I've seen them in ribbons, sheets and rolls as well.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff