Home U.S. Coin Forum

What is the best sniper service?

For price, reliability, lowest time left bids (<4 seconds left), security, ease of use?

Comments

• I've been using esnipe for about 2months. The first 14/15 days they give you unlimited snipes. After that you pay a small fee for items you win. I like it so far, and have had no problems with it yet.
  • ouch more fees. i didn't think about that, do any good ones do flat rate?

• << <i>ouch more fees. i didn't think about that, do any good ones do flat rate? >>

I would be interested in that as well.
  • mashmash Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    esnipe only takes 1%.
    Buying uncut sheets and 1914 stars! message me
  • I wonder if there are programs that you can run off your own computer, that you can just buy and be done with it?
  • determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭
    I highly recommend GIXEN.

They have a free service but the number of seconds that your bid is placed before the end of the auction is set at 6 seconds.

But, if you pay a ONE TIME ONLY, lifetime fee of $6, you have the choice of 3, 6, 8, 10 seconds before the end of the auction when your bid is placed. And if you pay the $6, your bids are backed up on another server in a different city in case there would be a problem with their main server.

There's no software to install. Just go to their site, sign in with your eBay ID and password, and enter the eBay item # and your bid.

It couldn't be more simple. And for a lifetime fee of $6 it couldn't be cheaper. Well actually it could, you could just use their free service. image

Here's their comparisons with other snipe services.

I've been using it for about a year without any issues.
    I collect history in the form of coins.
  • I use Auction Sentry. A stand alone program, no service. Free Download and trial snipes. Not a high price for regestering your copy. I don't remember exactlly what it was. but not to high. Has worked well for me, but I haven't bid on anything for a while.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?

• << <i>I use Auction Sentry. A stand alone program, no service. Free Download and trial snipes. Not a high price for regestering your copy. I don't remember exactlly what it was. but not to high. Has worked well for me, but I haven't bid on anything for a while. >>

I've used Auction-Sentry since it First came out years ago and it never failed me. Highly Recommend it. Here's a Link That says Free Trial for this Program. Ray in Florida.. Auction-Sentry Link
  • I use Gavelsnipe. It is free and you can use it on multiple ebay items and it also will snipe Heritage auction items. www.Gavelsnipe.com.
    Gary
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantombidder

Flat rate or buy snipes

3 Seconds

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For price, reliability, lowest time left bids (<4 seconds left), security, ease of use? >>

Best snipe service that I've used over the years & it does not cost me a dime is: ... me, myself & I.
    A) You need high speed internet service
    B) Synchronize you watch to eBay time.
    C) Place your bid with less than 5 seconds remaining. ( it takes the system about 2 seconds to respond to your bid )

It will beat any snipe program out there.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • I have never had vrane.com fail me. Only one at a time free but thats all I need. (hit the "public" link on the website)
  • VamGuyVamGuy Posts: 1,624
    Almost all of the sniping programs have cheerleaders. Two main issues are whether you go with internet based or downloaded. If it's downloaded, your machine needs to be online 24/7 for the snipes. I don't recommend download.

The real bottom line is if you do a lot of higher dollar snipes, you want to go with a flat rate payment rather than a pay per win.

I have used both Auction Sniper and Phantom Bidder successfully over the last few years.

AS is a 1% per win fee based program. On Phantom I pay $90 per YEAR for unlimited snipes, $7.50 per month. I often do a few thousand dollars a month in sniping, so I use Phantom Bidder. In fact I just logged on to my AS account and saw that I still had a balance from last year. I set a single snipe for $840. I won, it cost me $8.40 to snipe one item. Compare that to $7.50 per month for unlimited wins on Phantom Bidder.

The good programs snipe from 3 different servers so you'll never miss a snipe.

As far as sniping things yourself goes, if you don't have a life, it's perfect. image You're also sniping from one location. One minor glitch and you missed the snipe. Example: Auction closes at 11:00pm Pacific. You live east coast. So you got up at 1:55 in the morning, accidently miss the snipe for any number of reasons, and you have to try to go back to sleep at 2:00am pissed off about missing the snipe. As much fun as that sounds, I'll go ahead and pass on that. image

If you don't want to be chained to your computer everytime you want to snipe something, go with a service, you'll be glad you did.
  • I agree with the "Have a life" group. I like to set my bids and come back whenever and see how I did. Auction Sentry has worked great for me. image
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I've been using GIXEN. It's free and easy.
    Becky
  • Why snipe? Why not just your highest offer your willing to make and let it run?

Honest question from one who has never sniped or played in the big dollar league.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As far as sniping things yourself goes, if you don't have a life, it's perfect. >>

That may be true if you do a lot of buying, but for the occasional bidder, which are most of us, a sniping program is not cost effective.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why snipe? Why not just your highest offer your willing to make and let it run? >>

One word answer "Shills"

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPA is correct.... Self-sniping is best... and gives a bit of excitement as well. I have NEVER lost an item I really wanted.. I bid in the last five seconds - and win. Of course, I do not buy 20 items a day either... but when I do purchase, I want what I want..... image Cheers, RickO
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used esnipe for I guess maybe three years or so now. Paid 'em like fifteen bucks when I joined up, have used 'em all this time on the stuff I am serious about bidding on, and I still have "bid points" left, apparently. It was a worthy fifteen-dollar investment.

Dunno about the others, but I have never had a problem with esnipe. Works for me.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I do the sniping my self. Granted sometimes I lose out, the other times I get a screaming deal.

I wait until the last 30seconds, type my bid in, count down to 5, then hit enter. Almost every coin I really wanted I have been lucky enough to get.
    Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • rpwrpw Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Why snipe? Why not just your highest offer your willing to make and let it run?

That makes sense most of the time but every now and then (maybe twice a year) something comes up that you must have and price is not much of an object. Only a sniping service can let you "nuke" it in the last seconds and other bidders cannot run the price up on you. I watched a bidder manually try to bid against a nuke of mine last week and he failed miserably.
    imageimage Small Size National Bank Note Type Set $5-$100
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    I would never give my ebay password to a third party company, especially one offering to do a service for me "for free."
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    My vote is esnipe
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Not sure how many times a week you bid but http://www.justsnipe.com/ gives you 5 free snipes a week or unlimited for $5 a month, I have used it dozens of times and it has never failed to place my bids. Most of the time it ends up placing my bid twice so I believe they use two different servers to make sure your bid goes thru. You cannot set the time you want if you use the free service, it automatically places bids at 8 seconds. I have used it for almost a year and have not had any problems.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    these guys are pretty good too

• BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I'm with rpw. On occasion I like to drop money bomb snipe that I don't really want to pay full bid, but would if I have to so a snipe works best so other bidders/shillers won't run it up on me. I usually do my own snipes, but if I can't be around the computer at auction end the sniper service is nice. I use auctionsniper.com. Have used them for about five years with no problems.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have never had vrane.com fail me. Only one at a time free but thats all I need. (hit the "public" link on the website) >>

Same here. I have used it for over five years, never failed me once!

TC71
  • dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Until I get cursed with seconds to go with, "Sorry this page cannot be displayed", I do it the old fashion way.image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why snipe? Why not just your highest offer your willing to make and let it run?

Honest question from one who has never sniped or played in the big dollar league. >>

Has saved me a lot of money and I don't overpay due to the "excitement" factor.
    Commonly know as auction fever.

What other reason do you need.

OH...And I don't forget to bid and can do other things like sleep or do things with the family and not worry about it.
  • determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would never give my ebay password to a third party company, especially one offering to do a service for me "for free." >>

Of course not. Especially to a site you know nothing about. That's just common sense.

But I assume you're referring to my post about GIXEN. GIXEN is a reputable site/service. It has a large user base and no one has ever reported any problems. And it has been in operation a couple years.

GIXEN does NOT harvest your info!
    I collect history in the form of coins.
  • Does it really matter if your snipe time is set to 3 seconds or 8 seconds? Even at 8 seconds does someone really have time to change their bid by the time their program recognizes the bid before the auction ends?

I use Baygenie.
    Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin

• << <i>

<< <i>For price, reliability, lowest time left bids (<4 seconds left), security, ease of use? >>

Best snipe service that I've used over the years & it does not cost me a dime is: ... me, myself & I.
    A) You need high speed internet service
    B) Synchronize you watch to eBay time.
    C) Place your bid with less than 5 seconds remaining. ( it takes the system about 2 seconds to respond to your bid )

It will beat any snipe program out there.image >>

Same here. I once had a winning bid that registered at the same second the auction ended. Don't ask me how it didn't reject it. I was surprised the other bidders didn't complain.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • I still like the stand alone "Auction Sentry", true I have to leave my machine on, but it is only connected to the net as much as any cable modem is with NO software running. Auction Sentry connects to place the bid, and disconnects when completed.

If I placed many bids/month, maybe I would want a service but bidding on a few auctions now and then, a service is unnecessary.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file