Home Precious Metals

What is the best method to buy silver at the best price?

When I mean best price I mean closest to melt at that particular moment. What is the best company or is it best to buy silver "certificates."(stock whatever it is called)
Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin

Comments

• cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    I prefer to hold the real stuff. The best place so far has been apmex. They have 100 to 1000 face bags for close to melt.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First try to find someone willing to sell there 90% dollars, at 9.8x face.

All the B&Ms I hit today, were vacant of silver and gold.

No quantity for sale, yeah one or two, I'm looking for rolls of 90% dollars.

I had no problems buying them when silver was at $16.

Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>First try to find someone willing to sell there 90% dollars, at 9.8x face.

All the B&Ms I hit today, were vacant of silver and gold.

No quantity for sale, yeah one or two, I'm looking for rolls of 90% dollars.

I had no problems buying them when silver was at $16.

Scott >>

Dollars always sell at a premium the silver content. The spreads are too high for a metals maven. Stick to circ 90%.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I prefer to hold the real stuff. The best place so far has been apmex. They have 100 to 1000 face bags for close to melt. >>

Assuming that they bought it, paid for it and have it in the vault what do you suppose the have in it.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I prefer to hold the real stuff. The best place so far has been apmex. They have 100 to 1000 face bags for close to melt. >>

Assuming that they bought it, paid for it and have it in the vault what do you suppose the have in it. >>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In my experience, LARGE market-makers seldom base their willingness
    to sell on cost vs. replacement-cost. They WILL, in some cases, try to
    recapture price-slip-losses by lowering their buy prices a bit.

SMALL vendors will often hold back merch that they "overpaid" for.
    If prices continue to fall, they simply merge what their holding with
    their new buys and start the math anew.

In a soaring market, even LARGE MMs take their buy-prices floorward.
    In 1980, when the boards were saying $35 to $50, smart MMs were
    NOT paying anywhere near those numbers. The little retail guys got
    stuck with most of the high-priced stuff.........NOT the MMs.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    Find some silver newbie that bought at $18 to $20 with visions of a quick six month profit, who now wants to get out at any price. That will be an excellent time and way to buy. If the newbie wants a lot more than melt, or is now holding for the long term, or is doubling up his/her mistake, odds favor lower prices and it isn't a low risk time to get in.
  • BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    image\

APMEX was offering Morgan & Peace $ culls $14.89 couple days ago. Probably a better deal than
    most...if they still have any...
  • APMEX also is selling 1947-1948 Mexican 5 Peso with Cuauhtemoc's Face on it. .8681oz

I checked earlier at 13.21/13.26 and they were selling for $14.00. Buy a 100 they were $13

The description says XF to Uncirculated.

• Apmex has 3- 100.00 face bags of circ .50 walkers @ 10.23 x face approximately 11:55 p.m. pst
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Apmex has 3- 100.00 face bags of circ .50 walkers @ 10.23 x face approximately 11:55 p.m. pst >>

Not anymore .... Sell Price: $125.02
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Advertise on the BST that you are buying all kinds of silver coinage or bullion at current melt. You never know when there is someone that needs to sell quick.
  • Cuauhtemocs are gone.