Home U.S. Coin Forum

On August 28th, First Spouse Jackson's Liberty ½ oz. Gold Coins go on sale at the Mint..whos's buyin

13»

Comments

• adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NN reports, that as of 9/2
    Jackson First Spouse totals are 3,159 proof and 1,935 uncirculated sold. >>

Wow, much much lower than I would have predicted. I guess there are a few folks out there that don't like to pay 50%+ over spot for these coins!!!! I'm one of the suckers that paid up now. Now I sort of hope that mintage stays low image But, if the mint ever lowers the price on this coin, regardless of what happens with the price of gold, I won't be too happy image

<< <i>Has anyone else noticed that the "ship by" date on the spouse coins has been slipping. As each day passes, the ship date also slips. Now, it's up to September 19th. >>

Weird. I think it was 9/12 ship date when I placed my order. Just checked my order history and it now says 9/20!!! I guess it's always going to ship 2 weeks from now since it keeps going up each day... ????

I wonder if it has anything to do with the following message on the Mint website, even though the dates are earlier than 9/20:

"No Expedited Shipping 9/5/08 - 9/14/08

Due to the United States Mint’s annual inventory, expedited shipping will not be available for orders placed from September 5 through September 14, 2008. This includes complimentary expedited shipping on orders over $300 and on orders containing gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles. Expedited shipping will be available again for orders placed on or after September 15, 2008. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    If the mint fails to ship these by 9/28 then no pcgs 1st strike ones?
  • SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the mint fails to ship these by 9/28 then no pcgs 1st strike ones? >>

First Strike deadline will be 30 days from the initital ship date. Earliest seems to be 9/15.
    The clock has not started ticking on these yet.
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    NN reports first sales figures as 3159 proof and 1935 unc. A little lower than I'd guessed, but sure to surpass the Louisa and Monroe.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Status changed to "In stock and reserved" whatever that means. image
    All 4 of mine are now "in stock and reserved" as well. Maybe they'll wait another week or so now before shipping though given this on their website:

Due to the United States Mint’s annual inventory, expedited shipping will not be available for orders placed from September 5 through September 14, 2008. This includes complimentary expedited shipping on orders over $300 and on orders containing gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles. Expedited shipping will be available again for orders placed on or after September 15, 2008. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Not too cool in my opinion... especially given the cost of these...
  • It's obvious to me that majority of these are now being minted to order pure, plain and simple! image
    Audentes fortuna juvat
  • I have not received my latest purchase of the Jackson first spouse. My order went in at around 12:15 pm on the first day. Has ANYONE received one yet????

Ships are safe in harbor but thats not what ships were built for.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All 4 of mine are now "in stock and reserved" as well. Maybe they'll wait another week or so now before shipping though given this on their website:

Not too cool in my opinion... especially given the cost of these... >>

It says: "not be available for orders placed from September 5 through September 14, 2008"

If you ordered the first day, August 28th, you're good.

• IS anyone hitting the cancel button ? Gold has taked a dive sence these went on sell,my cancel button left last week then came back today,i really want these coins BUT !!!!!! , they are getting very pricey by the day!!!!
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>IS anyone hitting the cancel button ? Gold has taked a dive sence these went on sell,my cancel button left last week then came back today,i really want these coins BUT !!!!!! , they are getting very pricey by the day!!!! >>

you will still be able to return them win 30 days of their ship date on the order form.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest NN stats..(9/11) sold
    unc...........2198
    proof........3563

increase of approx 700 over last week
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Looks like they are available at the mint once again, rather than slated for shipping at a future date.

I placed an order on August 28th for one of these and it has not shipped yet. I also placed an order on August 27th for a few other things and it just shipped today, by UPS unfortunately.

I will have some time to wait before the 2008 silver proof set and Jackson Liberty are in my hands.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file