Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone figure out who that Musca guy was?

I dont really want to pour salt in the wounds, but I remember the thread and am just curious if anyone got their money/coins back?

With all the talk of the issues on ebay, I figure why not see if the issue here was resolved.

I was not part of the group that lost money/coins, nor do I know the poster that this was centered around. Just nosey I guess.image
Looking for Au Classic Commems...
Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image

Comments

• Options
    ttt

• Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    imageimage
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Did not follow it after the first couple hundred replies. Not sure what happened.

Insert Popcorn.
  • Options
    No, not at all. Im just curious if some of the victims here were compensated and this guy caught. With all the ebay scammers and credit cards scammers we try to weed out, why not discuss when it happens here. By all means Im not trying to upset anyone that is involved with this, its the same reasons we all love to read CW or here. We enjoy our hobby. When someone does something like this, we should know what happened. I know I wouldnt want this to happen to me.

I hope this clears that up abit.

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    i remember this thread. it was buzzing with members getting stiffed and then the thread went silent.

then the stiffed fell silent image

whats up with that???
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    ?
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he showed back up and everything was ok? I could very possibly be wrong.

I dont think he ever posted here but got back in touch with the buyers.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    (my previous post no longer applies.)

• Options
    Actually...I was the OP of that thread...towards the end of the thread, I and a few others did come back to say that PP found in our favor... one of the folks did get their $ back from PP... the rest of us had to file with our CC companies to get our $...

I did post to that thread that I got my $ back thru my CC company...

I have no idea if they or PP went after Musca or his "girlfiend/wife" whose name the PP acct was under...I guess we may never know due to privacy policies and such,,,

Thru a phone call with a PP rep I did gather that the chargebacks were levied against the sellers acct...

I also recently checked Musca's profile and he has not been back on the forum since this all began back in May...

edited for spelling...also to add...he never showed back up but did reply to one email from one of the victims to basically say "too bad!"...
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    How could that scumbag ever show his face around these parts again. What he did was steal from people, pure and simple!
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically I have a bad memory and ignore me. image
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    Just did a search for the original thread...apparently something in there offended Carol cause the thread was nuked...

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    Thats why I asked in the op. I wasnt trying to rehash anything for any of you guys, I was just curious what happened because it happened here.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won my PayPal dispute very easily since "Musca" never responed to PayPal during their investigation. Called my credit card company and they immediately gave me a temporary credit for the $1725 "Musca" ripped off. The credit card refund was made permanent after their 10-14 day or so investigation w/ PayPal.

Hope everyone got their money back as well.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he died?
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't figure it out, but I got my money back from my credit card company so I didn't press the matter. I would seriously that his death was the reason for all of the deals gone bad as I know at least one person had some contact with him after the deals went bad.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just did a search for the original thread...apparently something in there offended Carol cause the thread was nuked...

image >>

Wasn't this the guy who had his street address, aerial shots and Google Earth street views of his residence? If it was, the host would invaribably have to pull the post.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file