Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just read the full history of the Carson City Mint...

dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
...and I sure can see why "cc" coins are so coveted by collectors. The romance and mystique of that time period and that era sure makes "cc" coins a cut above the rest in terms of historical significance and just simply mysteriously cool.image
image...There's always time for coin collecting. image

Comments

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    You need to keep reading about other mints if you want to really see "historical significance and just simply mysteriously cool".image
  • Options
    Cool time and place in history but, what really makes the Carson City coins a cut above the rest (in most cases) is the rarity.

BTW: do you have a link to the story?
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool time and place in history but, what really makes the Carson City coins a cut above the rest (in most cases) is the rarity.

BTW: do you have a link to the story? >>

I actually bought a book on it today at Barnes & Noble bookstore. It does also talk about about the history of the other Mints so I will certainly be learning a lot more about them as well.
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    firstmintfirstmint Posts: 1,171
    Since you don't mention the title, but you do mention that it discusses other Mints, it must not be the 536 page standard reference about the Carson City Mint written by Rusty Goe in 2004, titled "The Mint on Carson Street".
    PM me if you are looking for U.S. auction catalogs
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the CC club.....just a bunch of us that like the CC mintmark for whatever their reason.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    OldnewbieOldnewbie Posts: 1,425 ✭✭
    My father poured the concrete that encapsulates the time capsule in front of the old mint. I grew up running around the joint. It's why I'm a CC freak. image
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was born in Carson City, my grandmother owned property on an abandoned silver & turquoise mine in the late 70's. As kids, we would go there, have lunch or whatever and search for silver, turquoise, obsidian, arrowheads, pan for gold, chase lizards and avoid rattlesnakes. Some of my fondest memories, I'm a hopeless Carson City just about anything collector. image
  • Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just like the coins, the mint and the history.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file