Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official Albert Pujols Triple Crown Thread...

Comments

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Truly sad. >>

no what is truly sad is that you are a pete rose fan...the guy came the closest to ruining baseball...he is a degenerate, a tax cheat, and he bet against his team, AND HE IS BANNED FOR BASEBALL FOR LIFE!!!!! what does that say about YOU? that is sad...

PS.. all you need to see is " sorry i shot JFK" signed ball to know about his character (and yours)

Pujols is the 180 degree opposite of Rose, and i am Proud to be a Fan of His! >>

Now there's a mature response. I see you're down to 6 !'s. Must not have had your wheaties this morning.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Pujols is the 180 degree opposite of Rose, and i am Proud to be a Fan of His!

For your sake I truly hope Pujols never has ANY problems. He is young so plenty of time to burst your bubble that he is near perfect in all facets of life though. If he ever has a problem with the law, proven to have used steroids, etc... the "Official Abuse Fandango" thread will be active.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Pujols is the 180 degree opposite of Rose, and i am Proud to be a Fan of His!

For your sake I truly hope Pujols never has ANY problems. He is young so plenty of time to burst your bubble that he is near perfect in all facets of life though. If he ever has a problem with the law, proven to have used steroids, etc... the "Official Abuse Fandango" thread will be active. >>

TRUE i agree, But until that day LAY OFF...
  • Options
    God forbid Pujols goes on the DL or gets a DUI. We may wind up reading about Fandango in the obits. Being a fan is one thing, but this kid is out there LOL

Fandango, the difference between you and I and the players we like, is that I know my guy is a loser as a person (great player). I make no excuses for him and I make no exaggerations towards his failures or successes. What he did on the field is what matters to me.

You my friend are seriously dillusional and quite immature. Those are simple observations from your replies and posts. There really is no need for the name calling and no need for your post to get personal.

However, since you want to go down that road lol You've now forced me to sit here and hope that Pujols goes on the DL. image I'm going to root for him to have season ending injury just for you image So here's to some bad juju for Pujols.
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options
    For the record, Pujols does not drink. That is well known here in the St Louis area. Like his wife said, it was such a shock when they met that he did not drink or do drugs, and was a good guy who liked to have clean fun. She said that was rare for teenage guys to not have interest in doing that stuff. She said his passion was baseball, and she found that very admireable.

You know what's funny, Pujols would not want anyone to think he is perfect, and the obsession fandango has is not what Albert Pujols wants from people. I say this based on my personal interactions with him. I have met Albert numerous times, because my aunt has down syndrome, and she is involved with The Pujols Family Foundation.

Albert Pujols is a great guy, but he is just like all of us, he is human. This is what I have heard him say. Albert helps alot of people, and loves God and Jesus. Albert just wants to witness to others and be known as a good baseball player, and even more than that a good person. There is nothing wrong with that, because I can tell you from first hand witness, Albert does not just talk the talk, he lives it.

But........I would not doubt Albert Pujols would find fandango's obsession a bit too much.

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    The Golden Gate Bridge is held up by long strands of Albert Pujols' hair.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i am starting 2 like this thread,

nevermind,

it's gone now.

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    his rookies are still overpriced....
  • Options

<< <i>his rookies are still overpriced.... >>

I beg to differ....
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Pujols is the 180 degree opposite of Rose, and i am Proud to be a Fan of His! >>

Wow, How much Do you get Paid to Be albert pujols' Priest? Wasn't aware that he had achieved deity status. Helluva ballplayer, to be sure.

Seriously dude, be a fan, be proud of your favorite player - we can relate to that; we've all got our favorite ballplayers. Enough with the sycophantic worship, though.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Enough with the sycophantic worship, though. >>

Yeah, that's my MO!

FREE ROCKET!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

I beg to differ.... >>

of course, you own a ton of them (lol)....

if you search completed, you will see TONS unsold because most people believe the same...
    buyers aren't willing to pay what the sellers want, even when the sellers are holding out.

the ones that are selling, continue to come down...

A couple of bad seasons (you know they will eventually happen), and they may come down to a reasonable level...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I beg to differ.... >>

of course, you own a ton of them (lol)....

if you search completed, you will see TONS unsold because most people believe the same...
    buyers aren't willing to pay what the sellers want, even when the sellers are holding out.

the ones that are selling, continue to come down...

A couple of bad seasons (you know they will eventually happen), and they may come down to a reasonable level... >>

Keep on wishing, hoping, or dreaming. You have some twisted facsination with rooting against Pujols and his card prices. I think I have heard this over a million times now.

As for me, you have no clue what's in my collection, so I'm not sure why you made that statement.

I see tons of cards, of many players that go unsold, so that statement is pretty naive if you understand the market. Most working people are trying to survive in this economy, and cannot afford higher end cards as much as in times past. Sure, some folks have not been affected, but big cards of alot of modern players, not just Pujols, have been down across the board due to less than booming economic times. Vintage does not seem to be hit as hard, but modern and game used cards have been for the most past. As with anything, there are a few exceptions here and there.

• Options
    Yowza! A few over sensitive Pujols fans around here. LOL Funny stuff.

• Options

<< <i>Yowza! A few over sensitive Pujols fans around here. LOL Funny stuff. >>

This comes from the same guy who makes the juvenile statement that he was rooting for Pujols to have a season ending injury.

EDIT: spell
  • Options

<< <i>

Sure, some folks have not been affected, but big cards of alot of modern players, not just Pujols, have been down across the board .... >>

so you agree they are down...that's all i was saying...it is also a given, once he has a couple bad or ho-hum seasons, that they will get hit hard (again)....you can't possibly believe he will play all the way into retirement without some ho-hum seasons...that does not suggest that i am rooting for him to have a bad season....it happens...it's called getting old....

PS - you keep suggesting that i keep saying the same thing...i only say it as often as someone starts a thread about him...and since i have been saying it, it has been stated his best gem rookie has gone from $12K to $5k....It's also easy to control the price of a card that only 250 exist, but i still believe there is a "bigger bottom" coming ....will have to wait and see....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sure, some folks have not been affected, but big cards of alot of modern players, not just Pujols, have been down across the board .... >>

so you agree they are down...that's all i was saying...it is also a given, once he has a couple bad or ho-hum seasons, that they will get hit hard (again)....you can't possibly believe he will play all the way into retirement without some ho-hum seasons...that does not suggest that i am rooting for him to have a bad season....it happens...it's called getting old.... >>

It's not like you are predicting anything that is not common knowledge with any player. It's not just Pujols that you big theory applies to. As much as you wish some of us would consider you a baseball card guru, I seriously just can't go there, Mike.

If anyone buys modern baseball cards as an investment, they are foolish.

Pertaining to modern cards, I buy the cards of players I enjoy watching. If they go up, great, if not, no big deal. At least I enjoyed what I spent my time and money on.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

so you agree they are down...that's all i was saying...it is also a given, once he has a couple bad or ho-hum seasons, that they will get hit hard (again)....you can't possibly believe he will play all the way into retirement without some ho-hum seasons...that does not suggest that i am rooting for him to have a bad season....it happens...it's called getting old.... >>

It's not like you are predicting anything that is not common knowledge with any player. It's not just Pujols that you big theory applies to.

Pertaining to modern cards, I buy the players I enjoy watching. If they go up, great, if not, no big deal. >>

I agree 100%...it is not just pujols...i never suggested that....i also agree it is foolish to buy cards as an investment...that's what 401K's and CD's are good for.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

It's not like you are predicting anything that is not common knowledge with any player. It's not just Pujols that you big theory applies to.

Pertaining to modern cards, I buy the players I enjoy watching. If they go up, great, if not, no big deal. >>

I agree 100%...it is not just pujols...i never suggested that....i also agree it is foolish to buy cards as an investment... >>

Come on, man. You bring up Pujols, solely, every time you get a chance. I never heard you say it about the guys you collect, though. image

Anway, no biggie. This debate is getting deeeeeeep..
  • Options
    Albert Pujols' tears cure cancer. Tragically, he has never cried.
  • Options

<< <i>

This comes from the same guy who makes the juvenile statement that he was rooting for Pujols to have a season ending injury.

EDIT: spell >>

Indeed image Hey, it gives me a reason to was Card games now. Good stuff.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I agree 100%...it is not just pujols...i never suggested that....i also agree it is foolish to buy cards as an investment... >>

Come on, man. You bring up Pujols, solely, every time you get a chance. I never heard you say it about the guys you collect, though. image

Anway, no biggie. This debate is getting deeeeeeep.. >>

I have started a thread on Pujols only once...every other comment you have ever seen me make about him has been in a thread started by someone else. I have never ever said anything bad about the guy. I have a great respect for him as a player and a person....that does not change my opinion about the prices of his cards.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

EDIT: spell >>

Indeed image Hey, it gives me a reason to was Card games now. Good stuff. >>

Grow up, man. Seriously, that is so juvenile to wish harm on a person for any reason. Even people I do not care for, I wish them no harm.

• Options
    Sorry Stantheman, I don't play by your set rules of life. But let's get this straight. Do I REALLY wish harm to Pujols? Of course not. Don't be such a knucklehead.

Would I like to see the insane reaction of Fandango if/when Pujols did get injured? You betcha. I think it would be hysterical. Based of his crazy Pujols ranting to date, I could only image how far he would go. lol I thought my comments were pretty obvious. Sorry to see you were obviously confused.

Jay

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Truly sad. >>

no what is truly sad is that you are a pete rose fan...the guy came the closest to ruining baseball...he is a degenerate, a tax cheat, and he bet against his team, AND HE IS BANNED FOR BASEBALL FOR LIFE!!!!! what does that say about YOU? that is sad...

PS.. all you need to see is " sorry i shot JFK" signed ball to know about his character (and yours)

Pujols is the 180 degree opposite of Rose, and i am Proud to be a Fan of His! >>

+1 for being a degenerate. And a tax cheat.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry Stantheman, I don't play by your set rules of life. But let's get this straight. Do I REALLY wish harm to Pujols? Of course not. Don't be such a knucklehead.

Would I like to see the insane reaction of Fandango if/when Pujols did get injured? You betcha. I think it would be hysterical. Based of his crazy Pujols ranting to date, I could only image how far he would go. lol I thought my comments were pretty obvious. Sorry to see you were obviously confused.

Jay >>

I'm confused and a knucklehead? Ok..

I did not set any rules of life, just saying that comments like what you made were juvenile.

Actually, all I see if you like to instigate stuff with people alot more than you want to admit.

Just like all the problems you had with plifter, and you claiming he made unprovoked threats in emails to you. Well, let's just say I seen the other end of some of those emails, and you was provoking him just as much. You were no lilly white, my friend.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....
  • Options
    Oh Stanley, now now. Who needs to grow up?

You Card fans are such a joy to talk to.

Go Pujols! Break a leg! Umm, wait. That for actors, right? Oh well.

PS - Yes, I know your name isn't Stanley. It's a joke. Something you apparently can't take today. I suggest you untwist your panties, step back and take a deep breath. Seems a few today are real touchy and oversensative. Lighten up folks! Laugh a little, enjoy life. Stop being so nit picky on everything. image <--- See, smiley....means happy.

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I'm not rootin for anybody who names their kid poo-holes.

• Options

<< <i>Oh Stanley, now now. Who needs to grow up?

Go Pujols! Break a leg! Umm, wait. That for actors, right? Oh well. >>

Change the subject. I know I would want to if I was busted.

I must say a few members warned me via pm, but I did not listen. I admit, you fooled me the first time, but it will not happen again.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh Stanley, now now. Who needs to grow up?

Go Pujols! Break a leg! Umm, wait. That for actors, right? Oh well. >>

Change the subject. I know I would want to if I was busted.

I must say a few members warned me via pm, but I did not listen. I admit, you fooled me the first time, but it will not happen again. >>

Really, dude. Grow up. I'm sitting here having a good time trying to joke around and you want to start acting like a complete jerkoff. That's fine, if that's the mood you're in.

Busted? For what, telling a guy off that threatened to kill my kids? Ok, you got me! Whatever.

Warned you? Good for you and them. Have I ever been anything but nice to you...in PM, other boards, emails? We've spoken a few times and always thought of you as a decent person. Until today, don't know what got into you today. I guess you're just overly sensative about Pujols, the Cards? To each their own I guess.

Stantheman, don't know what bug got up your rear today but hey....it is what it is. Maybe when you wake up tomorrow things will be better. Til then, I'm still gonna joke and have fun today. Sorry if that bothers you.

• Options
    You were provoking plifter via email, while telling me he was making threats for no reason. That was not entirely true. You lied to me, and after that, it's hard to believe you.

Just stop trying to stir the pot, and then play innocent.

I am a decent person, until someone lies to me.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Tim

You don't know the half of it.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>You were provoking plifter via email, while telling me he was making threats for no reason. That was not entirely true. You lied to me, and after that, it's hard to believe you.

Just stop trying to stir the pot, and then play innocent.

I am a decent person, until someone lies to me. >>

Sorry, your information isn't entirely correct. But hey, you believe what you want.

• Options

<< <i>Tim

You don't know the half of it.

Steve >>

Looking to start things up again Steve? Just when I thought we had a simple understanding to avoid each other. Have at it then.

• Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    I dont see Pujols leading the league in Home Runs. But you never know.

Maybe one day Pujols will put power numbers up with the greatest HR Hitters and hit a HR every 8-9 ABs...... instead of his usual 14-15.

Since Pujols started he has put up some awesome (consistent) numbers, but Bonds' numbers are just crazy for the same 2000-2005 period.

If you look closely, Bonds' numbers are really untouchable..... a HR every 6.5 ABs, .863 slug. 232 walks, 73 HRs in only 476 ABs, 7 MVPs, more HRs than SO in season (2004). 'Roids didnt do that. He hits the ball more solidly more often than anyone I've ever seen. His bat speed is crazy (chokes up on a small bat)

You might have to go back to Williams/DiMaggio before you find a better power hitter who hit the ball as solid more often than Bonds.

Who CAN take Bonds' place? No one playing right now........

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looking to start things up again Steve? Just when I thought we had a simple understanding to avoid each other. Have at it then. >>

Wasn't Steve the guy that made a trade with you when everyone else wanted nothing to do with you? Then you take his name out of your "successful deals" section because months later he said something in a thread that you didn't like? I believe that having the name WinPitcher in your "successful deals" section would do way more for you than it ever would for him.

Edited to add: Please don't PM me after reading this.
  • Options

Edited to add: Nam, you should do what I did; block him from PMs.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>image

image >>

You can do that? image
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    I don't know what all of this is about, but I'm definitely quitting the hobby because of it.
  • Options
    Albert Pujols' semen won the gold medal for the backstroke in the 1984 Olympics.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Albert Pujols' semen won the gold medal for the backstroke in the 1984 Olympics. >>

He was 38 at the time.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Albert Pujols' semen won the gold medal for the backstroke in the 1984 Olympics. >>

and you keep a sample of that under your pillow Lee just for good measure! LOL i crack myself up sometimes....LOL i still can stop laughing!
  • Options
    Thank God he deleted my name from his list.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    << Albert Pujols' semen won the gold medal for the backstroke in the 1984 Olympics. >>

Was he the guy named Albert Spitz, Or was that just how he got there ?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image

image >>

You can do that? image >>

For those that don't know, true story!

It's on the bottom, right side of your message/PM box.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    << Albert Pujols' semen won the gold medal for the backstroke in the 1984 Olympics. >>

and you keep a sample of that under your pillow Lee just for good measure! LOL i crack myself up sometimes....LOL i still can stop laughing!

My take on this:

CD = VERY FUNNY

Fandango = NOT funny
  • Options
    Speaking of Gio anyone see if he did have a new video?

Barry, i think Nick was kidding.

Geeze we have basically the same list too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Barry, i think Nick was kidding. >>

I know.

It was more for others that didn't know.

I normally delete aliases that have been bammed (ie tinkerbell) so the list doesn't get too cluttered.

Don't remember why handyman is on there, though...
  • Options
    No I wasnt. I just added him to save myself from one of his loooonnnnngggggg PM's about my comment.
  • Options