Options

Say "Hello" to the NL East first place Phillies

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Man the Sillies fanatics got their blinders on! image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The '27 Yankees happened to be a very good baseball team although their lineup might have to take a bow to the powerful 2008 Phillies.

Now you are sounding like Kevin, 5 losses in a row will do that to you.

Steve >>

I shouldn't "argue" about the '27 Yankees with you Steve, because you've mentioned before that as a teenager you used to go to Yankee Stadium and watch them play.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Stevek your rebuttals are as weak as your team as of late.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    So some Mets fans are starting to chirp a little bit again - that won't last.
  • Options
    Here's the bottom line:

Philadelphia 42 35 .545 - 22-18 20-17 13-11 15-11 12-6 3-7 L 5
    Florida 40 35 .533 1 22-15 18-20 17-13 11-10 7-5 4-6 L 1
    N.Y. Mets 37 37 .500 3½ 20-14 17-23 15-15 4-6 12-14 6-4 W 1
    Atlanta 38 39 .494 4 27-12 11-27 16-16 6-13 9-5 6-4 W 2
    Washington 30 47 .390 12 15-23 15-24 13-19 10-13 2-8 4-6

• Options
    Your getting weaker.

You must be proud of that L 5

lol

See ya on the way down Stevie boy.

You too Commie.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Here's the bottom line:

N.Y. Mets 37 37 .500 3� 20-14 17-23 15-15 4-6 12-14 6-4 W 1
    Washington 30 47 .390 12 15-23 15-24 13-19 10-13 2-8 4-6 >>

Here is the Real Bottom line, The Phillies have a winning percentage of only .545 and they are only 77 games into the season. Also, there are many teams who will finish strong this year and I think the AL is really tough right now.

Also, The Phillies are not even close to the pace the 2001 Seattle Mariners had or finished with in 2001 116-46 and keep in mind they didn't even make it to the "World Series" as they lost to the Yankees 4-1 in the ALCS.

I applaud you for being a Phillies fan! Nothing wrong with that.. It just rubs me the wrong way when fans get so excited they can't think straight, LOL
    I do know where you are coming from. I'm a Dodger fan and you know it's been 20 years since they have won it all. My wife won't listen to me anymore when I tell her how good they are doing. She always says, you say that every year. image I guess I was spoiled growing up in the 70's and early 80's when they had some good years
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Here's the bottom line:

N.Y. Mets 37 37 .500 3� 20-14 17-23 15-15 4-6 12-14 6-4 W 1
    Washington 30 47 .390 12 15-23 15-24 13-19 10-13 2-8 4-6 >>

Here is the Real Bottom line, The Phillies have a winning percentage of only .545 and they are only 77 games into the season. Also, there are many teams who will finish strong this year and I think the AL is really tough right now.

Also, The Phillies are not even close to the pace the 2001 Seattle Mariners had or finished with in 2001 116-46 and keep in mind they didn't even make it to the "World Series" as they lost to the Yankees 4-1 in the ALCS.

I applaud you for being a Phillies fan! Nothing wrong with that.. It just rubs me the wrong way when fans get so excited they can't think straight, LOL
    I do know where you are coming from. I'm a Dodger fan and you know it's been 20 years since they have won it all. My wife won't listen to me anymore when I tell her how good they are doing. She always says, you say that every year. image I guess I was spoiled growing up in the 70's and early 80's when they had some good years >>

One important factor which you're leaving out is that the Phillies have finished strong in recent years. Yes, except for last season they fell short, but being ahead like this and the season is approaching the half way mark, bodes quite well for a repeat NL East championship for the Phillies...and moving on from there to clinch the NL pennant.
  • Options

<< <i>Your getting weaker.

You must be proud of that L 5

lol

See ya on the way down Stevie boy.

You too Commie.

Steve >>

An obvious dilemma for Mets fans is "yes" the fans want to win, but unfortunately for them, the Mets clubhouse is full of mercenary type players who just go through the motions during the season and these players really don't care if they win or not, which translates into losing.

Mets need to clean house and it'll take not just having gotten rid of their incompetant manager before they start being competitive again for a NL East title. I can't see the Mets competing for an NL East title for a number of years. For the coming years in a "good" season the Mets will finish second...and in a "normal" season the Mets will finish third or fourth - better get used to it.

I'm only trying to present the obvious to Mets fans so they won't be unexpectedly disappointed year after year after year. Really breaks my heart to see Mets fans in agony. But don't worry about it...I just read where the Mets are gonna dispense free medicine to their fans after each Mets game to help ease the pain and suffering of being a losing Mets fan.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>An obvious dilemma for Mets fans is "yes" the fans want to win, but unfortunately for them, the Mets clubhouse is full of mercenary type players who just go through the motions during the season and these players really don't care if they win or not, which translates into losing. >>

image Steve if I recall correctly didnt you say this about the Yankees as well? Gotta come up with some new material! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>An obvious dilemma for Mets fans is "yes" the fans want to win, but unfortunately for them, the Mets clubhouse is full of mercenary type players who just go through the motions during the season and these players really don't care if they win or not, which translates into losing. >>

image Steve if I recall correctly didnt you say this about the Yankees as well? Gotta come up with some new material! image >>

I think I may have mentioned the Yankees once or twice in one thread as a comparison, but I don't care much about those Junior Circuit teams except if they play my Phils in the WS, or during some regular season games against my Phils. I focus mainly on the NL.

And as long as WinPitcher doesn't understand it, then I'll have to keep mentioning it...all in trying to inform baseball fans such as WinPitcher who recently immigrated from the country island of Polygonia, and who based on his posts doesn't have any knowledge about baseball, about how the game of MLB really works...so I'm happy to perform my civic duty and inform him about the game. WinPitcher still gets confused about right handed batters running counterclockwise around the bases - WinPitcher believes that it would be more efficient if right handed batters ran clockwise around the bases...so I'll keep trying to explain the game to him.
  • Options

I'd rebut your nonsensical posts one by one but then again I don't wish to further embarrass you.

I agree with Perk you need some new material.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    . I can't see the Mets competing for an NL East title for a number of years.

Earth to Steve k the METS are 3 games out!

If that is not competing for the title what the heck is?

by the way, when was the last time your Sillies were in a WS? 15 years ago?

The way you talk about it one would think they are in the series year after year.

Yesterday it was comparing them with the 27 Yanks.........LMAO

Ok OK enough time spent with nonsense.

LMK when you have something of substance to say.

If it wasn't for me this thread would be on page 6 by now.

Please post again when they win a game again.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd rebut your nonsensical posts one by one but then again I don't wish to further embarrass you.

I agree with Perk you need some new material.

Steve >>

Then I may have to hire some writers. LOL

You know I'm just kiddin' around with you Steve - I respect your baseball knowledge. Besides...with the Phillies in first place I've been in a good mood for weeks.

If the Phillies start dropping out of first place, then you'll see my "dark side" again...and I'll start referring to your team as Pets again. LOL
  • Options
    lol I'm just playing too. Don't take it seriously.

By the way the sillies will be in 2nd or 3rd place within 10 days.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>lol I'm just playing too. Don't take it seriously.

By the way the sillies will be in 2nd or 3rd place within 10 days.

Steve >>

<<< By the way the sillies will be in 2nd or 3rd place within 10 days. >>>

Good, Good, Good...Thank you...the reverse jinx is now in effect...Phillies are now guaranteed to be in 1st place the rest of the season.

Steve, as I've mentioned before, you, Jerry and the rest are cordially invited to attend the Phillies WS Championship parade in the Fall...the drinks are on me.
  • Options

<< <i>

Steve, as I've mentioned before, you, Jerry and the rest are cordially invited to attend the Phillies WS Championship parade in the Fall...the drinks are on me. >>

If the parade goes down Broad Street, will you treat us to the broads too ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Steve, as I've mentioned before, you, Jerry and the rest are cordially invited to attend the Phillies WS Championship parade in the Fall...the drinks are on me. >>

If the parade goes down Broad Street, will you treat us to the broads too ? >>

Hey, lap dances ain't cheap ya know. I'll have to think about that one. image
  • Options
    These guys still in first place?

(just doing my part this thread was about to hit page 2)

Stevek you are slipping buddy (like your team)

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>These guys still in first place?

(just doing my part this thread was about to hit page 2)

Stevek you are slipping buddy (like your team)

Steve >>

No free lap dances for you. image
  • Options
    Sillies losing tonite (again) looking like it is 7 in a row, The Mutts win.

what a night!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    2 games back in the loss column.............

Here we go..................

The Sillies may never win another game.

lol lol lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Sillies losing tonite (again) looking like it is 7 in a row, The Mutts win.

what a night!

Steve >>

Are you popping those LSD sugar cubes again? The Phillies game hasn't even started yet. And the Mets still aren't even a .500 team. There oughta be a rule that smack talk isn't allowed here unless someone's team is at least a game over .500

• Options

<< <i>2 games back in the loss column.............

Here we go..................

The Sillies may never win another game.

lol lol lol

Steve >>

I'd rather my team get their slump out of the way in mid-season, and be done with it, than do what the Mets did last year. HA!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sillies losing tonite (again) looking like it is 7 in a row, The Mutts win.

what a night!

Steve >>

Are you popping those LSD sugar cubes again? The Phillies game hasn't even started yet. And the Mets still aren't even a .500 team. There oughta be a rule that smack talk isn't allowed here unless someone's team is at least a game over .500 >>

Since WinPitcher made this statement...the Phillies will win tonight.

*****GUARANTEED*****

This is a 10 star guarantee.
  • Options
    lol

owned....I read the damn MLB.com wrong

They will lose. I guarantee it.

BTW I haven't tripped in 35 years.

Last time I did I saw a skooblie

Steve

lol
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>lol

owned....I read the damn MLB.com wrong

They will lose. I guarantee it.

BTW I haven't tripped in 35 years.

Last time I did I saw a skooblie

Steve

lol >>

Happens to the best of us Steve.

...and BTW Phils leading 1 - 0 in the first.
  • Options
    Phils leading 3 - zip, top of the fifth, with a perfect game going thru four.

Thank you WinPitcher for pulling the Phillies out of this slump - We owe it all to you!
  • Options
    Phils winning 4 - 0 thru six.

Thanks again WinPitcher!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    whats the cure for an offense that has gone asleep....1 hitter through 6!

bam

js
  • Options
    Yes, nice pitching effort tonight when we needed it. The slump will soon be over...WinPitcher, take a bow...I give you all the credit. Thank you!
  • Options
    Phillies leading 4 - 0 thru 7. Before I forget I want to thank WinPitcher.
  • Options
    Phils winning 4 - 0 thru 8. WinPitcher, I say this with all sincerity...you are my hero and my idol for pulling the Phillies out of this slump. I will be nominating you for the Philadelphia Outstanding Person of the Year award just as soon as I can fill out the ballot.
  • Options
    WinPitcher for Mayor of Philadelphia. He's got my vote.
  • Options
    WinPitcher for King of Philadelphia.
  • Options
    Two down, bottom of the 9th. This one is OVER.
  • Options
    Game over, slump over. On to the World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Slump over? sheesh your team better win a few more games b4 you say that.

What are they 2 and 8 over the last 10 games?

Cmon Stevie even you should know that 1 game does not end a slump.

See you in 3rd place when the season ends behind the Mutts and Marlins.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Game over, slump over. On to the World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is?

Sillies fading FAST............

Mutts 2 games back in the loss column.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The '27 Yankees happened to be a very good baseball team although their lineup might have to take a bow to the powerful 2008 Phillies.

Now you are sounding like Kevin, 5 losses in a row will do that to you.

Steve >>

I shouldn't "argue" about the '27 Yankees with you Steve, because you've mentioned before that as a teenager you used to go to Yankee Stadium and watch them play. >>

No offense Win but I really laughed at this one. Good one Steve image

I love when you guys go playfully at it image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Phils win, Chase and Ryan mashing, Marlins lose, Santana get taken to the shed....its a good time to be a Phils phan!

JS
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strike up the bandwago..., er band for Kevin emerges from under ther bed! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Philadelphia 44 38 .537 - 22-18 22-20 13-11 15-11 12-6 2-8 W 1
    Florida 41 39 .512 2 23-19 18-20 17-13 11-10 8-6 3-7 L 1
    Atlanta 40 42 .488 4 28-14 12-28 16-16 7-15 9-5 5-5 L 1
    N.Y. Mets 39 41 .488 4 21-18 18-23 15-15 4-6 12-14 5-5 L 2
    Washington 32 50 .390 12 17-26 15-24 13-19 10-13 2-8 3-7

Looking better! image
  • Options
    2 wins out of the last 10 games and things are looking better?

Yeah i suppose for the Sillies that must be good.

6 wins in the last 20 games these guys are falling fast.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

I shouldn't "argue" about the '27 Yankees with you Steve, because you've mentioned before that as a teenager you used to go to Yankee Stadium and watch them play. >>

No offense Matt but you think that was a good one?

I thought it was lame.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Phillies in first place just mere games ahead of the woefully underachieving NY Mets. image
    Damn I wish my pitching poor Yankees were in this division!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    <<< Say "Hello" to the first place Phillies >>>

The key phrase here is "first place" and the Phillies are still there despite their recent bad slump. The Mets are so pathetic that even during a bad Phillies slump, the Mets are still only capable of being in 3rd place. Mets fans should accept the fact that their Mets suck....a heartless and gutless team content to play out the season hanging around in 3rd and 4th place in the NL East.

Phillies have alligator blood, the Mets have rabbit blood.
  • Options
    It's Monday morning and the Phillies are still in first place. image
  • Options
    Phillies are due, overdue, to break out of this slump - I'm predicting the Phillies put a hurtin' on the Braves tonight.
  • Options

<< <i>Phillies are due, overdue, to break out of this slump - I'm predicting the Phillies put a hurtin' on the Braves tonight. >>

I'm not sure which Phillie, but one Phillie player will have two dingers tonight - I can feel it in my bones.