Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the NL East first place Phillies

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Phillies have the Mets and Braves number - I ain't even worried about them. But dam Florida has to pick a year to be good.

Well, it's still way too early to panic...but it's setting up like a two horse race to the wire, and hopefully Florida will start backing up. >>

Interesting how you have the Braves number, yet haven't played them yet this year. Guess we'll find out next week. >>

As stated, a win against the Braves...and I expect that trend to continue all season.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Uh Oh, last thing the National League needs to see is the bottom of the Phillies line up to start to get hot. I mean, don't want
    to pitch to Rollins, don't want to pitch to Utley, don't want any of pat the bat, now Ruiz?

NO MAS NO MAS

js
  • Options
    What kind of bush league crap was that from Burrell? He didnt even reach down for the ball, just put his hands up like an idiot. Took an RBI from Chipper. I guess that what you can expect from a team that has 10000 losses. Never did learn to play the game right did you?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>What kind of bush league crap was that from Burrell? He didnt even reach down for the ball, just put his hands up like an idiot. Took an RBI from Chipper. I guess that what you can expect from a team that has 10000 losses. Never did learn to play the game right did you? >>

Doesn't matter. We beat them. We'll take the rubber match tomorrow as well.
    Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What kind of bush league crap was that from Burrell? He didnt even reach down for the ball, just put his hands up like an idiot. Took an RBI from Chipper. I guess that what you can expect from a team that has 10000 losses. Never did learn to play the game right did you? >>

Doesn't matter. We beat them. We'll take the rubber match tomorrow as well. >>

WRONG

Sincerely,
    Cole Hamels
  • Options
    Once again, as clearly stated, the Phillies handle the Braves. And we're closing in again on first place...no way Florida can keep this up.

I'm already thinking World Series against the Red Sox, and predicting a Phillies 4 - 2 games, World Series championship win.

"Ya Gotta Believe"
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    and look who is coming up from the rear in the HR race...hey Lance, do us a favor and don't look behind you, cause by the time
    you do, he will be in front of you!

JS
  • Options
    Where is all the Phillie BS now? On page 2? Wow
    what a fairweather, bandwagon riding fan you turned out to be.

Geez Stevek I expected better of you.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    How about them Penguins!!!!
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for the Sillies to reach first place.

hmmmmmmm???

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    How about them Penguins!!!!

bowling is better than hockey, so who cares
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>bowling is better than hockey, so who cares >>

I'm sure you would have made this comment if the flyers had won the series.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Hmm. Phillies up 12-0 in the 7th inning. I think it's fairly safe to say that Jamie Moyer is going to pick up career win no. 234. Though not likely, how awesome would it be if we woke up one day and Moyer was giving his HOF speech.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moyer won't get more than a handful of votes at best.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    12 runs tonight, but they couldn't get Cole even 1 run to get him a mark in the win column last night. Oh well.

js
  • Options
    Stevek has been awfully quiet in this thread as of late.

Oh yeah, he will show up every time they make a run at first place.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Stevek has been awfully quiet in this thread as of late.

Oh yeah, he will show up every time they make a run at first place.

Steve >>

It will only be days when the Marlins break down like a 20 year old Ford. Phills will have it wrapped up by the All Star break. Then what shall
    we all talk about?

js
  • Options
    Then we will see Stevek again on this thread? Only, when (and if) they finally
    back into first place? What kind of fan is that?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Puck the Fhillies.

Edited to add: Sorry to say but looks like Roy-O will start tonight.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Puck the Fhillies.

Edited to add: Sorry to say but looks like Roy-O will start tonight. >>

Then Huck Houston! image

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I just picked up a VINTAGE Cabbage Patch Phillies player, please Pm for price if ther is such a time as a Phillies fan wo would like a cabbage patch doll for a small price.
  • Options
    These bums in first place yet?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Jamie Moyer. 7 innings and 4 runs. Nothing to write home about, but definitely effective. Of course a 10-4 lead after 4 innings and 16-4 lead after six innings doesn't hurt either. But hey, chalk up career win number 235.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    Moyer and Eaton will be just fine if we put up double digits a game. Our bats are smoking right now. A few guys at the bottom of the
    line up had 8 total bases and got passed up on the front pages for Utley. Howard is starting to mash too. Rollins is almost impossible
    to get out these days. It just looks very good right now. We need to take this kinda of A whooping down to Miami and get first place, other
    teams are not helping us out.

js
  • Options
    Final 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
    Colorado 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 5 8 1
    Philadelphia « 3 0 1 6 0 6 0 4 x 20 19 1

When some pitchers are scheduled to face the Phillies, they might start calling in sick. LOL
  • Options
    Sure coulda used some of those runs in the playoffs last season against the Rockies.

And before this season began, Phillies fans were mainly concerned about the Mets and they of course are floundering, but meanwhile the Marlins continue to play good baseball and the Braves as well - it's always somethin'.
  • Options

<< <i>Final 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
    Colorado 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 5 8 1
    Philadelphia « 3 0 1 6 0 6 0 4 x 20 19 1

When some pitchers are scheduled to face the Phillies, they might start calling in sick. LOL >>

• Options

<< <i>How about them Penguins!!!! >>

Somebody tell the pens that the objective in hockey is to put the puck in the other teams goal.
  • Options
    Dam - Do I root for the Mets to beat the Marlins here? This is a toughie. Dam...I gotta root for the Mets...can't let the Marlins draw away in the standings.
  • Options
    Let's Go Mets!

Is that how the phrase goes? LOL
  • Options
    Let's Go Mets!

Steve, keep rooting for them, you're good as GOLD tonight, LOL!!!

Edit: I know you spent many afternoons in the caverns of Shea before you wimped out and became a Philly fan! Mr. Met was one your heroes, wasn't he?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    man the Philly bats struggled tonight, only 7 runs in 2 innings and then nothing. Did I hear Chuck yelling "lets play some defense"????

Mets barely beat the Marlins with their staff ace..now what?

js
  • Options

<< <i> Let's Go Mets!

Steve, keep rooting for them, you're good as GOLD tonight, LOL!!!

Edit: I know you spent many afternoons in the caverns of Shea before you wimped out and became a Philly fan! Mr. Met was one your heroes, wasn't he? >>

Let's Go Mets! Beat them first place Marlins to help my Phillies take over first place ASAP. YEA!
  • Options

<< <i>man the Philly bats struggled tonight, only 7 runs in 2 innings and then nothing. Did I hear Chuck yelling "lets play some defense"????

Mets barely beat the Marlins with their staff ace..now what?

js >>

Phillies players may have been gotten exhausted from running around the bases too much.
  • Options
    Thank you Mets. Phillies now back in second and we'll be passing the Marlins very soon.

Ya know if the Mets keep winning against the Marlins, allowing my Phillies to get back on top, I may never say anything bad about the Mets again.
  • Options
    Ya know if the Mets keep winning against the Marlins, allowing my Phillies to get back on top, I may never say anything bad about the Mets again.

Now, THAT I'll have to see!!

• Options
    What I see is a fan that needs his team to back into first place.

Steve

edited to add: .........again
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Tying run on third with one out. They GOT to get this run in!!

• Options
    Tying and winning run score...METS WIN!!

Keep it up, Steve, LOL!!

• Options

<< <i>Tying and winning run score...METS WIN!!

Keep it up, Steve, LOL!!

image >>

Hey now, just to make it perfectly clear - My "Let's Go Mets" chant is only applicable when they are playing a team ahead of the Phillies in the standings, and beating that particular team will benefit the Phillies in the quest for a playoff spot. I feel that right now rooting for the Mets against the Marlins will benefit the Phillies in the quest for a playoff spot, therefore I have been openly chanting "Let's Go Mets" during this Mets-Marlins series.

I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea that I'm now a Mets fan! image

• Options

<< <i>What I see is a fan that needs his team to back into first place.

Steve

edited to add: .........again >>

Backing in? Come on now...the Phillies have been playing some dam good baseball as of late...ripping the cover off the ball. The standard game issue number of baseballs for Phillies games has dramatically increased due to the Phillies hitting lots of home runs and otherwise damaging baseballs through multiple hard hits. Might have to start using baseballs with a tungsten steel cover to try to get the balls to last longer when the Phillies are batting.
  • Options
    uh oh, Adam Eaton looked like Tom Seaver tonight. Its going to be a long season if you are in the NL East and your name isn't the
    Philadelphia Phillies!

JS
  • Options
    Needing a team to beat another team so your team can move into first place is backing in.

I don't care how hard your team hits the ball.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Looks like Win is still chaffing over last seasons meltdown. LMAO

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like Win is still chaffing over last seasons meltdown. LMAO

JS >>

You're right because his comment makes no sense. The term "backing in" normally is a term used when a team loses a game but still advances in the standings or gets into a playoff spot because another team loses or loses worse. The term "backing in" doesn't apply to a team taking over first place when they are winning. The Phillies are obviously winning.

If I could kindly suggest in the nicest way possible using the most pleasant etiquette, something to WinPitcher that if you want to talk smack in this forum, please do it properly so that it makes sense. Use the smack terminology in the correct pretense. This way the smack can be cherished and enjoyed by all without confusion. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
  • Options
    Oh when the Phillies are winning I so enjoy being nice. I can hear the birds singing, I can see the flowers blooming, and life is so wonderful...I don't even mind being nice to Mets fans. LOL
  • Options
    It is obvious that you are confused.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>It is obvious that you are confused.

Steve >>

I'd rather be confused and have my team winning, than be confused and have my team losing. Ah HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!

• Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Utley was caught using steroids today.............game over