Home U.S. Coin Forum

Price check on Alligator Eye.

A 1887 VAM12 Alligator Eye. Thank you.

Comments

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What grade you looking for price on?
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Grade? sorry I am new to this. Would you like a picture?
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoewhere between 1 and 70 would be a start image

Just how new are you to collecting coins?
  • EXTREMELY NEW. But here are the pictures. (Not selling by the way.)

• DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ICG VAMs sell very poorly out in the marketplace, and Alligator Eyes are so incredibly plentiful in Mint State grades that circulated examples rarely come up for sale. Based upon the few price records that I have, I'd say you're looking at about $20.

1887- 12 58 ANACS Sep-07 H $27
    1887- 12 58 ANACS Dec-07 E $23
    1887- 12 50 ANACS Jan-07 CS $20
    1887- 12A 40 raw May-06 E $20
    When in doubt, don't.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>EXTREMELY NEW. But here are the pictures. (Not selling by the way.)

image >>

Not selling? Then someone just stole your ID and is trying to sell your coin on the BST for $50 even though Dennis said it was worth $20.....image
    Becky
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

Not selling? Then someone just stole your ID and is trying to sell your coin on the BST for $50 even though Dennis said it was worth $20.....image >>

I saw that too. Would have worked out better if the not selling comment was left off of this thread. image
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price check on Alligator Eye.

Times must be getting hard, what's next... price check on a Bear Clawimageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ICG VAMs sell very poorly out in the marketplace, and Alligator Eyes are so incredibly plentiful in Mint State grades that circulated examples rarely come up for sale. Based upon the few that have, I'd say you're looking at about $20. >>

I've had pretty good luck selling ICG VAMs lately...I agree about how common the gator eye is, though- I see them regularly at shows and don't even bother cherrypicking them.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Not selling? Then someone just stole your ID and is trying to sell your coin on the BST for $50 even though Dennis said it was worth $20.....image >>

I saw that too. Would have worked out better if the not selling comment was left off of this thread. image >>

Of course, that doesnt even matter to some, right Becoka?image
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I saw that too. Would have worked out better if the not selling comment was left off of this thread. image >>

Of course, that doesnt even matter to some, right Becoka?image >>

Nope image
  • vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above comments. No offense, but you need to work on your photography. Look on some of the threads on this board. At a minimum, you need a tripod and macro setting.
    The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭
    Oh, and dollarmenuhero I should add that contrary to some suggestions, I think you were being truthful, at $50 you are definitely not selling this coin.
    The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ICG VAMs sell very poorly out in the marketplace, and Alligator Eyes are so incredibly plentiful in Mint State grades that circulated examples rarely come up for sale. Based upon the few that have, I'd say you're looking at about $20. >>

I've had pretty good luck selling ICG VAMs lately...I agree about how common the gator eye is, though- I see them regularly at shows and don't even bother cherrypicking them. >>

Hmmm here is one I cherrypicked in a PCGS 63 holder for $50.

• coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Price check on Alligator Eye.

Times must be getting hard, what's next... price check on a Bear Clawimageimage >>

imageimageimageimage

I always read this forum for the great wisdom granted by the members here.
    And, I usually get a good laugh as well.image

Stefanie
    "Pricecheck, Bearclaws on aisle 5!"

Sounds like my local super.
  • Here's a toned MS64 that I sold last month, the winner was VERY happy.... 160226930769 Yeah $52.00 delivered; I had thought that it would go between $75 and $125.... No telling the bargains that can be found on eBay.
    John G Bradley II
  • I don't own one yet, but I won't even look unless it's MS 65/66+. Very common coin in most grades from 64 down.
    Life member of the SSDC
  • cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    Taken straight from the BST thread

<< <i>Oo. Yea that was typo. My bad. =) >>

imageimage
  • Wow this forum is quite rude to a noob. Typos happen...cool down people. Would you like me to go fix it or leave it for the humor?

<< <i>Wow this forum is quite rude to a noob. Typos happen...cool down people. Would you like me to go fix it or leave it for the humor? >>

A few points to help you get over the "rudeness":

1) Typo? Not for sale generally means "not for sale". Seems kind of unequivocal.

2) Many people put hyperlinks in their post footer directing people to "items for sale on BST" or "items for sale on Ebay", but it is considered bad form to otherwise spam the coin message board with items for sale on the BST.

3) Often "noobs" will actually take the time to introduce themselves on the coin forum before they engage in sales on the BST. Remember, though you know yourself, few others probably do. You are an unknown quantity, therefore it would be impossible for you to immediately enter the "Circle of Trust", or even close to it.

4) You should engage your PM to take offers - many will not reply to your thread because it will ttt it.

5) You may want to engage your profile so that people can see at least a little something about you.

6) Selling coins on a coin forum when you know nothing about them may be ill-advised. Stick around and learn a little before you jump in the fray, or post it on Ebay.

Hope that helps image

Gee... Went away mad?
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

umm....................................................image..to the forums!!
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file