Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX has new 2008 ASE's right now for as low as $18.90

They are $18.90 each if you buy a sealed monster box from them...Otherwise they are $19.40 if you oder over 20.

Here's the link:

http://www.apmex.com/Category/160/2008__Prior_Uncirculated_Silver_Eagles.aspx

Good deal if anyone wants new 2008 Eagles....I got an email from them today saying they are shipping today...They were scheduled to ship on the 30th of this month.

They're shipping now...

I guess I'll get a couple rolls...

Comments

• cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    Sucks not having an extra 10 grand laying around.....image

• halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Think I'll hold off till July/August when silver is $14ish. image

Regards,

John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • I hear you, although $18 and change ain't bad with this inflation...

I agree with the cinman14 though.....It DOES suck not having an extra 10K wanting a place to park itself.image
  • SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    They will probably all be Rev of 2008 coins.
  • Regarding the 07 vs. 08 reverses, I am not sure if any of these offered by APMEX are the early 2008's as opposed to late 2008's....

However, since ASE's are all Bullion coins and were always designed that way, I look at them that way... I have never viewed any ASE's as premium coins, (save a few proofs), since NONE of them were ever circulated anyway.

The entire collector's market for the graded ASE's is a created market since not a SINGLE coin of the millions stamped out ever went into circulation..

The crappiest ASE could be MS 65..

They are bullion and have always been bullion, unlike all other actual "coins" that were meant to circulate...
  • Hi, I know this is an 'old' thread but couldn't find an answer to my question. I picked up some ASE's to give at Christmas. I paid $18 including the air-tight capsule. These ASE's don't have the 'W' mint mark. I thought ALL ASE's produced at the West Point mint would have a 'W'. Are these minted somewhere else? On a side note... when people recieve these coins, they're like... WHAT IS THIS???? THIS IS SO COOL!!! ... cracks me upimage Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all!
  • Only the proof and the collector series burnished ASEs have the W mint mark.

The investor grade does not... Same silver content and purity just not as purdy

And yes, they are all minted at West Point
  • Thanks Cinman!
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    should have waited until December .... 20 - 499 for $14.23 ea
    on APMEX
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i think that was about the buy price of them last year when silver was a few bucks more on the COMEX exchange...........
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like this thread did not make the move to the new forum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file