Home U.S. Coin Forum

Cleaned out the safty deposit box-Russian Gold found

As I was saying. One of my banks is moving locations. I decided to close the box and move everything over
to another bank. Low and behold I found this. I dont remember purchasing it. It had to be a number of years ago.
imageem.

Anyone have a clue about something like this? It has CCCP and the old Russian crest on it. I also believe it
is 10 grams but not sure.

Comments

• BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Unless it was put in there in the early 80's I bet it's worth a lot more now than when it went into the box. image
  • I remember selling off all my 10gram gold bars months ago to support my Dime Craze.
    This was way in the back in a envelope. All the Gold bars I sold where Pamp Suisse and a
    couple of Degussa's. This should bring Moon Money For the rareityimage
  • I'll trade you some of my duplicate barber or mercury dimes for it.
    Larry
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I like that, I think its way cool image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Such a sad thing to say.
    I think the Wife told me to put it on E-Bay and let it go for whatever it sells for.
    Found out that she is the one that bought it for me back in the day when we where dating.
    I wont tell you how many years ago that was, but for her, I might do that suggestion.

Keep an eye out, I think she has a motive?image

BILL
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    "Poured" style gold bars always bring a nice premium on ebay.
  • If it is 10 grams, melt value is right around $315. These do bring premiums, sometimes hefty ones, on eBay.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice article... even if just for the unique history. Cheers, RickO

• << <i>Such a sad thing to say.
    I think the Wife told me to put it on E-Bay and let it go for whatever it sells for.
    Found out that she is the one that bought it for me back in the day when we where dating.
    I wont tell you how many years ago that was, but for her, I might do that suggestion.

Keep an eye out, I think she has a motive?image

BILL >>

Must not have been to long ago as it has the Ebay picture water mark in the lower right corner and they have only had that a few years. I do not beleive they had that on their pictures in the late 90's or early 2000's.
  • HE probably took this image from ebay RR after he uploaded it.

• Must not have been to long ago as it has the Ebay picture water mark in the lower right corner and they have only had that a few years. I do not beleive they had that on their pictures in the late 90's or early 2000's. >>

Actually, They had those marks on there pictures in 2000. I still have pictures saved of Mint Sets I bought back then.
    Dont get me wrong about the years, I havent been married for 10 years or anything. I should of said five plus years since I
    dont know the exact year it was bought.
    Even yesterday seems so far away for me and lets not talk about last weekimageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file