Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Anyone want to buy this group for $6,000 before it goes to ebay?

I want to sell the whole lot. All cash offers will be considered. Im too lazy to upload each coin to photobucket, but if you are serious on an offer, individual photos can be provided. Nothing will be sold individually, this is a package deal. GREAT starter group for a type set here!

EDITED TO ADD ASKING PRICE: $6,000 ( you guys want to offer me $80 and $125 on the lowball, I'll play the game in reverse and ask moon money then!)

Comments

• $5.00???

OK,OK, Ill go to $7.50...image
  • holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Could you at least type up a list of what is there?

• << <i>Could you at least type up a list of what is there? >>

If I was going to do that, might as well list all of them individually. There are no 1894-s dimes, or 1895 proof dollars here. Just decent common date type material.

• << <i>Could you at least type up a list of what is there? >>

That would require work and would ruin the original spirit of the listing.

I bid $50
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    I bid $100.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Is there a return priveledge?

If so what is it?
  • themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    PM sent

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
    "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin

• << <i>Is there a return priveledge?

If so what is it? >>

Return policies are always nice, but with a large assortment, I wouldnt know what was cherry picked if the group was returned. A quick tally on greysheet wholesale bid shows the group to be about $2,000 in value. Maybe selling such a large group will not allow me to see the most return. Perhaps ebay would be a better venue afterall.
    "A quick tally on greysheet wholesale bid shows the group to be about $2,000..."

But it's too difficult to provide a list of the coins?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

• << <i>"A quick tally on greysheet wholesale bid shows the group to be about $2,000..."

But it's too difficult to provide a list of the coins? >>

I type with one finger. If I wanted to list all the coins individually, I wouldnt be selling it as a lot, now would I?image
  • 66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"A quick tally on greysheet wholesale bid shows the group to be about $2,000..."

But it's too difficult to provide a list of the coins? >>

Not a seperate listing for each coin gecko, a list of what is contained in this whole lot.

• I type with one finger. If I wanted to list all the coins individually, I wouldnt be selling it as a lot, now would I?

That is funny! Me too!
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bid $110.00
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    PM'd
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

• << <i>I bid $110.00 >>

$120.

(asking $6000 on a group of coins with $2000 at greysheet?)
  • That DBH is a beauty.

$130.00 for the lot!
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does not have to turn into a rancorous exchange. There are some beautiful coins in this lot, and if you were to take the time to make a list with a price for each, you will do much better than offering it as a lot here or on ebay. That draped bust half looks great. The classic head large cent has real potential. The 1807 cent is very nice too. Some of the seated dimes might be very nice, but they're hard to even see, let alone make out a date -- and forget about mintmark. You'll get much stronger offers, too, if potential buyers can see the reverses and verify that they are as nice and problem-free as the obverses appear (from this distance -- !) to be. I would never in seriousness offer you what people are offering you in this thread -- but then again, neither would they. If you want to sell this lot this way, though, your best bet is to take it to a show with a price in mind. If greysheet says $2,000 then walking away with something like $1700 ought to be pretty easy. If you take the time to present it well on this board, you will do better. If you ebay it, you might get better still -- and then again you might not.

Good luck. I would be very interested in a few of those coins if they were offered individually.

Matt
    mirabela
  • BigTomBigTom Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    CLASSIC!

Let us know when they go to ebay.
  • KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This does not have to turn into a rancorous exchange. There are some beautiful coins in this lot, and if you were to take the time to make a list with a price for each, you will do much better than offering it as a lot here or on ebay. That draped bust half looks great. The classic head large cent has real potential. The 1807 cent is very nice too. Some of the seated dimes might be very nice, but they're hard to even see, let alone make out a date -- and forget about mintmark. You'll get much stronger offers, too, if potential buyers can see the reverses and verify that they are as nice and problem-free as the obverses appear (from this distance -- !) to be. I would never in seriousness offer you what people are offering you in this thread -- but then again, neither would they. If you want to sell this lot this way, though, your best bet is to take it to a show with a price in mind. If greysheet says $2,000 then walking away with something like $1700 ought to be pretty easy. If you take the time to present it well on this board, you will do better. If you ebay it, you might get better still -- and then again you might not.

Good luck. I would be very interested in a few of those coins if they were offered individually.

Matt >>

Excellent & very sound advice.
    $140
  • I offer you 650$
  • $1, Bob

But seriously, I was thinking of offering about $500
  • 1 million dollars
    know what you don't know.

hi, i'm tom.

i do not doctor coins like some who post in here.

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    got a reverse pic of he 1807 half?

• << <i>got a reverse pic of he 1807 half? >>

Here it is:

• People who are high on weed should not be trying to sell coins!
  • $67.50image
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Is it april fools already?
    If I send you another PM, will you respond with another curse-word ladened response?

Instead of have a great day!
    Be civil!
    Louis
    "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin

• << <i>If I send you another PM, will you respond with another curse-word ladened response?

Instead of have a great day!
    Be civil!
    Louis >>

If you PM me with an offer of $150 for approximately $2,000 worth of coins, yes, I will call you a wannabie thief again.image
  • p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you PM me with an offer of $150 for approximately $2,000 worth of coins, yes, I will call you a wannabie thief again. >>

How would anyone know the value of the lot without date and mm information?!

I can't believe this is actually happening and that you feel offended. image
    I didn't offer $150. I use this word rarely, but you are a liar!

Louis
    If you would like for me to copy and paste your PM response, I would be more than happy too.

Louis

• << <i>approximately $2,000 worth of coins >>

I thought it was $6,000 image
    Please take your scams and foul mouth somewhere else.

Sincerely,
    Louis

• << <i>

<< <i>If you PM me with an offer of $150 for approximately $2,000 worth of coins, yes, I will call you a wannabie thief again. >>

I can't believe this is actually happening and that you feel offended. image >>

Unless you are either a thief, or complete numismatic moron, you can clearly see that this lot is valued at FAR greater than $150, and thats just based on the picture, even if you assume that every date is common.
  • stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    What I see is a bunch of junk coins worth melt value. Most can be found in just about any dealers junk box for melt plus about 10%. If you think you can get anything close to $2,000 for the lot you are living in a dream world.
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
  • mbcoinmbcoin Posts: 107 ✭✭
    stev32k
    That's what I said worth melt and get called an ahole.
    Visit Mbcoins.net
  • p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<

<< If you PM me with an offer of $150 for approximately $2,000 worth of coins, yes, I will call you a wannabie thief again. >>

I can't believe this is actually happening and that you feel offended. >>

Unless you are either a thief, or complete numismatic moron, you can clearly see that this lot is valued at FAR greater than $150, and thats just based on the picture, even if you assume that every date is common. >>

Not necessarily. Anyone but a <<complete numismatic moron>> would know that there are three sides to a coin and in your picture, where only one of those can be seen (this is a generous statement), it is entirely possible that something is being hidden on the other two. Therefore, anyone but a <<complete numismatic moron>> would make an offer with that in mind.

It seems to me that the <<complete numismatic moron>> is the one who assumed that a board of knowledgeable collectors would offer a "fair value" based on one picture of the obverses.
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    This is interesting. C'mon Gecko, you gotta realize that there was precious little information in your initial post. Don't you think that a little ribbing is standard fare, given some objectivity and given what you've seen on the boards? Even you may admit that just a bit more thought should have gone into the ad before posting, maybe, just a little bit?
    The customer may not always be right, but in this case, I think all your potential customers are simply providing a little education, and a little friendly ribbing on the side.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll trade these and a franchise to a Kool Aid stand for your coins image
  • My respect for gecko is decreasing with nearly every post he makes.
    aka Dan
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... and on a more serious note...

I will trade you a Proof 70 $25 Platinum coin dated 2005 W graded by PCGS for $1800 cash...
    Plus your coins.
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • This is a great thread!!! I love it!!!

• << <i>This is interesting. C'mon Gecko, you gotta realize that there was precious little information in your initial post. Don't you think that a little ribbing is standard fare, given some objectivity and given what you've seen on the boards? Even you may admit that just a bit more thought should have gone into the ad before posting, maybe, just a little bit?
    The customer may not always be right, but in this case, I think all your potential customers are simply providing a little education, and a little friendly ribbing on the side. >>

Thought did go into it. Either someone wants the lot, and I avoid all the work of listing each coin individually along with solo pics, or nobody offers me fair value, and then I have to do all that dreaded work. With offers of $80, $125, $150, and $300....this board seems to just be full of rip-off artists. I will take the time to image and list each coin seperately on ebay now. I will provide the link when its done. The total of these 49 coins will exceed $2,000. Some of you will feel like fools. One guy PM'd me and told me this stuff is just worth melt. An 1807 DBH in G4 is worth $6? I didnt know that! Seated dimes in EF grade are worth $1.25? Wow! The 1994 POW silver commemorative proof is worth $15? The 1807 large cent with slightly porous planchet in VG8 is worth 5 cents of copper? Now you tell me who the scam artist is.image
  • BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thought did go into it. Either someone wants the lot, and I avoid all the work of listing each coin individually along with solo pics, or nobody offers me fair value, and then I have to do all that dreaded work. With offers of $80, $125, $150, and $300....this board seems to just be full of rip-off artists. I will take the time to image and list each coin seperately on ebay now. I will provide the link when its done. The total of these 49 coins will exceed $2,000. Some of you will feel like fools. One guy PM'd me and told me this stuff is just worth melt. An 1807 DBH in G4 is worth $6? I didnt know that! Seated dimes in EF grade are worth $1.25? Wow! The 1994 POW silver commemorative proof is worth $15? The 1807 large cent with slightly porous planchet in VG8 is worth 5 cents of copper? Now you tell me who the scam artist is. >>

No, no gecko. Anyone who posts one side of a coin for sale, and is asking retail, is IMHO trying to hide something. What this "stuff" is worth to you and what it's worth to others can be a world apart. Besides, I saw an offer of $1800. You ever try to sell anything on a bourse floor?? I guarantee you the offers would be similiar to what your seeing here. Some lowballs (from folks BSing) and some wholesale from those that have to resell and make a buck. and still some more legit offers. Sheesh, from a guy who seems to want to jump on every discrepancy made by others. Your sure kind of thin skinned when obviously what registrycoin says is correct.image
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]

• << <i>

<< <i>Thought did go into it. Either someone wants the lot, and I avoid all the work of listing each coin individually along with solo pics, or nobody offers me fair value, and then I have to do all that dreaded work. With offers of $80, $125, $150, and $300....this board seems to just be full of rip-off artists. I will take the time to image and list each coin seperately on ebay now. I will provide the link when its done. The total of these 49 coins will exceed $2,000. Some of you will feel like fools. One guy PM'd me and told me this stuff is just worth melt. An 1807 DBH in G4 is worth $6? I didnt know that! Seated dimes in EF grade are worth $1.25? Wow! The 1994 POW silver commemorative proof is worth $15? The 1807 large cent with slightly porous planchet in VG8 is worth 5 cents of copper? Now you tell me who the scam artist is. >>

No, no gecko. Anyone who posts one side of a coin for sale, and is asking retail, is IMHO trying to hide something. What this "stuff" is worth to you and what it's worth to others can be a world apart. Besides, I saw an offer of $1800. You ever try to sell anything on a bourse floor?? I guarantee you the offers would be similiar to what your seeing here. Some lowballs (from folks BSing) and some wholesale from those that have to resell and make a buck. and still some more legit offers. Sheesh, from a guy who seems to want to jump on every discrepancy made by others. Your sure kind of thin skinned when obviously what registrycoin says is correct.image >>

Are you illiterate? Its called "reading". Group letters into words, and words into sentences. Start from the left and work to your right. I never asked "retail", in fact, if you knew how to read, you would have seen that my estimate was greysheet wholesale bid. Secondly, nobody offered me $1800. Again, if you knew how to read, you would have seen that twosidestoacoin WANTED $1800 in cash AND the group of coins in trade for his plat eagle. In the future, if you wish to critisize me in any way, shape, or form, please learn how to at least READ first.image
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭
    Can not tell just what is there(2000?) but ship them to me FIRST and will send $500 back at least right away. If, after I look at them and they are worth more to me, I will send more. Best can do, given photo image

• << <i>Can not tell just what is there(2000?) but ship them to me FIRST and will send $500 back at least right away. If, after I look at them and they are worth more to me, I will send more. Best can do, given photo image >>

Now theres a halfway honest response. Not some rip off thief who says the group is worth melt, and offers me $80! I appreciate the offer, but feel I will do MUCH better listing them seperately on ebay. Thanks.