Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How much to the Auction Houses charge sellers?

What Percent do Heritage, Teletrade etc. charge you to sell your coins?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than I am willing to pay... oh yeah, I don't sell coins... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5% or less. Nice collections may bring a fee to the consignor from the auction house to sell the coins!
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What Percent do Heritage, Teletrade etc. charge you to sell your coins? >>

The major auction houses charge the seller anywhere from 10% to -10% depending upon the consignment. Many times, you are better off going through a qualified dealer to consign your coins. In return for a few % [usually from a rebate on the buyer's fee], they will place your coins in an appropriate venue for their type and negotiate far better terms than you are likely to receive on your own.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    There are several factors in determining rates, and they are fully negotiable. Factors depend on estimated value, prior relationships, necessity of cash advances, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Teletrade I think gets as low as 5%.

TDN has it right for the big auction firms. You are much better off going through a recognized dealer. They can sometimes get you down to 0% + a % or 2 of the buyers premium.
  • Options
    my next question is, which auction house will bring in the most for my valuable coins?image
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my next question is, which auction house will bring in the most for my valuable coins?image >>

Depends on how valuable. If you time it with the right auction that will bring viewers to your type of coins then Heritage or Stacks.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>my next question is, which auction house will bring in the most for my valuable coins?image >>

I suggest you ask a dealer who handles your particular type of coins that question - as you're negotiating his % fee for his handling your consignment.
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    I think their prices might rise a bit considering all the racket about sellers leaving eBay

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file