Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official "Name 1 coin you would like to add to your set this year (2008)" thread.

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll start it off by saying I would love to get a 1916 Barber in a MS66, and it has to be PQ for the grade, with nice toning, and it has to be dirt cheap too! imageimage

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    A dime from the JHF clad set, whatever one Stooge wants the most. Just kidding, I'll go after the one I want the most.
  • Options

<< <i>A dime from the JHF clad set. >>

I believe that this set will be sold complete to a unknown collector. The Silver set is being sold complete, why not the Clads?

JMHO.

Later, Paul.

P.S. I would like to have his 1972 MS66FB (4/0).

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Well, at the least, I hope it's auctioned coin by coin. The 72-p is safe with me Stooge, I only collect ms67s and higher.
  • Options

<< <i>The 72-p is safe with me Stooge, I only collect ms67s and higher. >>

That '72 FB is a tough one, and thats as high as that one goes.

Wanna sell me back that '74-D MS68? image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    1794 Early Dollar, Eddy Plank T206 Baseball card, Honus Wagner T206 card. None of these are in my budget, but that is what I would like.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    " The Silver set is being sold complete, why not the Clads? "

Stranger things have happened, but at the moment the Silver set is expected to be auctioned off in the first half of this year lot by lot. No decision yet on the clad set.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really just like to have a chance at a 1839 No Drapery Seated Half Dollar in anthing from PCGS VG8 to AU55 or as far as my budget could strech.
    image Can't all be dime guys.
  • Options
    1916D Merc PCGS MS64FB or a 1916 SLQ PCGS MS64FH
    . . . or some of JHF's clads.
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    I would LIKE to add an 1805 or 1807 dime in my registry set. image
  • Options

<< <i>but at the moment the Silver set is expected to be auctioned off in the first half of this year lot by lot. Wondercoin >>

He is going to break up that set huh? WOW! image

Would it be possible to state which venue this will take place? I'm actually more interested in the Clads. Are they going to wind up on TT also?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Stooge - Until I actually execute the consignment agreement with the auction house I have a draft deal penciled out with (and only after JHF gives me the "go ahead" to sign off, as he essentially "runs the show"), I would prefer not mentioning it. But, again, the current intention is to auction off the Silver Roosies the first half of this year, lot by lot.

Again, the clad set is "up in the air". I have a number of ideas, but let me say that Teletrade would certainly be a consideration. They do an excellent job auctioning top quality moderns in my opinion. They have achieved the highest prices on record for a variety of modern coins such as roughly $37,000 for a Proof Gold Eagle, $20,000+ for a Proof Ike, $14,000 for an MS70RD Lincoln cent, etc., etc. They would certainly get a chance to present a proposal to me to handle that clad dime set should that be the way we end up going.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    a toss up between 1883 v nickel with cents 65 or 1917 quarter type 1 65 fh
  • Options
    Wondercoin,

Fair enough with the answers. I appreciate any and all info, as world class sets in the Roosies do not come available very often or ever for that matter. So with that said, you can imagine the "Excitement" Us Roosie Guys have. Just post it ahead of time if possible so I can get my "Ducks" all in a row.

What would be nice is if they were not all in the same auction and spread out over time, but I'm sure he wants to do all of them at once.

Just as long as I have a crack at them!

Thanks Mitch!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    How about an 1851 seated dollar in AU-low MS that hasn't been cleaned, (over)dipped, scratched, etc.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    yevrahyevrah Posts: 143 ✭✭
    An 1899-O Barber Quarter dollar PCGS MS-63!!!
    yevrah/harvey

ebay ID: 78terp
    ANA # R-3143946

1899 Mint Set
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 1945-P MS66FS in blast white. Wondercoin, Any news on moving JHF's Jeffersons
    to auction?
  • Options
    After the dimes.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to get a Proof off metal
  • Options
    Actually I want 3 this year.

a 56-D ms65 or better FSJeffie, a 56 roosie in a 7FB, and a 56 washie in a 67.

Thats all I need.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondercoin:

These are JHF's "main" dime sets, right? And hence they will have a JHF pedigree on the slab? I ask because I'd really like to have (at least) one dime with the JHF pedigree in my collection.
    Mark

• Options

<< <i>Wondercoin:

These are JHF's "main" dime sets, right? And hence they will have a JHF pedigree on the slab? I ask because I'd really like to have (at least) one dime with the JHF pedigree in my collection. >>

I'm wondering this myself as he says in his description that he has several dupes that are not in his registry.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Hummm just one - on my budget ----- 08D Kennedy BS in 67 --- hey I'm easy what can I sayimage---- but then again The BS Kennedy's from Denver aren't raining from the sky yet.

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    Mark - Yes, the top dime set will be pedigreed.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    I know for a fact that JHF has upgraded several dates but has yet to add them to
    his registry sets. If someone was to buy his clad or silver set outright they would
    immediately become all time finest in the registry by adding those coins. I'm sure Mitch
    & JHF would entertain offer's for either his clad or silver set intact. I'm acually a
    little surprised that hasn't happened yet, or at least to my knowledge it hasn't.

edited to add: I just noticed that his silver set was updated, but not the clad
    set.
  • Options
    Nick - I actually added the 54-S MS67FB yesterday for JHF. So, at least that slot is now fixed with the finest coin.

The stand alone catalog for the Silver Roosie set should be quite nice when it is all finished.

Wondercoin

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won`t find it, but...

a PCGS 1896-S Morgan MS-61/62

Any help? image
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P mint business strike Wyoming Quarter.

(Need Utah and all of the '08 issues as well to complete the 10 year run)

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    A 1995-W ASE in PCGS PR70DCAM.

imageimage
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    A 1969-D Full Step Jefferson...

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    I would like a 32-D washington in at least MS-65.
    I can't think of anything usefull to put here image
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Problem Free PCGS XF Chain Cent
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Looks like this is the place to be when wishing!! I would like a 1957 66FB, a 1961 66FB, and, of course, the 49-P and 49-S. Then my little dime set would be complete...at least initially. Any one of those would be nice for 2008. Anyone got one?? image
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets
  • Options

<< <i>I would like a 1957 66FB, a 1961 66FB, and, of course, the 49-P and 49-S. >>

Ironically I need all 4 of these in my set too, as you can see here.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

I would be pleased to get any 67FB silver roosie to upgrade my set sometime during the year. Maybee a 64P perhaps? Very tough to find for some reason ... Hmmmm.

Larry
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of them: 1965 SMS Lincoln Cent PCGS MS65CAM
    1937-D Buffalo Nickel with 3 Legs
  • Options
    I'd like a Capped Bust Quarter, anything from 1831 through 1838, in EF for my Type Set. Actually would prefer the 1796 Draped Bust in MS62 but haven't hit Powerball yet.
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    jpo1965jpo1965 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    1903s dime in high ms would be good
    Old coins
  • Options
    I'm not greedy, we would settle for a 1967 Kennedy in "business Strike" MS67image

Second choice would be a 1971-P Kennedy in MS67image
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to pick this beauty up at the FUN show! image

36DDOTYPE1
  • Options
    A very nice example of a 1815 bust quarter to finish my set
    Dave
    Positive BST transactions with: Patches, Greencopper, 09sVDB, Ajia, Whatsup, RpmHunter, tander123,ModCrewman,Lablade

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    A 1983MS68FB Roosevelt dime.
    If you are going to wish, "WISH BIG".
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>A 1983 MS68FB Roosevelt dime.
    If you are going to wish, "WISH BIG".
    image >>

Hey Dan60, how about a nice 2005-D MS68FB/BS?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Dan60, how about a nice 2005-D MS68FB/BS? >>

Got one on the way to PCGS as we speak... The 05-D I bought off eBay not listed as FB, of which it very much is so.
    Dan
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546
    1951 S MS66 Full Step, that should put me at #2 in the 1951 mint set registry.
  • Options
    USCGCraigUSCGCraig Posts: 1,005 ✭✭
    1905-P PCGS XF45 Barber Half. This coin will give me a complete set of Barber Halves in PCGS XF45, a feat thought nigh impossible by Mr. Q. David Bowers when I spoke to him at the Baltimore show in November 2006.
    Coast Guard Craig

Looking for Denmark 1874 20-Kroner. Please offer.
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    1846 PCGS MS63 Seated Half dime

Probably won't be for sale this year, and if it will be there will be no way I can actually afford it, but I just can't stop dreamingimage

Dennis
  • Options

<< <i>1905-P PCGS XF45 Barber Half. This coin will give me a complete set of Barber Halves in PCGS XF45, a feat thought nigh impossible by Mr. Q. David Bowers when I spoke to him at the Baltimore show in November 2006. >>

I can't wait for you to find this coin. I might be going to a local show here in the Rockford, Illinois area soon, and I will definately look out for this.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>A 1995-W ASE in PCGS PR70DCAM.

imageimage >>

Any offers???!???
  • Options
    Dan, As per PCGS they do not do designation reviews any more as of yesterday.
    If your coin is on its way there now you should call PCGS tomorrow and ask....

Whats up with this....
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    1 coin. hmmm, I'd really like an MS63-64 $10 Indian.
    aka Dan