Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

The Official "Name 1 coin you would like to add to your set this year (2008)" thread.

2»

Comments

• Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dan, As per PCGS they do not do designation reviews any more as of yesterday. >>

<< <i>Whats up with this.... >>

Nick mine was logged in on Monday the 14th.
    As for whats up with this...
    Beats me... But one thing is for sure, having to pay 2-3 times for the full bands designation, needs to be investigated. Some one is costing us money because they are not desig. these coins when they grade them on the first trip.
    And no, I'm not talking "iffy FB'S", I'm talking "IN YOUR FACE", "WITHOUT A DOUBT", "YOUR BLIND GRAND FATHER CAN SEE THEM", 100% pure FB'S.
    Dan
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After much thought, I would say that the single coin I would like to add to my collection would be an original Lovett 1861 coppernickel Confederate Cent. In particular, the coin itself would be the well worn specimen that Mr. Lovett carried for a pocket piece, and spent in the bar one drunken night, and let the whole cat out of the bag.

By the way, I understand all 12 of these coins are accounted for. Does anyone know where the Lovett pocket coin resides? I would love to pay it a visit if it is on display in a historical society or such.
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any PO-01 Commemorative, gold or silver.
  • GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I would like to add the 1971-S Proof Kennedy in PCGS PR69DCAM!
  • bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I would like to add a PCGS 1877 Indian Cent or upgrade my PCGS 1909SVDB VF35 piece.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I wouldn't mind adding a real nice pop 1 1996-W Roosie in a MS69FB slab! AND...having bought a single 1996 Mint set for a cheap $20 and grading it myself, so to save the $5,000 it would cost to buy it! imageimage

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    I already added it but the next one I would like is an 1838-C Half Eagle in just about any really used grade.
  • LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    A nice Classic Head Large Cent. image