BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Screw the Patriots too!!!
  • Options

<< <i>236

Screw the Patriots too!!! >>

I like how you think!!image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you suppose the Patriots could use a grader?
  • Options

<< <i>Do you suppose the Patriots could use a grader? >>

Looks like it!
  • Options
    I heard that the coin used for the coin flip is gonna be CAC stickered.image
  • Options

<< <i>Fewer competitors in a space = fewer competitive pricing pressures, and that makes it easier to jack up fees when consumers have nowhere else to turn >>

True. On the other hand, the consolidation of competing firms can create substantial synergies, thereby increasing profits. Higher profits means more of a return to shareholders/stakeholders, which enables them to pump even more money into the economy. For all you who are crying "horrible" and "unfair," I say this: if you own even a single share of stock, or a single share of a mutual fund that deals in stock, you are one of the people who stands to gain from such mergers.

Ironically, I work for a small "mom and pop" company.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    Giants 7, Pats 0...image
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    16-0 it is!
    Whatta game!!!!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    C'mon people, let's stay focused and not drift into football talk. We need to arrange the brawl between TAClough and Ksteel...
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ken:

I do not know Mr. Taylor (nor do I know you). But it does strike me that you are doing a lot more than "<i>state what has been stated as fact by others here</i>". In particular, in various posts you have said:
    1) I hope this fails miserably and that Mr. Taylor loses his ass financially
    2) Why would someone want to go to work for a scumbag that already has a reputation for screwing over employees??
    3) Sure, piss on the loyal employees that you just dumped with absolutely no notice
    4) High morals= Sounds to me like a person that would take a crap on your living room carpet.
    5) As i said before...ANACS = ANUS

While I have read all these posts in the main ANACS threads, I do not recall anyone else being overly concerned with Mr. Taylor's derriere (your comment 1), his choice of partners (your comment 2), Mr. Taylor's urinary stream (your comment 3), where Mr. Taylor choses to eliminate (your comment 4), or a comparison between ANACS and any part of the anatomy (your comment 5). Of course, others might also have used similar colorful language but unless you are privy to many of Mr. Taylor's personal habits, it seems as if you have been doing more than simply "stating facts." >>

Was there a response to this from the addressee?
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    This is certainly a ground breaking thread.

I learned that Walter Cronkite cost us a victory in Viet Nam, and all along I thought it was John Kerry's fault. We learned that someone can sell a business and the buyer get blamed for the jettisoning of its employees, first time in 30+ years of financing companies that I have heard this argument. I learned that folks with diabetes ( I have that too) can still want to fight in their retirement years ( I certainly don't) but at the same time use it as an excuse in another thread. I guess it comes and goes. I have a check up with my Doc on the 7th, I'll tell him there are new breakthroughs in the disease and I am sure he will be happy with that. image Well maybe I better not he already worries about my sanity.image

Lastly, I sure hope all that talk about karma is exaggerated. Now who else can we try to publicly destroy.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the new thread about J.P. Martin being intoduced as an ANACS grader shilling MS-70 2008 silver eagles on one of the TV whorer shows.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    "Now, we're not ones to go 'round spreadin' rumors,

Why, really we're just not the gossipy kind,

No, you'll never hear one of us repeating gossip,

So you'd better be sure and listen close the first time!"

Sorry just could not help it image
    RACC
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
  • Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my take on this mess: For one thing for any of you posters using ANACS as a "bodybag" service, expect significant delays in turn around time despite posted gaurantees. This is a sad, sad day for "ANACS" or what ever you want to call this new company now owned by "Driving Farce". When James Taylor moved ANACS to Texas one of his stated reasons was his concern about attracting good employee talent to Ohio, i.e. bad weather and an overall crummy economy would preclude that from happening. So how does uprooting the comany over the holidays and moving it to the frozen northwest make for good business sense? It just does not and appears to almost gaurantee a period of degraded customer service. (They already went thru one period of degraded service when moving from Columbus to Austin at the end of 2005) As far as ICG is concerned, they have been around for quite a while and have not become a significant player. Just check out Heritage Galleries on any given day and see how few ICG coins are being offered for sale versus NGC and PCGS. They hurt their rep badly buy pumping out so much over-graded PR-70 proof junk that they will never give "HERTZ" or "AVIS" a run for their money now. I can see some type of a "merger" of what is left of ANACS and ICG sometime in 2008. (Picture two galaxies colliding when they get too close together as ANACS and ICG are now, the result is just one galaxy!!)
    I have an ICG ms68 buffalo nickel, an astounding coin that would be worth over ten grand in a PCGS holder. As such it is proably only worth a bit more that a PCGS ms67 if that. I really do believe it is an MS68 but will never cross into an NGC or PCGS holder. So what is the point? The reputation of the grading company has everything to do with a coins value. I can see the value of ANACS slabbed coins in both the new and old small holders decreasing in value in the months ahead.
    Problem coins in the new ANACS holder look like crap with all the "cleaned' "corroded" and "tooled" coments all over the label. Anyway this whole sorry mess will make for some intersting times in the first two or three or months of 2008. Expect to see some new and creative ads in Numimatic News and Coin World from ICG and ANACS. I do not wish any ill to either ICG or ANACS but considering what has happened it the past 2008 will not be a good year for either service. Too bad. I like both ANACS holders (old and new) as well as the ICG. holder. But the holder is not the most important thing.
    To all you posters have a happy new year. (Tom Arch now living in the frozen wastelands of northeast Ohio -- for the past 20 years) aka "BUFFNIXX"
    Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>236

16-0!! Fear the Hoodie!!!!!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

You geeks have a way of making this geek laugh.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>236

16-0!! Fear the Hoodie!!!!! >>

Fear the playoffs.image
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I have always heard that "a picture is worth a thousand words" This is what HSN was selling this morning.

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have always heard that "a picture is worth a thousand words" This is what HSN was selling this morning.

image >>

Definitely a collector item. I hope it doesn't get cracked out image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have always heard that "a picture is worth a thousand words" This is what HSN was selling this morning.

image >>

Definitely a collector item. I hope it doesn't get cracked out image >>

Sadly, fools will buy them!
  • Options

<< <i>This is certainly a ground breaking thread.

I learned that Walter Cronkite cost us a victory in Viet Nam, and all along I thought it was John Kerry's fault. We learned that someone can sell a business and the buyer get blamed for the jettisoning of its employees, first time in 30+ years of financing companies that I have heard this argument. I learned that folks with diabetes ( I have that too) can still want to fight in their retirement years ( I certainly don't) but at the same time use it as an excuse in another thread. I guess it comes and goes. I have a check up with my Doc on the 7th, I'll tell him there are new breakthroughs in the disease and I am sure he will be happy with that. image Well maybe I better not he already worries about my sanity.image

Lastly, I sure hope all that talk about karma is exaggerated. Now who else can we try to publicly destroy. >>

I think we also need to add:
    KenNoBrainsNoBallsHeader is a blowhard and a moron. If we could have his posts removed, this would be a worthwhile thread.
    Instead, we have to wade through his infantile comments every few posts.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I have an ICG ms68 buffalo nickel, an astounding coin that would be worth over ten grand in a PCGS holder. As such it is proably only worth a bit more that a PCGS ms67 if that. I really do believe it is an MS68 but will never cross into an NGC or PCGS holder. >>

Don't you trust PCGS to grade it accurately? If the holder is a liability, crack it out and submit.

(I do not disagree with your comment regarding the influence having the "right" slab around a coin has on its value. While some collectors are strict adherents to the maxim - buy the coin, not the holder, they seem to be a distinct minority.)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This is certainly a ground breaking thread.

Lastly, I sure hope all that talk about karma is exaggerated. Now who else can we try to publicly destroy. >>

I think we also need to add:
    KenNoBrainsNoBallsHeader is a blowhard and a moron. If we could have his posts removed, this would be a worthwhile thread.
    Instead, we have to wade through his infantile comments every few posts. >>

Wow! I'll lose a lot of sleep over what you think!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file