Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

PAIRINGS LISTED POST #51 FOR CHRISTMAS COIN SWAP. Merry Christmas all. PLEASE SEE POST #110

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    So far, it would appear that the following are IN the Christmas Coin Swap.

If you are IN and I have left you out please let me know ASAP. If you're IN & DO NOT SEE your Name, LMK, ASAP!

1- B00M

2- EYoung429

3- MorganHunter2

4- ClayChaser

5- TorinoCobra71

6- Musky1011

7- ASnovell

8- TexasT

9- Bigtime36

10- BStat1020

11- LonelyP

12- Slipgate

13- JohnK

14- WoodardCoin

15- El Kevvo

16- BigJohnD

17- Aija

************************************************************************************************
    Barring any omissions or any unforeseeable issues, the line up will be as follows. (TENTATIVE PAIRINGS/ PROBLEMS? SPEAK UP BEFORE I MAKE THESE PAIRINGS FINAL @ 11:59 PM PDT TONIGHT, SUNDAY 12-16-2007)

B00M swaps with Musky1011

EYoung429 swaps w/ BStat1020

MorganHunter2 swaps w/ El Kevvo

Bigtime36 swaps w/ TexasT

JohnK swaps w/ ClayChaser

TorinoCobra71 swaps w/ asnovell

slipgate swaps w/ BigJohnD & aija in a 3 way swap because we are odd numbered

LonelyP swaps w/ woodardcoin

EVERYBODY CHECK THIS LIST TO BE SURE NO ONE HAS BEEN LEFT OUT OR ANY OTHER POSSIBLE ISSUES. IN THE EVENT THERE ARE ANY SUCH ISSUES PLEASE BRING THEM TO MY ATTENTION ASAP AS THIS IS, I REPEAT, A TENTATIVE PAIRING AND IS NOT ETCHED IN STONE UNTIL I SMACK THE GAVEL LATER THIS EVENING. I APPRECIATE EVERYONES' CO-OPERATION AND WISH ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE, PROSPEROUS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • Options
    PM sent to Woodardcoin.

Glad to have you up and running again budy.

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    P.M. sent to Boom
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    PM sent to El Kevvo

and to Boom.
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sent to TexasT

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    PM sent to Musky1011 & MH2.

We are a "Go."
  • Options
    I think you can etch this one, LonelyP swaps w/ woodardcoin.

We seem to have the beginnings of a very good swap going.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Reply sent to bigtime36
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    Coins mailed to Boom
    USPS Priority
    Insured
    Signature Confirmation
    #2304 3090 0000 1539 6571

You should have em soon

Santa Jim

• Options
    Deal set with bigtime36, Package will go out tommorow.
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    Brian and I have completed negotiations and will be shipping Thurs.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Been in contact with johnk.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    OK, Musky - Dine ..... barring any unforeseen events, this should be your DC# should be ...

0303 2460 0000 6520 2551

I'll be leaving for the Post Office in just a few minutes and hope you like what I'm sending.

If not, we'll just keep it up till we ARE happy campers. image

Merry Christmas ole boy and everyone else that has been a part of our swaps this past year.

Gotta go! Late as usual. HA ... NOT THIS TIME!imageimage

May you all have a Merry Christmas and a safe, prosperous and Happy New Year!imageimageimage
  • Options
    All you young- uns, LISTEN UP.

THESE ARE YOUR COMMON SENSE RULES OF COIN SWAPPING.

1-Communicate

2 Agree on a price & how you arrive at it

3- Treat each other well

4- Post all pertinent info (such as DC#s) to these boards.

5- When or IF in doubt, ADD MORE!

6- Any issues should first be ironed out between partners.

7- In the event any issues are not reconcilable. Should you be unable to have an equitable swap, send each others' stuff BACK!

8- NO ONE is free to do what he wants with any goods received until BOTH partners make it known PUBLICLY, ON THIS FORUM, that said swap is deemed mutually satisfactory.

9- In the event things get way out of hand - come to ME!

10- HAVE FUN! It's a HOBBY! Treat your partner the way YOU would like to be treated. NO UNREALISTIC DEMANDS WILL BE TOLERATED! Chronic abusers to this WILL be shown the EXIT.

Season's Greetings everyone. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
  • Options
    Package sent Priority Mail Insured to bigtime36 delivery confirmation number is: 0307 0020 0001 0611 7385

Merry Christmas,

Tex
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭
    SWAP Package mailed out to asnovell

Mailed USPS Priority Mail.

Delivery Confirmation # 0103-8555-7492-5533-0867

Merry Christmas All!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    JP and I are still working out our deal but should be done real soon. image

Paul

• Options
    Package received from Boom

Nice stuff

Hope he likes what I sent him

Santa Jim

• Options
    Paul and I have made a deal will ship im the morning and post DC# asap .
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Texast and I are at agreement.

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    HEY EVERYBODY. Earlier I alluded to the fact that I am running my eBay auctions for Charity with ALL the proceeds going through The Knights of Columbus Council 12997 @ Nativity of Our Lady Church.

Here is the lint to MY AUCTIONS. Now check this out.

I have decided not to ask anyone for contributions however a few kindred souls have either made donations or sent some items to be auctioned or to be given to Young Numismatists/ perhaps even in the form of small Gifts for needy children and I appreciate it but HERE is where you REALLY SHOULD PAY ATTENTION, OK?

You ALL work with me all year long, right here. You ALL know how I feel about treating one another. IF YOU PAY ATTENTION FOR A FEW MINUTES YOU COULD GET REALLY LUCKY.

I believe eyoung 429 and Bigtime 36 would both vouch for my spirit of generosity. Bigtime just happened to draw ME as his very First swap mate and I wanted to make SURE it was one that he would always have fond memories of. In another thread he expressed that indeed it was "One to remember." God, I hate tooting my own horn but there IS a point to be made here.

Earl is more special to me than he even realizes and that would be due to ONE simple act of Compassion shown to me when I needed it most. In the True Spirit of GIVING, I gave him what can be easily summed up as one of, if not my FAVORITE COIN because it was very "unique."

I discovered a LONG TIME AGO that when we GIVE, it is WE, the GIVERS, that actually benefit the most. In other words, it literally FEELS GOOD to GIVE without expecting to be compensated. For ME, it goes much deeper but I will try to keep it short.

Some here may recall that I have undergone some MAJOR Life changes over the past 2 and a half years. Before this I used to run a Christmas Charity Drive here and right along with the events of my Life (2 1/2 yrs ago) things got crazy, got ugly and way out of control. My Life was turned upside down and everything about it ceased to be. I was violated in more ways than I care to remember but when I realized that nothing I could say (not even the Truth) would stop the Venom aimed at me, I withdrew to Silence and relied heavily on my Faith. Now that I look back I know what really happened and so does the Big Man upstairs ... and ya know what? That's ALL that really matters.

My point IS, because of all of this, I spent 18 months in self imposed Silence. I took a long hard look inward, at ME. People tried to make something that was beautiful Ugly which brings me to what is going on THIS YEAR regarding a very long Tradition I have had regarding helping those less fortunate than we, at Christmas.

Some seem to enjoy raking people over the coals. I cannot bring myself to wish ill on anyone, not even someone that betrayed me after a 28 year relationship. I'm sure glad I didn't wish ill upon this person as she is totally burnt and living a Private Hell.

I have always had this "thing" for helping others. There are quite a few people amongst us that can vouch for this statement. So, this year, in addition to what I have already done with and through my Brother Knights of Columbus, since so many cynical people are among us and seem to want Full Disclosure, I've made it real simple. Every item I auction over this coming weekend will go to my special cause through Council 12997, through my Grand Knight and my Pastor.

In our Fraternity (some of you might actually be shocked to learn that here among us are OTHER Knights of Columbus that KNOW and can vouch for the Fact that ALL KNIGHTS are Sworn to a Vow of Secrecy) JohnK and TexasT are BOTH Knights of Columbus. Did you know this? They are 2 very special men and I KNEW there was something a little "different" about them however, Mojoman can vouch for what he has come to learn about me, too, first-hand.

I have NOT asked anyone for so much as one thin Dime, nor do I intend to but KNOW THIS: There are others here with hearts of Gold whose Names I will honor by keeping them anonymous. They are REALLY CLOSE AT HAND!

They gave without asking for anything in return and they could care less about "Full Disclosure." The demographics of our Council, 12997 is indeed very broad. Within the Council are some very powerful men such as our Parish (County) District Attorney, Attorneys, CPAs, very wealthy men that donate tens of thousands of dollars for this same Charity that some of the so-called "Elite" among us questioned, and they do so without so much as batting an eye. One Fellow Knight wrote a check for $10,000. He didn't ask questions because he KNOWS and SEES because he is on the Inside and just like me, he too learned a long time ago that Money doesn't matter when you live with the reality that Death could come any moment and there may not be a next breath/ a next heartbeat and under such conditions money means nothing and IS NOT the Measure of a Man.

OK, so I have actually said more than I meant to but NOTHING short of Death is going to stop ME from doing that which I am compelled to do every Christmas. It is too deeply ingrained into my very being. As such, I repeat, the proceeds from EVERY ITEM I auction over the next few days (most of which are MINE to do with as I damn well please) IS GOING TO BE GIVEN TO CHRISTMAS CHARITIES and my Deacon, my Pastor AND my Grand Knight ALL KNOW what the deal is, meaning that although I will personally hand over a certified Bank Check, I do not want ANY recognition nor do I want my Name mentioned or brought up in any Fashion.

I am going to donate the proceeds of MY listings to Charity and all the aforementioned have received a voucher from me and are authorized to distribute the funds to Toys for Tots, the St. Francis Diner, to the MOST needy in our area (this has already been done - all I need do now is auction my items and HERE is where YOU come in.

I am auctioning, among other things, 4 1963 US Proof sets (the coins are spectacular) AND INSIDE EACH SET WILL BE SOME FORM OF GOLD! EVERYONE THAT WINS ONE OF THESE SETS WILL RECEIVE AT LEAST A 24 KT (not layered) US GOV'T $20 GOLD ST. GAUDENS MINIATURE, BUT ONE PERSON WILL TAKE HOME A PAMP S A (SWISS) .9999% PURE GOLD INGOT CERTIFIED BY THE ASSAYER'S OFFICE BEARING CERTIFICATION NUMBER 507020. IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE.

ALL YOU NEED DO IS BID. THE SPECIFICATIONS OF THE MINATURES MAY BE SEEN ON EVERY ONE OF THE PROOF SETS' ITEM DESCRIPTIONS AS CAN THE SPECS ON THE 2.5 GRAM PURE GOLD INGOT. IF YOU BELIEVE IN ME AND I SINCERELY HOPE YOU DO AS I HAVE TRIED MY BEST TO RUN OUR SWAPS EQUITABLY TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY.

If you want to help this cause and have a chance to win Gold (Who knows ... I may even place bonuses within ALL my listings, then help by bidding on all my items. Some items I have already sold to fellow members right here - OFF EBAY - those proceeds were included too). OK, so NOW you know.. Your bids and co-operation WILL BE greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas everybody and Happy New Year, imageimage

Special Thanks goes out to Mojo, LonelyP, Musky1011, JohnK, TexasT, eyoung429, MorganHunter2 and several more who I surely must be forgetting as I am now One eyed with a pounding Migraine headache. image

Peace Bros.
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

My ebay ID paulz603. OUTBID ME I DARE YOU!!!

• Options
    I like to snipe fellas......
  • Options

<< <i>I got you outbid lonelyp 4 times!!!

image >>

imageimageimageimage

Not any mooore

PS

<< <i>I like to snipe fellas......

-------------------------
    Collecting Morgans was a passion, divorce is no longer inevitable, she Has the NEW CAR >>

Me too but in this case I'm trying to start a bidding war

• Options
    Oh I forgot,

The DC#s for my swap package are:

0307 0020 0005 3701 8350

I did send it priority even though I have found first class tends to be faster. I'm still afraid it wont be there until boxing day at the earliest.

Still nothing wrong with getting a present after the big day. image

• Options
    Package sent out to lonleyp DC ## 0306 1070 0003 6766 1446

Merry Christmas to ALL image
  • Options
    Hi Guys.

It's been a heck of a day and it's like being on the clock 24/7. I sleep when I can catch a couple hours every now and then. Fact is, I just got back from a Dr. appointment FEW HOURS BACK/ SAT IN THE CHAIR FOR A MOMENT'S REST AND JUST WENT RIGHT OUT LIKE A LIGHT! Sorry about the caps. I'm bad for that and I DO apologize but I'm not going back to edit. (Uh-uh).

Those of you that I allow into My World are indeed, quite few. Trust is NOT an easy thing for me ... and with Good Reason (that's far enough!)

Anyway, I want to thank everyone here that's chosen to be a part of our little group of swappers. To me you guys are like Family. I have come to know most of you quite well.

Well, I suppose I should check on what's going on @ eBay and get busy listing but first I see that I've received a box from my swap partner. I'll check it in a bit but I'm sure that whatever he sent will be fine. Thanx Musky. image

Y'all keep checking my eBay cause I intend to keep posting all the way thru the end of the year with everything going to our worthy little cause. Thanx for everything to everyone of you. image I think I need some coffee.

Later,

Boomimage
  • Options
    Check the auctions for Charity going off within the next few hours.

Thanx. Merry Christmas all. image

• Options
    Coins mailed to johnk today!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Here is my update- ElKevvo and I have made our choices- sad part is on my end of things I can't locate an item in our agreed price range in this entire area- go figure california is not as hip with old stuff as you think.

I have to go outside the box on this one- I contacted a friend of mine who specializes in what elKev is looking for and he is going to assisit me in this endeavor.

I have to PM ElKev and let him know it will definitely be after Xmas from my end (my friend is in Hawaii as a treat from his ol lady, wish mine did that to me) so in the spirit of the Holidays and to our fellow swappers I wish you all good tidings and cheer and may the good Lord give to you Peace and Prosperity in the upcoming new year.

• Options
    That's really nice MH2.

Just to update. The swap between Musky and me has been deemed mutually gratifying and a success. image
  • Options
    WOO HOO

Jim

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in the same boat as my swap partner, MorganHunter2, searching! It has been fun though and I have actually learned a couple things! I have a couple of things on the way via 3rd parties and will wrap this up this week if things go well. I have enjoyed the search!

Kevin
    ANA LM
  • Options
    you guys should just do suprise swaps

just set a dollar amount and the number of coins and have at it

no unrealistic demands

plus like Gomer Pyle says- "Suprise,suprise.suprise"

Jim

• Options
    Package to be sent today. Will post delivery + ins info asap. Thanks! Andy
    Andy
  • Options
    I picked up a GREAT package, that was a purchase from Boom today at the PO. Was hoping that I could get my swap package at the same time. By the tracking info I think it should come today. but who knows.

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Package shipped to slipgate today, priority.

This took longer than expected, sorry.

Anyway, hope you like it.

Del. Conf - Insurance #0703 8555 7490 1906 4902

With some luck this should be a nice 'Day after Christmas' present.

Augie.

PS-BigJohnD & I are looking to make a swap after Christmas.

• Options
    Package went out today to Brian!!!!

0503 8555 7491 3777 2019 priority ins.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Package came in from Paul today . All I can say is WOW . I am going to have to send him another package to go along with the one I sent last week . Once again WOW!!
  • Options

<< <i>Label/Receipt Number: 0307 0020 0001 0611 7385
    Your item was delivered at 1:00 PM on December 24, 2007 in ARVADA, CO 80003. >>

Well it looks like Bigtime36 got his package... Hope he liked it...

Merry Christmas everybody...

Tex
  • Options
    I had a swap package Christmas present in my mail box today. I picked it up on my way out, to be with my family, and opened it after getting home.

3 NICE Morgans, I haven't checked to see if the albums have empty holes as yet.
    2 BU Jeffs from 1938-D + S.
    And a bonus 1960-P MS-70 1 step Jeff, INB certified, image. Not a bad looking nickel, but MS-70???

I'm very happy with this swap. image

UPDATE: My albums had empty spots for 2 of the Morgans, both 38s, And the 1960-P. I also liked that the INB slab was so easily opened.image

PS.
    JP
    I know I was all over the place. But what did you like best?

• Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Package en route to slipgate

Christmas was busier than expected, but it's finally en route.
  • Options
    HUMMMM tough one Paul but I would say the Kookaburra . It's actually my first one . But I did need almost all of the other coins in the lot . I am very happy with the assortment.
  • Options
    Very nice swap with johnk. He sent me some very nice original and crusty type coins!

• Options
    Seems to be a real lack of information about the swaps, The grinch could not have struck everyone. "Show Us The Money (coins)"
  • Options
    Package sent to TorinoCobra71. Ins # 1307 1300 0003 3580 5937

Sorry for the delay.
    Andy