Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

PAIRINGS LISTED POST #51 FOR CHRISTMAS COIN SWAP. Merry Christmas all. PLEASE SEE POST #110

Well, it IS True. Time really does fly. It seems like only Yesterday that we were entering the 21st Century!

Just Yesterday that incredible day in September of 2001 took place. Remember where you were?

Doesn't it seem like only Yesterday that The Statehood Quarter Program was starting and 2008 seemed so far away?

Many things have happened to ALL of us and Life moves onward oh, so quickly. Just Yesterday many things were different for ME. In a strange sort of way I've been set Free and indeed, I HAVE BEEN very Blessed.

Well Buys (and Girls) soon Christmas will have come and gone, just as Halloween and Thanksgiving have.

Those of you that have been here for several years SHOULD REMEMBER what Christmas means to me and with that I am going to be getting REALLY BUSY, REAL SOON. PLEASE READ POST #74.image

As such, I ask that we give special thought to this particular swap. As eyoung429 is getting ready to find out .... as Bigtime36 found out recently. I enjoy seeing people genuinely happy.

No... make no mistake about it, I am not asking for anything (if you know what I mean). "It" will be taken care of in all YOUR Names - NOT MINE and you need NOT DO ANYTHING.

Just begin signing up, please, ASAP and if some new person expresses the desire to take part, in the event that I am not here to answer I hereby am asking any and all "Elders" to advise him or her as to what is required (information-wise), to answer his or her questions to the best of your abilities and to direct the individuals to previous swaps in which guidelines were clearly lain out.

I am counting on Musky1011, eyoung429, TorinoCobra71, claychaser, Millertime .... any Elder that happens to be present, to point what I hope to be verifiable new members, in the right direction and to help in every way possible. You guys work TOGETHER, OK?

Show them the way and what is expected of them. I sure would appreciate it. Meanwhile, I'll be attemting to do all that I can, doing what I always do at this time of year and undoubtedly will once again totally exhaust myself. I'll also be thinking of maybe some new added twist to the swap. If I succeed I'll present the idea here, to everyone.

Have a great day Gentlemen. image

Presently we are odd numbered for the Collectors' Club Christmas Swap. Please check pairings circa Post # 52.

There is much to do. image again, PLEASE READ POST #74.image

Thank you.image

Comments

• Options
    I am in and I have my list and checking it twice.....

If you are a new entry, please feel free to ask any questions....better to ask now than after the fact.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Mr Young will be considered to be my 1st assistant when he's present and I am away.

Thanx E. image
  • Options

<< <i>Mr Young will be considered to be my 1st assistant when he's present and I am away.

Thanx E. image >>

And I'm chopped liver?

I'm in it for many reasons- not just Xmas.

I think it would be nice this year if we get a coupel of YN's to post here Boom- and let a few of the elders- send them something in line as a grab bag thingy.

Later guys- duty calls( I've been pottie trained).
  • Options

<< <i>I think it would be nice this year if we get a coupel of YN's to post here Boom- and let a few of the elders- send them something in line as a grab bag thingy. >>

I would like to do thisimage send a Y.N something like a grab-bag-thingy.
    or I could donate it to one of the "ELDERS" to ditribute it as seen fit?
    LMK
    GOD BLESS everyone here and take care,MoJoMaNimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Ho Ho Ho!

Put me in, please.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

• Options
    Great ideas and MH2, worry not my Brother. I did not name everyone and no One of us is greater than the Whole.

Any of you that have ever had my ear privately knows that I hold each & every one of you as I would my Blood Brother.

Unless I openly declare anything to the contrary or should any one give me "just cause" to have a private conversation with you, there IS no problem. Just as a parent oversees his own, I see all of you as equals. All are as One here.

I have maintained this perspective from the onset. The door is always open.

Boom image
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm inimage
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options

<< <i>Mr Young will be considered to be my 1st assistant when he's present and I am away.

Thanx E. image >>

Thank god it's not my jobimage

Jim

• Options
    Hi, count me in! Thanks! Andy
    Andy
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in - if there is something I need to know for the Christmas swap that is different please post it or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Tim
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I shall be in! This will be my first Christmas swap hereimage

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    Count me in please.

I also have an idea for your xmas charity drive, but I'll PM that.image

Paul

PS.
    I would also like to donate to the grabbag thingy.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    I'm in!
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    lonelyp, you truly have a heart of Gold. The Christmas Charity has never died nor will it ever!

This year's Charity Drive will be handled by my local Chapter of The Knights of Columbus, Council 12997. Funds raised will be divided 4 ways ... to help those less fortunate, to buy toys for Tots, to buy food that will be delivered in bags for those able to cook and last but not least, to help fund the local soup kitchen.

Anyone familiar with The Knights of Columbus KNOWS that we are SWORN to secrecy, to acts of Charity towards the most needy, to uphold the precepts and teachings of The Church and as 4th Degrees, to Patriotism.

As for the Charity, I ask for NOTHING. Anything you choose to or NOT TO DO is strictly YOUR choice. Whatever I raise will be presented to my Grand Knight in the form of a certified check in the presence of the entire Council and our Pastor.

I know what I'm doing and that's all that needs to be said except for Merry Christmas to all.

• Options
    Do I ask the "Bell Ringer" what's going to be done with my handfull of pocket change? OF COURSE NOT!!! I know my donation will go for the benifit of the less fortunate. That's all that matters to me.

So tell me who's doing the grab bag? I want to send a roll of circ Mercs to go in.

If I'm not mistaken some of the swap club members, have YNs at home. THEY COUNT TOO, even if they aren't board members. image

I need an address to send them to.

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    i would like in image
  • Options
    Good to have you aboard JohnK. Very good, indeed! image

Thank you for offering to help those less fortunate than we are.

Welcome back asnovelli. You are in and good to go. (PM sent)

everyone on this page is good to go

We need some more participants.

PLEASE GET SIGNED IN!
  • Options

<< <i>This year's Charity Drive will be handled by my local Chapter of The Knights of Columbus, Council 12997. Funds raised will be divided 4 ways ... to help those less fortunate, to buy toys for Tots, to buy food that will be delivered in bags for those able to cook and last but not least, to help fund the local soup kitchen. >>

this time of year always seems to be the most important for"GIVING" to those who NEED IT ,I do donate at my local church and to the Salvation Army, But I would also like to make a donation to your group,please pm me the info image GOD BLESS and take care,MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks Guys.

I'd like to bring something to everyones' attentions. The local Newspaper is appropriately named The Daily Iberian.

This will help drive home just how desperate some people still are around here.

To go to The Daily Iberian, try logging onto www.iberianet.com and look for today's Sunday edition, 12-02-2007 (115th Year, Number 249)

Top left corner, you'll see "Outreach" (Organ transplants save many lives). My personal perspective is this. I am an organ donor and it is so recorded and is very easily verified by the placement of a small red heart on my driver's license. When I pass they are to wisk me away as quickly as possible and help themselves to as many functional organs as they can salvage.

Consider giving the Gift of Life. It's strictly MY position that if I may help prolong or help save just ONE Life ...the Life of someone's Loved One, then I will have made a difference. I ask that you ALL to consider doing this. Imagine being on the waiting list, HOPING someone decides to do so because YOUR Loved One or your child's life is at stake.

OK, so if you've accessed the newspaper I now ask that you drop down towards the bottom of the front page. Actually this cause is The Humane Society but move up to the article right above and you will see "Theft at Diner Building." This is where people bring things to be sold at Garage Sales to fund The St. Francis Diner... the intended target of a portion of what funds I and several other people, including Fellow Knights of Columus raise all year long as the Diner feed many people that otherwise would not eat.

If you've found the article you will see that this storage building was broken into and some REALLY DESPERATE PEOPLE stole bottled water, toilet paper and paper towels. HOW VERY SAD, INDEED because if you read the article, the Director of the Diner goes on to say, "It's no use breaking in there, If they want something, they can come to the Diner and we'll GIVE it to them. If they need shoes or clothes or whatever, all they need do is come to us and we'll give it to them." Understand that the picture you see IS NOT The Diner but a collection point ... a Garage Sale building.

Not far from this building is "the projects". ..... one of several project facilities around here. Some really poor people live in those projects, including a bunch of fatherless kids. Do you know that there STILL are people living in FEMA trailers all around here as a rresult of Hurricane Katrina? To this day there is still much devastation and homes that were totally under water that did not have Flood Insurance.

I've NEVER been afraid to make deliveries to "the projects" and during all these years nothing has ever happened to me or anyone of us that go ito what actually can be a scary place, particularly after night falls.

Our Church, our Council helps sustain people like this all year as The Diner never turns anyone away.

Admittedly, I have a soft spot for little kids and the elderly. Now that you have the web address, take the time to pull the paper up and watch how this will all unfold right in front of you. Yes, there are poor everywhere. What would it hurt you or me to bring or buy something to eat for that person that doesn't look so handsome or pretty or perhaps smells a bit because he or she has been made to be Homeless? That homeless person, quite easily, some day be YOU!

If we ALL performed just 1 such act of piety everyday we just may help make this screwed up world a better place in which to live. It certainly wouldn't break anyone here to do so .... on your own, in anonymity. We might even feel a lot better about ourselves.

If you have many warm jackets and spot someone with none, try GIVING that person the coat off your back. Wanna feel truly Good about Yourself? Try it. image

More ... later..... MEANWHILE - WE HAVE A COIN SWAP GOING ON - LET'S GET SIGNED UP. image

Boom image
  • Options
    I am hoping all those signed in for this swap are reading this post.

I brought up the subject of a grab bag for the YN's in this swap, and that is how I would like to keep it- strictly for YN's in the swap OR a family member who has a YN and wants to contribute for the grab bag.

I have some items that I will place in say 10 grab bags (presuming we have 10 YN's in the swap) IF you as an ADULT want to add to the grab bag- send me a PM with items that will go into the grab bag.

The YN's must PM me there addy info- and adults- you will need to send me the info of your YN.

I will put a time limit to this- respond to me no later than 4 p.m. on 12/15/07 - I already have at least 3 items from me that are strictly numismatic items- not junk stuff.

I hope to hear from you guys soon- I will have all grab bags ready to ship on 12/18/07- and for the most part- I will ship Priority Mail- this will get there in plenty of time - as long as it is within the U.S.A.

So hopefully a few more members will join the swap, and pitch in for a YN.

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    PM Sent to MORGANHUNTER2!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Looks to me like we have a total of 14 members here for the swap..

and I have heard from 5 folks with regards to the YN grab bags- but no YN's (other than family

Guys we need to round up a few of the YN's here so we can make it a fun grab bag.

PM me for my info.
  • Options
    PM SENT to MORGANHUNTER2 imageimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Ok count me in . My first swap let's give it a go .
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I PM'ed MH2 for my son to be entered.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    oops

Jim

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for the swap!

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the swap
  • Options
    This needs to stay at the top- the old holiday swaps are just that- over n dun wit-

Time to get more faces in here- so Guys/gals- start roundin up a few more and a few YN's as well!

Times a runnin....
  • Options
    Seems strange,
    First thing Wed morning I shipped 2 packages.

1 First class parcel only, with DC. this had to go all the way across the country Nh to Ca.

The second, only had to go half way across to La, and was shipped "priority" with insurance and DC.

Running the DC #s shows the 1st as delivered, and the PRIORITY package only shows as processed.

Why use priority shipping anyway?

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Why use priority shipping anyway?

Because it make us feel better paying more!

This would make a cool thread, OP throws out a question about shipping.
    The member who answers has to ask a question of his own about shipping....

Why can't the P.O. insure a package less than 3/4" UNLESS it's in a Prioity envelpoe?

Hey Boom, if there's still time I'll join in.
  • Options

<< <i>Why use priority shipping anyway? >>

Because we are like little kids on Christmas-We cannot wait to open them

• Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    When will we get our pairings for the swap?

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options

<< <i>

Because we are like little kids on Christmas-We cannot wait to open them >>

Thats my point. The NON-priority package got there first.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Because we are like little kids on Christmas-We cannot wait to open them >>

Thats my point. The NON-priority package got there first. >>

yes it did- sometimes cheaper is faster.
  • Options
    As you all may ( or may not) have noticed, I haven't been round here much and when I am, it's not for long.

Let's set the deadline for approved entry at 12 midnight PDT 12-15-07.

At that time pairings will be set which basically leaves that Sunday to allow for communication and to see if there are any problems. That Monday/ Tuesday we will all do what we must to get the items OUT so that this can be finished business by Christmas.

Remember .. being the Christmas Holidays you can fully expect delays with the Mail soooo we MUST have them out & IN the System 1 week before Christmas at the very latest.

By 12-18-07 Everyone should have posted their mailing info to this very Forum.

Pass the word to one another, OK?

Gotta go Boyz! image
  • Options
    3 more pkgs rcvd today from Bociman, woodardcoin, and moioman- thanks guys- I will post a list of the YN's here and in the post I started on the 15th- which is the cut date.

smoe nice stuff going to the YN's......
  • Options

<< <i>3 more pkgs rcvd today from Bociman, woodardcoin, and moioman- thanks guys- I will post a list of the YN's here and in the post I started on the 15th- which is the cut date.

smoe nice stuff going to the YN's...... >>

MH2...you should have told me your keyboard was having problems, I would have included an extra one for you image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>3 more pkgs rcvd today from BocHiman, woodardcoin, and moioman- thanks guys- I will post a list of the YN's here and in the post I started on the 15th- which is the cut date.

smoe nice stuff going to the YN's...... >>

MH2...you should have told me your keyboard was having problems, I would have included an extra one for you image >>

Send the whole computer along with a secretary....and my keyboard will still get stuck.

• Options
    The secretary is a guy image

• Options

<< <i>The secretary is a guy image >>

Well I am in HOLLYWOOD ya know image

but yer legs better be shaved.image
  • Options
    Hey guys. My machine has totally weirded out on me since running a so-called critical update sooooo, at best, for now, I have to use a friend's to login when I can while we get to the bottom of what caused it AND
    I shop for a new machine.

Also, should anyone need to contact me you'll have to call. If I miss your call I will get back to you.

As an incentive, to those that donate, I have a few Gifts in mind to give you that I think are NOT permitted/ allowable to offer on eBay. This will need to be discuussed privately. Everyone will come out a Winner .... if ya know what i mean. image

Nothin' like a good case of Murphy's Law and at the worst possible time.imageimageimageimage
    I WILL keep track of what is going on here and the swap etc WILL GO ON!

I've received items from mojoman, lonelyp and Musky1011 to be used for the Christmas Drive and would like to acknowledge and thank them publicly. Thanx Guys. You ALL have very unselfish hearts.

I've only been able to post one item so far (One of my own which goes off late Sunday nite - sooooo throw some bids on it as it all goes to Charity - OK ) yet I DO plan to try to get to this box, if I must, to try to get others listed as well. Due to all this, sadly it's the ONLY item I have listed on eBay for this weekend at present, but it's NICE! (Search by seller - pittbreeder)

Should anyone else wish to get involved, be it with things to auction or otherwise, several if not ALL of you should have my contact & mailing info along with my ph #.

It's been a long day and tomorrow looks like more of the same.

Earl, contact me ASAP, please!

MorganHunter2, you too! JohnK, if you want or need to get in touch anddon't have my info I'm sure LonelyP, Musky1011 or eyoung429 can help you with this.

Let''s keep this pinned to the top, OK!

Till next time .... Y'all be good and if ya can't be good - be careful.
  • Options
    Boomer I'll give you a call this evening- I r a workin.
  • Options
    I'm up and running! Man, I just love when a plan comes together and everything just seems to fall in place. imageimage
  • Options
    Glad to see you are back up and running Boom .
  • Options
    Working on pairings. I'll post just as soon as I verify the accurate number of participants.

Everybody just hang loose for now! image