Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

UNOPENED SCAM ALERT--MAJOR RESEALING

13»

Comments

• Options
    I was joking with you.

I think you meant to say # 1 seller of wax in the USA, not # 1 sealer of wax in the USA

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Seen a couple of nice slander quotes Steve. Anyone attorneys want to chime in??
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seen a couple of nice slander quotes Steve. >>

Unless someone edited their post, I don't see any...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Maybe that was a jab at me, in which case carew needs to seriously look-up what the word 'slander' means.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't he? I have great respect for that guy.

But stack the deck if your favor, ya know? >>

I think you need to slow down when typing!!image
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>If some of you don't understand why it is not a smart thing for the #1 sealer of wax in the USA to be selling unused wrappers, I don't know what else needs to be said.

#1 sealer of wax is ok to post on the forums about BBCE?

this a quote from another and not from myself.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is that there's nothing wrong with selling rolls of wrappers. People getting fooled by those poorly wrapped packs are the equivalent to the people who get fooled into thinking the $200 1952 Mickey Mantle card they just bought is real. If someone is that naive about the product they are buying, they should just stick with authenticated product and not try to find that 1/1,000 bargain of the century.

I collect empty boxes and wrappers. Though I don't own rolls of wrappers, I do have heavy duplication of some years of wrappers, some modern. In fact, over the years, I saved many of the wrappers from packs I've opened with the anticipation that someday they would be valuable. Though I now know those mint 1984 Topps wrappers will never be valuable (at least in my lifetime), I can't bring myself to throw them away. There's nothing wrong with hoarding wrappers, cards, boxes or whatever else someone feels compelled to collect.

I agree with the opinion that the way to stop the scammers is to prosecute them and to educate yourself to at least a minimal level in how to spot fakes. I think it would be also benificial to start a scammer black list which includes the ebay ID and names of the scammers to make it more difficult for them to get away with ripping people off.

As Steve mentioned, it would be virtually impossible to duplicate a Topps factory wrap. To match the fold pattern and then create a way to duplicate the roller seal signature is no easy task. It's certainly no easier than reprinting a card to look like the original and is infinitely more difficult than taking a period baseball and forgeing a HOFers signature on it. If someone can accomplish that feat, it will certainly cost them more labor and $ investment than they will get back selling 79-80 hockey packs. And if they manage to crank out dozens of '52 Topps fake packs, it won't take long before everyone gets suspicious. It's such a tiny and specialized market, that people willing to go to the trouble of creating a pack folding/sealing machine would rather focus their efforts on market segments with far greater potential for return. It's like the difference between copying $2 bills vs $20 bills.
  • Options

<< <i>image

these meth-heads have sure made it a pain for those of that would actually like to buy over the counter meds and use them for their intended purpose.

I had to show my license to buy a box of Mucinex the other day. >>

I was at a pharmacy awhile back buying medicine for my sick wife. I saw they had them on clearance. Kids,adult etc. I checked experation dates and bought at least 10 different kinds. I went to the counter to pay. They said I could only get 3, I think it was. I said Ok I'll buy 3 and come back in and buy 3 more. She immediately called the manager and she asked for my license, wrote my name down and then explained there was a law and why. I thought they only wanted me to get 3 because it was such a good deal. lol oops. I must of looked so guilty.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image

these meth-heads have sure made it a pain for those of that would actually like to buy over the counter meds and use them for their intended purpose.

I had to show my license to buy a box of Mucinex the other day. >>

I was at a pharmacy awhile back buying medicine for my sick wife. I saw they had them on clearance. Kids,adult etc. I checked experation dates and bought at least 10 different kinds. I went to the counter to pay. They said I could only get 3, I think it was. I said Ok I'll buy 3 and come back in and buy 3 more. She immediately called the manager and she asked for my license, wrote my name down and then explained there was a law and why. I thought they only wanted me to get 3 because it was such a good deal. lol oops. I must of looked so guilty. >>

In some stores, its like buying alcohol, in that you have to be over 18 yrs and also some have a limit of one. They limit you just in case the buyer has bad intentions.....
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the latest addition to the ranks of the resealers...Wonder if we'll see some 1972 OPC wax soon, too.

1966 "Sealed" Packs

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    nice detective work grote, im sure we will see those 1972's for sale too.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Hmmm, the return of PAOutdoorsman?

<< <i>Here's the latest addition to the ranks of the resealers...Wonder if we'll see some 1972 OPC wax soon, too.

1966 "Sealed" Packs >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, the return of PAOutdoorsman?

Does seem like many of these sellers are from PA, not sure if it's the work of a single person or not, but it certainly seems very coincidental.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmmm, the return of PAOutdoorsman?

<< <i>Here's the latest addition to the ranks of the resealers...Wonder if we'll see some 1972 OPC wax soon, too.

1966 "Sealed" Packs >>

>>

It's definitely Paoutdoorsman in my opinion - same style of photography, same type of wording in the presentation, same area of Pennsylvania. If history serves, he'll have more auctions coming and for coins as well.

-
  • Options
    wonder if that guy with the "6 rejected Cellos " got them from the same seller....