Home Sports Talk
Options

THE OFFICIAL 2007 Mariners Run For The Series - for Axtzen

Comments

• Options

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Dan, I would love it if this were a legitimate Mariner thread like the Yankees and Red Sox threads, but this one is a mess. I don't care for it. I don't know stitzen at all, but I do not like the attitude.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options

<< <i>Take your yankee BS and lies over to your yankee thread.

So the M's lost again, the yankees won. I'd hope with that ridiculous payroll the yankees win 100+ games every year. >>

waahh, wahhhh, sniff, snifff, sniffle, wah, somebody call a wahbulance, ax is cycling
  • Options

<< <i>imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Just think, if you guys had this much passion for the yanks I might actually consider you fans gemmint. >>

we do, thats why i made this forum for you, so you would keep your idiotic postings and musings to your own little corner of the world and out of the yankees forum. But you can't stay away, you are like a brokeback cowboy, you just can't quit us.
  • Options

<< <i>Dan, I would love it if this were a legitimate Mariner thread like the Yankees and Red Sox threads, but this one is a mess. I don't care for it. I don't know stitzen at all, but I do not like the attitude. >>

he's the only reason this forum is a mess. Even if true Mariners fans wanted to post, they wouldn't because they know they'd have to deal with all the collateral damage he brings. He needs fast actin tinactin for his mouth, his foot is in it so much.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>9 straight losses image >>

Still only 2 back after the 8-2 shellacing of the Yanks by the mighty Rays!!image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on Mariners, here is your chance to end the streak -- Phil Hughes is starting!!
  • Options
    "Nice to see Adam Jones get his first home run yesterday as well."

Ax, i took a look at this kids stats. somewhat of a disappointing call up. perhaps wilting under the pressure.

Mariners better find some sack pretty soon or they will be on the outside looking in come playoff time.
  • Options
    Well the M's finally win a game. Too bad for their fans that they went 0-9 recently. They should be 4 games up instead of 1 game down.
  • Options
    hahaha way to spin.

The yankees should be 4 up and not one...the M's lose 9 of 10 and the yankees only have a game lead? bwahaha
  • Options

<< <i>hahaha way to spin.

The yankees should be 4 up and not one...the M's lose 9 of 10 and the yankees only have a game lead? bwahaha >>

How should the Yankees be 4 up? We went from 3 down to 2 up in the WC. To be 4 up we would have had to have an 8-2 or 9-1 stretch. Your 0-9 streak let us right in.
  • Options
    How would you be 4 up?

First step - sweep the worst team in baseball, the D'rays. That gets you 2 more there and puts you 3 up. But instead of taking advantage of the M's miserable 9 game losing streak, you let the D'rays with 1/10th your payroll take a series.

And you call the M's chokers...ridiculous!
  • Options
    You're looking at this all wrong. If the M's just went 5-4 instead of 0-9 you would be 4 up instead of 1 down. Sure the Yanks didn't take full advantage of your slide, but we moved up 5 games (3 down to 2 up). I'll take it.
  • Options
    Spin boy, spin!

The yankees lose TWO of THREE games to an infinitely less paid team - a team with the worst record in baseball. There's no reason the yanks shouldn't win those three games. The yankees should be THREE up today, instead of ONE. But a lack of HEART shows through the yanks and they will AGAIN not win the world series this year.

• Options
    Their first loss againt the Rays I can't fault too much following the sweep of Boston - It was a let down. The Sunday loss with Petitte on the mound was inexcusable. You've got to get off of the payroll argument. It's just not valid. This is why they play the games.

Could we have been up more? Sure. But we shouldn't be up at all! That's the whole point.

It's all history now anyway. The M's broke their losing streak, and the Yanks have to get back on track.
  • Options
    There is no justifying losing a game to the D'rays - ever. They are the worst team with the smallest payroll in baseball. For the yanks fans to try to justify losing any games to them ('an emotional letdown from the sweep in Boston') is garbage, pure and simple. To say a loss was justified proves just how far this team has fallen.

And I will continue to use the payroll argument as long as there exists such a disparity in payroll in baseball. The payroll issue allows teams like NY to make up for terrible signings with other free agent signings. I don't care what you have to say, the inequity in payroll in baseball is a HUGE problem.

The fact that the M's are only one game out after losing 9 of 10 speaks to how miserable the yanks have played. Despite all stars at nearly every position and a ridiculous team payroll.

• Options
    Fine, there's no justifying having a 9 game losing streak when you're one of the higher paid teams in baseball - ever. For the M fans to justify that they're only 1 down after such an horrific streak is garbage, pure and simple.
  • Options
    I don't think I ever justified the streak. Please quit your revisionist history BS.

To lose 2/3 to the D'RAYS in September in the heat of a playoff chase proves just how empty of heart this team is. Pathetic! Then to lose (and get absolutely crushed) by a team struggling through a 9 game losing streak? PATHETIC!
  • Options
    Empty of heart?

We swept our divison rival, while you got swept by yours. Which team came up empty when it mattered most?

Keep telling yourself whatever story makes you forget that inexcusable 0-9 collapse during crunch time image
  • Options
    And you keep telling yourself whatever it takes to forget the debacle of losing 2 of 3 to the d'rays while the Mariners are floundering, then losing the first game in a key series to put us only a game out.

Empty of heart? Yes, it's the yankees, who, despite outspending every other team by tens of millions, is still scuffling along and is likely to miss the postseason! Oh, by the way, Clemens is likely done for the year.

Way to spend $28 million!!!
  • Options
    Keep talking chit. Losing 2 of 3 to the Rays is embarrassing. Going 0-9 during crunch time is a debacle.

If you're so sure that we'll miss the postseason then why didn't you take baseball's bet?
  • Options
    Boy you're acting mighty heady for a 1-9 run image We'll see what you're like tomorrow after Wang shuts your guys down.
  • Options
    haha

You're talking a lot too for a team that's underperformed ALL year long.

A team that has now lost 3 of 4, and allowed a team that was struggling through 9 straight losses a lifeline. Instead of being 3 up in the first game of the series, they've allowed the M's hope and a new lease on life.

• Options
    Numbers anyone?

2003 to now August through October. Yankees record vs Drays 20-9
    2003 to now August through October Seattles record vs Drays 7-11

Yankees have 4 left vs the Drays, Seattle has 3.

Oh yeah, season series Yankees vs Seattle tied 4-4

Yankees record vs Seattle since 2003? 22-12
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Who cares about 2003-2006, they mean exactly SQUAT in 2007. Thanks for your pathetic and miserable attempt to prove a point, but you have proved nothing.

The M's are 4-4 against a team this year who outspent them by over $80 million...I'll take that.

Now, go run back to your Flawed Debate Tactics 101 class and come back with something, anything resembling a coherent argument. 2003 - 2006? WHO CARES?!?
  • Options

<< <i>Instead of being 3 up in the first game of the series, they've allowed the M's hope and a new lease on life. >>

That is the ONLY thing you've said that has made any sense.
  • Options

<< <i>Who cares about 2003-2006, they mean exactly SQUAT in 2007. Thanks for your pathetic and miserable attempt to prove a point, but you have proved nothing.

The M's are 4-4 against a team this year who outspent them by over $80 million...I'll take that.

Now, go run back to your Flawed Debate Tactics 101 class and come back with something, anything resembling a coherent argument. 2003 - 2006? WHO CARES?!? >>

Did I strike a cord Tinkerbell? Merely pointing out that instead of being so consumed with the Yankees losing 2 of 3 to the Drays, you should be more worried about how your team (with it's history of losing to the Drays) does against them. But then again, you are used to seeing your team fail. They've made the playoffs what 4 times in their history. And the one time they looked like they would go all the way (2001), they got trounced by the Yankees. Maybe that's where all this hatred of NY is coming from.

And by the way, look up what a coherent argument is, because you've never had one in your life...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

• Options
    The D-rays have some immensely talented young hitters and two very solid starters. I would take Kazmir any day of the week. And those young hitters and cast offs can put up a LOT of runs. If TB had a bullpen and one more starter they would be extremely dangerous.
  • Options
    What's the matter, princess, you upset because I shot holes in your moronic assertion that somehow wins and losses from 3 years ago apply? Why not look at *this* year and see the M's are 2-1 against the D'rays, instead of pulling random numbers out of your backside and saying 'they stink against tampa!' Nevermind that the yanks have lost 7 out of 15 to the Drays, a team they should own considering the vast payroll differences.

So do this for me: next time you feel like 'contributing', actually contribute something worthwhile and relevant. Otherwise, don't hit the 'reply to thread' button ok?

Thanks for playing!
  • Options
    Oh come on now Tinkerbell. Did I really get to you that quickly?

History has a tendency of repeating itself. Such can be said about baseball. Such can be said about you and your constant inane ramblings.

Now put down the keyboard, turn off the computer and go play Dungeons and Dragons by yourself. Or continue to babble on as it doesn't matter to me. Internet trolls don't upset me.

• Options

<< <i>Oh come on now Tinkerbell. Did I really get to you that quickly? >>

No, to imply you 'got to me' would imply you had some sort of reason to your argument. You didn't. You brought up numbers that meant nothing in a failed attempt to defend your yankees inability to close the deal when it was readily in hand. A series against the worst team in baseball and they upchuck two of three games? Get lost.

<< <i>History has a tendency of repeating itself. Such can be said about baseball. Such can be said about you and your constant inane ramblings. >>

So if my 'ramblings' are as 'inane' as you claim them to be, why spend the time to respond? I think that alone speaks a lot more to your faults than to mine.

<< <i>Now put down the keyboard, turn off the computer and go play Dungeons and Dragons by yourself. Or continue to babble on as it doesn't matter to me. Internet trolls don't upset me. >>

Oh boy a D&D 'insult'? That's original...oh wait not it's not. I see you have devolved from posting irrelevant stats to now personal insults...I guess when your ridiculous attempts at debate are swatted away that's your only real recourse...the surest sign of a limited mind.

• Options
    <<And the one time they looked like they would go all the way (2001), they got trounced by the Yankees. Maybe that's where all this hatred of NY is coming from.>>

YES, YES.....BINGO! THAT IS IT!!!!!

Now:

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    seated-

your repeated and overuse of the same moronic graphic proves to me you are stown's alt, or you share the same brain.

Get out.

Don't be bitter because in spite of going 1-9 in their last 10, the M's sit just one game behind the perennially underachieving yankees. Arod is smart and is jumping off the sinking ship.
  • Options
    Horacio Ramirez pitched pretty well until the Yankees realized old Horacio has a 6.45 ERA and they better not get embarrassed by him.

• Options
    Oh well a Ho-Ram game is usually a loss which sucks, he's no better than a AAA pitcher and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt there.

Tomorrow's a new day and another chance to move within one game of the wild card lead!

By the way, you're still posting replies to me after you vowed not to, and you still have me referenced in your signature line - pathetic.
  • Options
    Yeah don't worry about your 1-10 M's.

I know, I know, they're only 2 back. To which my reply is they should be 4 up.
  • Options
    ahh gemmint, you are as bad as gfb...riding high when the yanks and runnin your yap, then a ghost when the yanks lose...why don't you pretend like every night the yanks lose so you don't come back?

That would be great.
  • Options
    Stupid, go check the posts from Monday's game. Everyone here knows you're a liar.
  • Options

<< <i>why don't you pretend like every night the yanks lose so you don't come back? >>

Ummm I'm not the one who was banned multiple times. I have a right to be here. You don't loser. image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>proves to me you are stown's alt >>

Just when I thought you have made the most moronic statements that can't be topped, you spew this kind of garbage.

Listen here, dope. I'll extend and sweeten my previous offer of the 1955 Topps set:

If you can prove that I have ever, and I mean EVER, posted from another alias, you can have my entire collection. Complete and partial sets from the 50's and 60's, pre-war cards, my signed memorabilia (including my HOF bat, Heisman and HOF helmets, team signed balls, etc), modern stuff, and on and on...

I honestly have no idea how much the street value is for all of it but since my insurance policy says $100K, I'll go with that.

You see, I don't need to hide behind multiple aliases, unlike you. My life doesn't revolve around this board, like yours. If I want to post something, it will only be from one alias and one alias only, you freaking ignorant obnoxious putz.

Take your idiotic conspiracies and shove them where the sun don't shine, Tinkerbell.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>proves to me you are stown's alt >>

Just when I thought you have made the most moronic statements that can't be topped, you spew this kind of garbage.

Listen here, dope. I'll extend and sweeten my previous offer of the 1955 Topps set:

If you can prove that I have ever, and I mean EVER, posted from another alias, you can have my entire collection. Complete and partial sets from the 50's and 60's, pre-war cards, my signed memorabilia (including my HOF bat, Heisman and HOF helmets, team signed balls, etc), modern stuff, and on and on...

I honestly have no idea how much the street value is for all of it but since my insurance policy says $100K, I'll go with that.

You see, I don't need to hide behind multiple aliases, unlike you. My life doesn't revolve around this board, like yours. If I want to post something, it will only be from one alias and one alias only, you freaking ignorant obnoxious putz.

Take your idiotic conspiracies and shove them where the sun don't shine, Tinkerbell. >>

Maybe Axtell will counter by putting up his partial set of 1985 Topps Football cards which he probably has insured for $10.
  • Options
    Ooh looks like I struck a nerve with the supposedly retired stown...someone who said he'd retired from this board but apparently reads every single post.

And I'm the one without a life?

Ahh the hypocrisy...it's so sweet.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A metaphor occurred to me that I think is as nearly perfect as metaphors get, and I wanted to share it.

Imagine you are in a field of freshly-mowed grass in a public park; you're having a picnic, playing catch, just hanging out, whatever. It's not the Elysian Fields or anything like that, but it's a good field and you are enjoying yourself. In fact, you come to the field often; you come often enough that you get to know the other people who visit regularly and that just adds to your enjoyment.

Then one day when you come to the field you see that right in the center of it is a giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement. Of course, you go to the park rangers and ask them to please remove the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement as they have done many times before (and as any reasonable person would believe it was their job to do) but they do not. As a further annoyance, they not only won't remove the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement they will not even acknowledge in any way, shape or form that their field now contains a giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement.

Some of the people in the field say that you should just ignore the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement. But how is that possible? In the first place, the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement takes up space that you may no longer go near, and in the second place, even from a distance the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement smells so bad it makes your eyes sting. Finally, you have to endure the sight of some of the park visitors actually playing with the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement. Sure, most of the people have the sense to stay away from the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement, but seeing even one person playing in a giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement is really enough to make you start to equate the field with less-than-happy thoughts. No, ignoring the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement may be better than stepping in it, but it is hardly a satisfactory alternative to simply removing it.

Oh, and since I said the analogy was perfect, the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement has big turd man-boobs and thinks that it's some sort of wizard.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>A metaphor occurred to me that I think is as nearly perfect as metaphors get, and I wanted to share it.

Imagine you are in a field of freshly-mowed grass in a public park; you're having a picnic, playing catch, just hanging out, whatever. It's not the Elysian Fields or anything like that, but it's a good field and you are enjoying yourself. In fact, you come to the field often; you come often enough that you get to know the other people who visit regularly and that just adds to your enjoyment.

Then one day when you come to the field you see that right in the center of it is a giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement. Of course, you go to the park rangers and ask them to please remove the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement as they have done many times before (and as any reasonable person would believe it was their job to do) but they do not. As a further annoyance, they not only won't remove the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement they will not even acknowledge in any way, shape or form that their field now contains a giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement.

Some of the people in the field say that you should just ignore the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement. But how is that possible? In the first place, the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement takes up space that you may no longer go near, and in the second place, even from a distance the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement smells so bad it makes your eyes sting. Finally, you have to endure the sight of some of the park visitors actually playing with the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement. Sure, most of the people have the sense to stay away from the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement, but seeing even one person playing in a giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement is really enough to make you start to equate the field with less-than-happy thoughts. No, ignoring the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement may be better than stepping in it, but it is hardly a satisfactory alternative to simply removing it.

Oh, and since I said the analogy was perfect, the giant, steaming, malodorous pile of excrement has big turd man-boobs and thinks that it's some sort of wizard. >>

truer words haven't been spoken (typed) concerning the gsmpoe known as axey-err stitzen-err merlin--err what is it this week?
  • Options

<< <i>ahh gemmint, you are as bad as gfb...riding high when the yanks and runnin your yap, then a ghost when the yanks lose...why don't you pretend like every night the yanks lose so you don't come back?

That would be great. >>

you know what would be great? if your disability check didn't show up on the first of the month and they cut off your internet access, THAT would be great

You should really take some imodium a.d. or something for that mouth diarrhea it gets worse every day. No one here is a ghost or a band wagon rider, we just don't LIVE ON THE INTERNET UNDER A BRIDGE you TROLL
  • Options
    You know, the M's probably won't make it into the playoffs this year. I give them about a 25% chance. However, you have to admit that it's amazing they are even close to making it... and were +20 only 2 weeks ago... considering the following 2 huge negative factors:

1- Horrible starting pitching. Yeah, they had a couple of stretches where most of them looked decent, but for the most part, they've been horrible! Not only do they not have a #1, I would say they don't even have a #2! Felix is probably a #3 at best cuz you can maybe count on a good start from him 1 of every 4 times out. The rest of the guys are #5's or worse!

2- A .200 hitting "cleanup hitter". Sexson has had a dismal season, no debating it! Not only has the guy been at .200 the entire year, but he choked so many times with runners on it was frankly amazing. He had to be the single biggest disappointment in the entire AL, if not all MLB.

Despite these 2 major negative factors, the M's actually made it fun to watch them this year. Some nice hitting performances and at times great defense were the 2 main reasons for this. Of course, Ichiro is having yet another stellar year with the bat and on the bases, and has amazingly played flawless CF in his first full season there. Sure, a miracle could still happen, but I think the Yanks or Tigers are much better positioned to go, unless the M's starters just happen to start pitching over their own heads again for the last 3+ weeks of the season.

Next year, we've got to get rid of Sexson and add at least 2 decent starters and we should be able to make a good run at it!
    Jim G
    All-time favorite athletes:
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Options
    Now that'a more like it!

Your pitching the last two games was awful. A stellar performance by Master Hughes tonight. A-Rod has been a beast this year. I was worried about his ankle injury last night but I guess it doesn't affect his HR swing.

• Options
    It's apparent the overload of games is getting to the M's, and they've looked tired...no excuse for their terrible performances as of late...they've forgotten they're playing a terrible yankees team that they are superior to.

Oh well, if the M's season is over I'm ok with it...meaningful games into September is a nice change. Bring on football!
  • Options

<< <i>they've forgotten they're playing a terrible yankees team that they are superior to. >>