Home Sports Talk
Options

THE OFFICIAL 2007 Mariners Run For The Series - for Axtzen

Since Axtzen won't stop trolling in the yankees forum, I went out of my way to create one just for his beloved M's.

Have fun!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry Axtroll, you can always watch reruns of game 5 from the '95 Wild Card to ease your pain after your season ends soon.
  • Options
    rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    Anybody know what the Mariners magic # is.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody know what the Mariners magic # is. >>

With Axtell rooting for them...their magic number is "infinity"
  • Options
    rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    I did some calculations and figured out the Mariners magic #. 1995

• Options
    While the yanks continue to scuffle their $200 million payroll away, the Phillies place their #1 starter Cole on the DL, all the Mariners do is win.

Another hitfest tonight, 15 hits and 9 runs, moving within a game of the Angels (another loss) and 2 up on the idle yanks.

Meanwhile, the board clowns look more and more stupid with each post.

Go M's.
  • Options
    They wont make it, mark that down.. Angels and Yankees or Boston...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>They wont make it, mark that down.. Angels and Yankees or Boston... >>

Even if they don't make it, it's been a hell of a ride. And if you are assuming Seattle does make it, it would be the Angels, Yankees, *and* Boston that would go.

But Seattle right now is one back of Anaheim, who has to face Halladay, while the M's play the hapless Rangers. Seattle could very well be tied for first this time tomorrow.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    When are the M's going to cool down. I thought Hargrove leaving would affect them and it didn't. I still think Guillen will cause a stir before its all over.

Right now the Halos are playing there most feared team. That's right, the Blue Jays. Like we have the Yankees number, Blue Jays have our number. M's could be in 1st place sometime this weekend

Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    It's those pesky teams that drive me crazy...M's have had a 6 and 7 game losing streak this year, losing 4 in a row to a terrible texas team earlier this year that was nearly inexcusable as losing 3 straight to a miserable Astros club.

• Options
    M's roll again, yanks continue to forget how to win...gotta love rolling in to september with a 3 game lead in the wild card and only a game back in the West.

Should be a really interesting month.
  • Options
    How many World Series have the Mariners won in the last 30 years?

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i>How many World Series have the Mariners won in the last 30 years? >>

Hell how many pennants have they won?

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many fan do they have?
  • Options

<< <i>How many World Series have the Mariners won in the last 30 years? >>

So you are like a majority of yankee 'fans' who celebrate them simply because of the number of world series they have won...I get it, bandwagon rider.
  • Options
    Irritant, not one cell in my body has every rooted for another MLB team besides the New York Yankees.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Axtzen, I see you have the Ace of your staff going tonight.
    http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=400141

• Options
    He's the ace of the staff? Hardly, he should have been DFA'd months ago.

But then you really don't care to talk baseball, you'd rather just flame on and on and on wouldn't you.

• Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Mariners look really good, scrappy team, Putz is lights out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them pass the Angels.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Go Texas! Go Toronto!

• Options
    Go Texas! Go Toronto!

Looks like your wish came through. M's and Angels losers on Saturday. Would be cool in Angels lost today and M's won, making the teams tied for first when they kick off there 3 game head to head series on Monday.

Looks like the west has a race on its hands and the loser hopefully can grab the wild card spot

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    <<Would be cool in Angels lost today and M's won, making the teams tied for first when they kick off there 3 game head to head series on Monday>>

Treetop, why would you want the M's to win? Aren't you an Angels fan?

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a Mariners fan and I, for one, think this year's M's could be the '06 Tigers when it is all said and done. Just a lot of good things going on this year with the M's and I am really enjoying the ride. Most importantly, I see a great September coming up in all the divisions and wild cards which should make all of us baseball fans very happy!
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    M's had a chance to win a game last night they had no business winning with HoRam on the mound, and Ichiro resting, but a couple of errors by the normally sure handed Beltre cost the game.

No worries, they'll take the series today and set up for a great showdown with their nemesis this year, the Angels.

• Options
    RangermanRangerman Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Rangers win 5-3 again........image We'll try to take Creeperkat's LA Angels next weekendimage
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    Another disappointing loss, only putting up 3 in consecutive games against a terrible Rangers pitching staff is inexcusable.
  • Options
    BIG Series starts tonight. Angels pull away late in the game and win 6 to 4 with Brandon Morrow taking the loss and Lackey getting the win.

After the Halos, you guys have a TOUGH road trip. Halos should be able to pad there lead

Vidro hitting .387 since the break? Hows that Jones kid doing?

• Options
    Treetop, why would you want the M's to win? Aren't you an Angels fan?

Yes, Huge fan, fly a 3x4ft banner from the front of my house letting the world know Angels rule. Also having my 50th birthday party in 12 days at the stadium during a game. rented a suite! Should be a blast!

Problem is my wife is from Seattle and her whole family bleeds mariner blue. I have to be gentle with my posts, because she reads them!!

• Options

<< <i>BIG Series starts tonight. Angels pull away late in the game and win 6 to 4 with Brandon Morrow taking the loss and Lackey getting the win. >>

M's have the pitching advantage in the series, a 2/3 win for them isn't impossible. Coming home after a long road trip will help revitalize the bats, and having the everyday lineup back in there after getting guys days off the last 2 games will help as well.

<< <i>After the Halos, you guys have a TOUGH road trip. Halos should be able to pad there lead

Vidro hitting .387 since the break? Hows that Jones kid doing? >>

Jones hasn't been able to get at bats because Ibanez and Vidro both decided to start hitting once he got called up. Jones started for Ichiro on Saturday. Until Jones can get some consistent at bats, its going to be tough for him to get into a hitting groove.

As far as the tough road trip, they've been playing lots of baseball all year...the early season rainouts have meant make up games all year long on their off days. They have 44 games in the season's final 45 days.

This series is absolutely vital.
  • Options
    Looks like Lackey continues to master the mariners. 23-24 scoreless innings in a row lackey has put up against the M's.

Batastia has been hit hard his last two starts. If he continues to fail, M's be lucky to make the play-offs

Santana tomorrow for the halo's. Another Angels pitcher that normally handles the M's fairly easy.

Do i see a sweep? Not yet!!!

• Options

<< <i>Looks like Lackey continues to master the mariners. 23-24 scoreless innings in a row lackey has put up against the M's. >>

Yeah, he's been disgustingly good against the M's this year. 0.00 ERA in three starts and soon to be 3-0.

<< <i>Batastia has been hit hard his last two starts. If he continues to fail, M's be lucky to make the play-offs >>

Not necessarily, Batista has been the #4 guy for awhile behind King Felix, Washburn, and Weaver.

<< <i>Santana tomorrow for the halo's. Another Angels pitcher that normally handles the M's fairly easy.

Do i see a sweep? Not yet!!! >>

We'll see how tomorrow plays out, I had a bad feeling about tonight's game when Ichiro got absolutely robbed on that first at bat.
  • Options
    Besides being extremely happy about the Mariners losing, Lackey is on my Fantasy Baseball team. image

• Options
    Tomorrow game should be interesting with the pitching matchups. Don't know what you are gonna get with either pitcher was Jeff Weaver has been pitching pretty good lately.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    It's actually pretty damn interesting this year even with my Twins scuffling as a 0.500 team. We have six teams fighting for four spots. The Tigers are a better team right now even without Sheffield than they have been for the last month.

I'm predicting a one game playoff between Seattle and Cleveland with the Yanks on the outside by a game.
  • Options
    The M's got shutout last night, which sucked, but the yanks getting absolutely owned 16-0 going in to their crucial three game series against the Sox made the night bearable.

The M's absolutely have to win the next 2 against the Angels to have a shot at the division.
  • Options
    1 inning and OUCH!

• Options
    Mariners and Angels knock each other out why don't you. image

• Options
    Chipping, chipping.........

• Options
    Angels take the lead in the 8th inning after being down 5 zip.

What a game!!~!

• Options
    What an absolutely devastating night...did what they needed to do, come out swinging and take a huge lead, but to not get a hit for 3 innings and keep the pressure on is inexcusable. The yanks won which shrinks the wild card lead to 1 game.

Tomorrow night is an absolute must win.
  • Options
    What a win for the Halos and what a loss for the M's. Like to see the Halos leave Seattle with a sweep going into there 10 game homestand, while the M's hit the road going to Cleveland, Toronto, New York and Detroit.

Angels can lock this up within the next 10-11 days

• Options
    Hey Stitzell, nice job by your Maroons last night blowing a 5 run lead. You gave Yankee fans an earful for blowing a 1 run lead to the Angels recently. Give me a break! Hey at least we took one game from them 3,000 miles from our home. Can your M's do that much in their own ballpark?
  • Options
    Wow, Mariners get swept at home against the team they must beat image

The M's are pretenders!
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ms are the Angel's full-time whipping boy. Some might say 'full time be-yatch'. They proved it this week. Impressive...

Guess I have to focus on the Wild Card, and the damn Yanks now.

Go Ms!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Oh YEAH! A day to remember. Angels completely handle the M's in there own ballpark. Take away that 1/3 of an inning the M's ran off 5 runs, they only scored 3 runs in the remaining 26 2/3 innings. Completely shutdown.

The M's laid down in the 9th today. number 3 and 4 hitters struck out by our mop up man bootcheck. Number 5 hitter was lucky to fight off a few pitches with 2 strikes and finally pop out to the catcher to end the game Could you imagine if Bootcheck did strikeout the side? What an embarrassment that WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR THE M’S

DID i MENTIONED THE ANGELS TOOK ALL 3 FROM THE M'S IN THERE OWN BALLPARK?

• Options

<< <i>Oh YEAH! A day to remember. Angels completely handle the M's in there own ballpark. Take away that 1/3 of an inning the M's ran off 5 runs, they only scored 3 runs in the remaining 26 2/3 innings. Completely shutdown.

The M's laid down in the 9th today. number 3 and 4 hitters struck out by our mop up man bootcheck. Number 5 hitter was lucky to fight off a few pitches with 2 strikes and finally pop out to the catcher to end the game Could you imagine if Bootcheck did strikeout the side? What an embarrassment that WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR THE M’S

DID i MENTIONED THE ANGELS TOOK ALL 3 FROM THE M'S IN THERE OWN BALLPARK? >>

Sweeetttt!!!!!

Ax must be in mourning, no posting after the big sweep-a-rooni. Man i hate those fair weather, band wagon jumping fans that only post when their team is putting a whipping on somebody, somebody should do something about them
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, Mariners get swept at home against the team they must beat image

The M's are pretenders! >>

Meanwhile, a team with nearly double the payroll as the M's sits SIX games behind in second place and tied with the M's for the wild card lead.

Pretenders? Those are the dopes in pinstripes.

• Options
    The M's are really folding.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Settle down, Treetop. The Angels didn't just win the World Series. Sheesh!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    I knew they would!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow, Mariners get swept at home against the team they must beat image

The M's are pretenders! >>

Meanwhile, a team with nearly double the payroll as the M's sits SIX games behind in second place and tied with the M's for the wild card lead.

Pretenders? Those are the dopes in pinstripes. >>

There you go playin the payroll card again. You'd think with as many Wii's as Nintendo has sold they'd spend a little on their American Baseball Team to get them over the hump. Then again with the luxury tax the Yankees pay, they probably pay the salaries of one or two of the M's players, so be glad George is willing to do what it takes (in his mind) to put a winner on the field.

Ooohhh, starting Monday its gonna be good